FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[GUIDE]GT-S6102 Link Data & Dalvik-Cache Manually to SDExt2 via Root Explorer

109 posts
Thanks Meter: 114
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
4th August 2012, 08:36 AM |#21  
zare555's Avatar
Member
Flag Bekasi
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
when i tried to link instagram's data, there's already instagram's folder in sdext with different size, should i replace it?
 
 
4th August 2012, 09:19 AM |#22  
Kundal's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:

when i tried to link instagram's data, there's already instagram's folder in sdext with different size, should i replace it?

No, don't just overwrite the folder or you'll overwrite original files (libraries moved by Link2SD) with it's own links.
Easiest way to avoid this is to first move the /data/sdext2/data/[appname] folder back to /data/data to overwrite all links with their original files. Afterwards you can go on as described and move the folder back to sdext2.

@kaorukail: You should add this warning to the first post
Last edited by Kundal; 4th August 2012 at 09:23 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kundal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2012, 01:23 PM |#23  
kecrekchord's Avatar
Member
Flag Bogor
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
I've been replace my REX from TD 1502 REX but always force close??

Do u or any one have new REX??.. please share it.

Thx

Sent from my GT-S6102 using stockrom DXFL1 + iduos 1.3.1 kernel
4th August 2012, 01:32 PM |#24  
Deadly's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 3,996
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kecrekchord

I've been replace my REX from TD 1502 REX but always force close??

Do u or any one have new REX??.. please share it.

Thx

Sent from my GT-S6102 using stockrom DXFL1 + iduos 1.3.1 kernel

ok.. I will upload the one which works..

edit: here is the link..
http://www.mediafire.com/?bb3pz2grirqkvk9

hit thanks button, if it helps!
Sent from my GT-S6102
Last edited by Deadly; 4th August 2012 at 01:50 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deadly For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2012, 02:50 PM |#25  
zare555's Avatar
Member
Flag Bekasi
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kundal

No, don't just overwrite the folder or you'll overwrite original files (libraries moved by Link2SD) with it's own links.
Easiest way to avoid this is to first move the /data/sdext2/data/[appname] folder back to /data/data to overwrite all links with their original files. Afterwards you can go on as described and move the folder back to sdext2.

@kaorukail: You should add this warning to the first post

so, i have to overwrite data/data/instagram with folder from /data/sdext/data/instagram?
4th August 2012, 05:15 PM |#26  
kaorukail's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kundal

No, don't just overwrite the folder or you'll overwrite original files (libraries moved by Link2SD) with it's own links.
Easiest way to avoid this is to first move the /data/sdext2/data/[appname] folder back to /data/data to overwrite all links with their original files. Afterwards you can go on as described and move the folder back to sdext2.

@kaorukail: You should add this warning to the first post

Okay, I'll add it to first post,
Thanks for reminding!




Quote:
Originally Posted by zare555

so, i have to overwrite data/data/instagram with folder from /data/sdext/data/instagram?

The easiest way is to remove the link of lib files in Link2SD, then just copy the whole app data folder to /data/sdext2/data/ and create link just like the usual

Sent from my GT-S6102 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to kaorukail For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th August 2012, 02:09 AM |#27  
zare555's Avatar
Member
Flag Bekasi
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaorukail

Okay, I'll add it to first post,
Thanks for reminding!






The easiest way is to remove the link of lib files in Link2SD, then just copy the whole app data folder to /data/sdext2/data/ and create link just like the usual

Sent from my GT-S6102 using xda premium

okay i'll try and report soon
5th August 2012, 03:03 AM |#28  
Kundal's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Link2SD can't work correctly when the whole data folder of an App is linked and it tries to move a library to the lib Sub-folder.
It always throws an error when trying to use the Relink all Application Files function.
I could work around this issue by linking all Sub-folders separately but leaving the folder lib as it is to keep Link2SD working.
I did this successfully with all Apps moved by Link2SD. It's much more work if you do it with all Sub-folders so you may want to only move/link the bigger ones.
With Apps that aren't moved by Link2SD it shouldn't be a problem to link the whole data folders.

