Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Ghosting/image retention problems, but only for a little bit?

OP FaithCry

1st August 2012, 01:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,881

1,861 posts
More
The problem:

I will leave my tab unattended for several hours for reasons such as sleep or work and then come back to turn on my tab. I'll start typing or replying emails and then I will go to the settings via the notification bar. Then I see my keyboard being ghosted in the gradient background for about 10 seconds. I continue to write my emails and hit settings back and forth quickly to see if it persists, and it does.

But after a couple on/off flicks over the course of half an hour to an hour, the ghosting will stop....such that I write an email in the same fashion as before and then hit settings but I won't see the ghosting off the keyboard.

Had anyone experienced the same phenomenon?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
1st August 2012, 03:39 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 90

488 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithCry

The problem:

I will leave my tab unattended for several hours for reasons such as sleep or work and then come back to turn on my tab. I'll start typing or replying emails and then I will go to the settings via the notification bar. Then I see my keyboard being ghosted in the gradient background for about 10 seconds. I continue to write my emails and hit settings back and forth quickly to see if it persists, and it does.

But after a couple on/off flicks over the course of half an hour to an hour, the ghosting will stop....such that I write an email in the same fashion as before and then hit settings but I won't see the ghosting off the keyboard.

Had anyone experienced the same phenomenon?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I have also. It takes a minute or two then it fades away. My desktop widgets and icons really show up when I slide over to a blank screen.
1st August 2012, 03:52 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 210

1,187 posts
I don't have this, and judging from other comments, this seems to be mostly limited to the IO/preproduction versions. Might want to go for an exchange.

Edit: but a few hours? I'm not sure.
1st August 2012, 03:56 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
I am having this issue but mine doesn't seem to go away. Actually my unit seems to ghost one image on top of another making it extremely irritating after some use. I have the retail Nexus 7 8GB unit and using it around 25% brightness.

I have contacted google with no response yet and a representative from ASUS who hasn't responded yet.
1st August 2012, 10:17 AM   |  #5  
London
Thanks Meter: 3

53 posts
More
I got my nexus 7 yesterday and I can see ghosting on widgets which does not seem to away. Should I go in for an exchange ?
9th August 2012, 05:03 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
My nexus 7 16gb prurchased from walmart has ALL of the issues reported. I have light led bleeding on the top of my screen, I have touch screen unresponsiveness and now I am having ghosting issues.... how cheap did ASUS make this thing ?.? This is my first ever tablet and I am thouroughly dissapointed, I love Google but this is unacceptable
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread