Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 48,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do the 3 finger gestures work?

Tip us?

gdrocks
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Question How do the 3 finger gestures work?

Does it only work in certain apps? I've been trying to use these since I got the phone, and really want to know now that venomROM has custom gestures. Whenever I try a 3 finger swipe on the home screen it just takes me panel view. When I try in apps, it just seems to work as a normal 1 finger swipe.

The lack of info/videos on the web tell me I'm quite incompetent but hopefully you guys can still help me figure this out!

ronman1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdrocks View Post
Does it only work in certain apps? I've been trying to use these since I got the phone, and really want to know now that venomROM has custom gestures. Whenever I try a 3 finger swipe on the home screen it just takes me panel view. When I try in apps, it just seems to work as a normal 1 finger swipe.

The lack of info/videos on the web tell me I'm quite incompetent but hopefully you guys can still help me figure this out!
I think the 3 finger swipe is for the app that sends your phone screen to a monitor/TV. You need the medialink equipment to do that.

P.Mobile
Old
Thanks Meter 935
Quote:

whats venom rom??? u mean viper?

gdrocks
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Yes, yes i do.

kotaro-chan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yeah it also works normaly with dlna also when I use 3 finger slide on video but on custom roms it doesn't work for me . Can somebody help me?

TaintedByte
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 654
Just as an fyi, the HTC 3 finger swipe breaks multi touch so you might want to leave that disabled if it is important to you.

Sent from my Nexus 7

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏
Need help? First read the stickies, then search.

If someone helped you, click their thanks button!
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋
The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedByte For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rleonard55
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:

Not sure about venomROM but most of the ROM's I've tried that use custom swipe stuff breaks the media link bits

Tags
3 finger, gestures