Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 45,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Review/Pics: Skinomi carbon fiber skin, tab & dock

Tip us?

ajamils
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspenMan View Post
The dock is actually easier. The part I found hard was the small parts of the tablet skin on the side/top/bottom kept wanting to peel themselves back and it took a lot of holding it in place while drying. The dock I would only use a small amount of the fluid on the main piece and just stick on all the small pieces, it's easy and nothing wants to peel itself back.

I don't plan on using the screen protector, don't like the feel of it and I prefer anti-glare. I used a similar one on my Xoom and it took almost a week for the streaks to clear and even then it didn't look very good. I also read another review that said the screen protector will stick to the skin on the dock and cause bubbles to form. The anti-glare screen protector I use isn't sticky at all and I don't have this issue (Poetic anti-glare screen protectors - 3 pack, $14.95 on Amazon)
Will give covering the dock a try sometime tomorrow. As for the screen protector, I am not a fan of anti-glare ones. They make the screen look grainy and degrades picture quality (atleast that's what I experienced when I used them on Prime). Is that still the case?
The Following User Says Thank You to ajamils For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AspenMan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamils View Post
Will give covering the dock a try sometime tomorrow. As for the screen protector, I am not a fan of anti-glare ones. They make the screen look grainy and degrades picture quality (atleast that's what I experienced when I used them on Prime). Is that still the case?
It is a bit grainy looking, but I use this tablet outside a lot and it also makes any fingerprints much much less noticeable.
Technophile
Too many tablets/phones/watches/etc to list...

Lets waste some money, and have fun doing it....

Best OTG cable ever!

yaleman1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Asus TF700 Case

I ordered the TF700 case from caseen "SKINNY DESIGNO Black Hand Strap Stand Case for the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700", very nice case, looks excellent on my tablet!

qnfauf
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I have been using clear full body Skinomi Techskin on my iPhone 4S I bought as soon as it became available.

It is a great skin, and it definitely helps against drops (although you should go for a case if dropping is your main concern). The screen will less likely be damaged because even though it does not absorb shock it does strengthen the glass by a bit. And with this, you know that there will be no scratches.

One downside of it is that the adhesive is a bit weaker than some other films I've used. It starts to feel after a few months of use. You can, however, request lifetime warranty replacement for $2.95 (shipping charge) using a fax. They send the replacement very quickly, and I've done this twice so far.

Any bubbles that form under the film will disappear within a few days. Liquid bubbles disappear more quickly, so using a lot of liquid is fine as long as it does not damage the device. Unless there is a huge bubble, you don't need to try to hard to get rid of them.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

ajamils
Old
Thanks Meter 99
So I finally finished installing the brushed steel skin. I love the quality and fitment. There are some small pieces what could have been a little bigger to cover some for keyboard parts but overall its awesome. I also like the texture which makes it feel like it is actual brushed steel.

One suggestion for people who are planning to do this install, when installing pieces on the corners or smaller pieces, use hair drier on low setting to warm up the skin and the are and it will help a lot in skin sticking correctly.

P.S: Attached are some pics of T700 and the dock (TF201 dock).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1320.jpg
Views:	878
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	1252051   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1321.jpg
Views:	1211
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	1252052   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1322.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	1252055   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1323.jpg
Views:	767
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	1252056   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1325.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	1252059  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1326.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	1252061   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1328.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	1252062   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1331.jpg
Views:	753
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	1252063  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajamils For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Diogenes5
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Looks like a great product but my infinity has gotten heat issues a bunch of time before even with the aluminum backing. I'm afraid if I get this, the heat issues will get worse.

AspenMan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes5 View Post
Looks like a great product but my infinity has gotten heat issues a bunch of time before even with the aluminum backing. I'm afraid if I get this, the heat issues will get worse.
I'm not having any heat issues with mine, you may have a problem with yours... I wouldn't worry about the skin making any heat worse though.
Technophile
Too many tablets/phones/watches/etc to list...

Lets waste some money, and have fun doing it....

Best OTG cable ever!

ajamils
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes5 View Post
I have not seen any heat issue either.

DroidOWL
Old
Thanks Meter 10
it looks nice, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

xjarl
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Very nice!
Huawei Honor X1>OPPO Find 7A>OPPO Find 7>VIVO Xplay3s>Oneplus one?

Tags
infinity skin, skinomi, tf700 skin