@kaorukail: You should add a description of this method to the first post if you can confirm the issue with Link2SD.

Edit: after I wrote this I saw you've edited the first post and recommend to configure Link2SD to never link data and remove existing data links before moving the whole folder.
Does this also prevent the issue with the "Relink all Application Files" function? It would be much easier than what I did.
Last edited by Kundal; 5th August 2012 at 03:37 AM.
5th August 2012, 04:29 AM |#29  
kaorukail's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kundal

Link2SD can't work correctly when the whole data folder of an App is linked and it tries to move a library to the lib Sub-folder.
It always throws an error when trying to use the Relink all Application Files function.
I could work around this issue by linking all Sub-folders separately but leaving the folder lib as it is to keep Link2SD working.
I did this successfully with all Apps moved by Link2SD. It's much more work if you do it with all Sub-folders so you may want to only move/link the bigger ones.
With Apps that aren't moved by Link2SD it shouldn't be a problem to link the whole data folders.

@kaorukail: You should add a description of this method to the first post if you can confirm the issue with Link2SD.

Edit: after I wrote this I saw you've edited the first post and recommend to configure Link2SD to never link data and remove existing data links before moving the whole folder.
Does this also prevent the issue with the "Relink all Application Files" function? It would be much easier than what I did.

As far as I know, if you relink all application files it doesn't relink all library files, so it should prevent that issue too
Also: you shouldn't link LIB files, not data links
Last edited by kaorukail; 5th August 2012 at 04:41 AM.
5th August 2012, 08:59 AM |#30  
Kundal's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaorukail

As far as I know, if you relink all application files it doesn't relink all library files, so it should prevent that issue too
Also: you shouldn't link LIB files, not data links

I never talked about LIB files. Link2SD can move SO files (libraries) placed in /data/data/[appname]/lib Sub-folders.
The issue occurred after I moved folders from /data/sdext2/data back to /data/data to overwrite the Link2SD links with their original targets and then moved the completed folders back to /data/sdext2/data and created links to the folders under /data/data.
Disabling "Move Application Libraries" in Link2SD afterwards didn't prevent the error message when trying to "Relink all Application files".

Maybe Link2Sd doesn't get confused when you remove all library links with Link2SD itself before you link all application data to clear these entries from its database. I'm quite sure this will work but for me it's not really confirmed at the moment.

However, after I went the more complicated way I described above the whole thing is working fine for me and saved about 20MB space.
Many thanks for your useful Guide.
Last edited by Kundal; 5th August 2012 at 09:21 AM.
5th August 2012, 05:46 PM |#31  
kaorukail's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kundal

I never talked about LIB files. Link2SD can move SO files (libraries) placed in /data/data/[appname]/lib Sub-folders.
The issue occurred after I moved folders from /data/sdext2/data back to /data/data to overwrite the Link2SD links with their original targets and then moved the completed folders back to /data/sdext2/data and created links to the folders under /data/data.
Disabling "Move Application Libraries" in Link2SD afterwards didn't prevent the error message when trying to "Relink all Application files".

Maybe Link2Sd doesn't get confused when you remove all library links with Link2SD itself before you link all application data to clear these entries from its database. I'm quite sure this will work but for me it's not really confirmed at the moment.

However, after I went the more complicated way I described above the whole thing is working fine for me and saved about 20MB space.
Many thanks for your useful Guide.

Yes, what you mean by SO files (libraries) is exactly what I mean by LIB (in short for libraries) files.
When you link application to your SDCard second partition, there is 3 option,
1. Link application file
2. Link dalvik-cache file
3. Link library files

As I mentioned in my first post, you should just link option 1 and 2, because if you use option 3 (Link library files)
you will get linked /data/data/[appname]/lib to your sdext2.
So if you haven't already linked library files via Link2SD, it should not have [appname] folder in your /data/sdext2/data folder..
This should solve the problem, if not, please inform me. Thanks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaorukail For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gt-s6102, link data to sdext2, link2sd, root explorer, sns account
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes