Asus Transformer Live Wallpapers?

Search This thread

Shamushand

Sep 19, 2011
Orlando, Florida
I've tried several ports of "Asus Day Scene" and "My Water" on my Nexus 7, and they either won't install or don't work properly. The "Day Scene" usually ends up just showing a white background, and "My Water" lags while showing a floating black square, eventually crashing. Anyone here have any better luck with these?

Shamushand

Sep 19, 2011
Orlando, Florida
Progress! Using the "Day Scene" apk from this thread, I was able to install, set it as a wallpaper (white), then reboot to a working live wallpaper. Not sure how long it will work though, as the wallpaper changes during the day, and might go white during a change. Widget in link works too (somewhat), it resizes and displays the appropriate weather and location but does not save settings when changed.

As for the "My Water" wallpaper, I used the apk from here (not working).

Update: Changed the system time to force the Day Scene wallpaper to change... and it slowly faded to white. Disappointing, but the wallpaper still works when set to not change.

Last edited:

Shamushand

Sep 19, 2011
Orlando, Florida
After some more fiddling and googling, my guess is that the wallpapers have an issue with Jelly Bean. So perhaps our best guess is to wait until the Asus Transformer gets the JB update? Just wish I could get a working My Water wallpaper. :(

After some more fiddling and googling, my guess is that the wallpapers have an issue with Jelly Bean. So perhaps our best guess is to wait until the Asus Transformer gets the JB update? Just wish I could get a working My Water wallpaper. :(

I have used this version of the water LWP on both the stock ROM and the latest PA ROM and it works fine for both.

_Ryan_

Jul 15, 2010

This was a problem on my ICS Bionic as well. Tried a couple different versions of the Asus Day Scene with no luck. White screen after the first transition. I wonder if it would work better as a system app but unfortunately I haven't rooted yet to find out.

bourne-nolonger

Mar 24, 2011
Toronto
I tried the Asus weather widget which works greats.
The Asus my water LWP doesn't work for me. It crashes almost instantaneously after applying.
Anyone has it working on stock JB with no root?

================================= Update

I think I fixed (maybe)
I went in and cleared all the data and cache and then reapplied the wallpaper and this time it didn't crash.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you post the apks to look at?
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium