Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,315 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CM10.1] [Jellybro] D2ATT Nightly Kangs

Tip us?

DarthDerron
Old
Thanks Meter 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyurtingyeti View Post
Alright... I'm feeling like the "needy" guy in the thread right now, but the last round of clean installs has been irritating at best.

So I think I noticed that my SDCard was storage/emulated/0/0/0 so I backed up and wiped the internal SDCard and reflashed everything. During the setup I messed up how TiBu was restoring and my UIDs were now inconsistent and like half my backups weren't working right (my fault).

I then reformatted /data and rebooted (I did not reflash anything)... well, it started me at the beginning again, but I noticed that SDCard was now storage/emulated/0/0 (instead of storage/emulated/0 when I reformatted the internal SDCard).

Am I going to have to format the internal card every time I want/need to factory reset, or am I missing something here??

I understand these are experimental builds, so if that's what I have to do, I can... I just don't want to be doing a lot of extra stuff if there's an easy fix (or I'm doing something wrong).

Thanks for the additional help!

(FWIW I'm currently on the 0214 build)
Update your recovery to the latest. Should fix all the 0 emulated folders.
Remember to thank anyone who has helped you.
Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M

The Following User Says Thank You to DarthDerron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theyurtingyeti
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDerron View Post
Update your recovery to the latest. Should fix all the 0 emulated folders.
That's far better than the other alternative. Thanks!

djn541
Old
Thanks Meter 1722

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [CM10.1][Jellybro] D2ATT Nightly Kangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyurtingyeti View Post
Alright... I'm feeling like the "needy" guy in the thread right now, but the last round of clean installs has been irritating at best.

So I think I noticed that my SDCard was storage/emulated/0/0/0 so I backed up and wiped the internal SDCard and reflashed everything. During the setup I messed up how TiBu was restoring and my UIDs were now inconsistent and like half my backups weren't working right (my fault).

I then reformatted /data and rebooted (I did not reflash anything)... well, it started me at the beginning again, but I noticed that SDCard was now storage/emulated/0/0 (instead of storage/emulated/0 when I reformatted the internal SDCard).

Am I going to have to format the internal card every time I want/need to factory reset, or am I missing something here??

I understand these are experimental builds, so if that's what I have to do, I can... I just don't want to be doing a lot of extra stuff if there's an easy fix (or I'm doing something wrong).

Thanks for the additional help!

(FWIW I'm currently on the 0214 build)
You should only have to format everything once. Unless you're going back and forth between 4.1 and 4.2

Sent from wherever the hell I am!
Phone: Google Nexus 5
ROM: I build my own from CM source
Theme: Stock ATM
Recovery: TWRP
#EUROSKANK!

The Following User Says Thank You to djn541 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theyurtingyeti
Old
Thanks Meter 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by djn541 View Post
You should only have to format everything once. Unless you're going back and forth between 4.1 and 4.2

Sent from wherever the hell I am!
Very true! In hindsight I think I screwed something up going from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2 and back... Prior to that it had been months since my last reset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

gundamboy
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Curious question, what Kernel is everybody pairing up with this ROM? I've been using Task's but it caused bootloops.
Recently I switched to Leankernel, but its a lagfest at times.. I feel like having no additional kernel seems to be the sweet spot for now, but I was just curious about everyone else's thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance!
Phone - Google Nexus 5
ROM - Stock - Rooted
Recovery - TWRP 2.6.3.4 Nexus 5
Kernel - Franco Kernel r19

Phone History
Xperia X1 -> Blackberry Bold -> HTC Magic -> iPhone 3G -> HTC HD2 -> Nexus One -> Xperia X10 -> iPhone 4 -> HTC G2 -> Nexus S ->
T-Mobile G2x -> Galaxy Note -> Galaxy Nexus -> iPhone 5 -> Galaxy SIII -> Galaxy Note II -> Galaxy SIV -> Nexus 5
-> HTC One M8

Heisenberg420
Old
Thanks Meter 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamboy View Post
Curious question, what Kernel is everybody pairing up with this ROM? I've been using Task's but it caused bootloops.
Recently I switched to Leankernel, but its a lagfest at times.. I feel like having no additional kernel seems to be the sweet spot for now, but I was just curious about everyone else's thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance!
BMS is good

rani9990
Old
Thanks Meter 950

DONATE TO ME

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
How about KT's? That's the best kernel IMHO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
HIT THANKS IF I'VE HELPED YOU!
IF YOU WANT TO HELP OUT WITH MY COLLEGE FUND, AND LIKE MY WORK, YOU CAN DONATE TO ME, A 13 YEAR OLD.
SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 - OC'ed to 1.9 GHZ- Stock + Root
Previous Devices:
LG NITRO HD - CM10 Nightly- OC'ed to 1.9 Ghz - Stock LG-P930 Kernel
Samsung Captivate - MyUI Euphoria - OC'ed to 1.5 Ghz - Kernel Semaphore
MY WORKS
SGS3 LAUNCHER
MOTOBLUR LAUNCHER PORT
SGS3 TASK MANAGER (REMOVED)
The Following User Says Thank You to rani9990 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djn541
Old
Thanks Meter 1722

DONATE TO ME
Hey guys. Sorry been out for a bit. It was moving weekend. I should have my rig set up tonight and hopefully have a build tonight or tomorrow! Stay Tuned!
Phone: Google Nexus 5
ROM: I build my own from CM source
Theme: Stock ATM
Recovery: TWRP
#EUROSKANK!

The Following User Says Thank You to djn541 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gundamboy
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME

Agreed, I'm using KT's kernel build now and it's great!! Far and stable, the undervolting options is definitely a plus for me 10/10 this combo is a match made in heaven.

Djn take your time bro! We're lucky to even have you kanging for us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
Phone - Google Nexus 5
ROM - Stock - Rooted
Recovery - TWRP 2.6.3.4 Nexus 5
Kernel - Franco Kernel r19

Phone History
Xperia X1 -> Blackberry Bold -> HTC Magic -> iPhone 3G -> HTC HD2 -> Nexus One -> Xperia X10 -> iPhone 4 -> HTC G2 -> Nexus S ->
T-Mobile G2x -> Galaxy Note -> Galaxy Nexus -> iPhone 5 -> Galaxy SIII -> Galaxy Note II -> Galaxy SIV -> Nexus 5
-> HTC One M8

matrixzone
Old
Thanks Meter 759

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Stock one rocks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
If this is helpful or useful, please hit "Thanks" and its free

Tags
cyanogenmod, d2att, euroskank, jelly bean, kang