Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,356 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE]GT-S6102 Link Data & Dalvik-Cache Manually to SDExt2 via Root Explorer

Tip us?

zare555
Old
Thanks Meter 1
when i tried to link instagram's data, there's already instagram's folder in sdext with different size, should i replace it?

Kundal
Old
(Last edited by Kundal; 4th August 2012 at 09:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
when i tried to link instagram's data, there's already instagram's folder in sdext with different size, should i replace it?
No, don't just overwrite the folder or you'll overwrite original files (libraries moved by Link2SD) with it's own links.
Easiest way to avoid this is to first move the /data/sdext2/data/[appname] folder back to /data/data to overwrite all links with their original files. Afterwards you can go on as described and move the folder back to sdext2.

@kaorukail: You should add this warning to the first post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kundal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kecrekchord
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I've been replace my REX from TD 1502 REX but always force close??

Do u or any one have new REX??.. please share it.

Thx

Sent from my GT-S6102 using stockrom DXFL1 + iduos 1.3.1 kernel

Deadly
Old
(Last edited by Deadly; 4th August 2012 at 01:50 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,907

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kecrekchord View Post
I've been replace my REX from TD 1502 REX but always force close??

Do u or any one have new REX??.. please share it.

Thx

Sent from my GT-S6102 using stockrom DXFL1 + iduos 1.3.1 kernel
ok.. I will upload the one which works..

edit: here is the link..
http://www.mediafire.com/?bb3pz2grirqkvk9

hit thanks button, if it helps!
Sent from my GT-S6102
"Thanks button is just to avoid "thanks" posts in threads. Nothing more than that. Don't ask in signature or post for it and defeat the purpose why it was introduced"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deadly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zare555
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kundal View Post
No, don't just overwrite the folder or you'll overwrite original files (libraries moved by Link2SD) with it's own links.
Easiest way to avoid this is to first move the /data/sdext2/data/[appname] folder back to /data/data to overwrite all links with their original files. Afterwards you can go on as described and move the folder back to sdext2.

so, i have to overwrite data/data/instagram with folder from /data/sdext/data/instagram?

kaorukail
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:

Okay, I'll add it to first post,
Thanks for reminding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zare555 View Post
so, i have to overwrite data/data/instagram with folder from /data/sdext/data/instagram?
The easiest way is to remove the link of lib files in Link2SD, then just copy the whole app data folder to /data/sdext2/data/ and create link just like the usual

Sent from my GT-S6102 using xda premium
Click thanks if I helped you

Android user, Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102
Current ROM : GingerIceJelly v2.0.RC2
Current Kernel : Compact Kernel /special build - Compact@nitubhaskar #4
Current Baseband : S6102DXLF1

follow my twitter : @AntaresTerry

See My Post :

The Following User Says Thank You to kaorukail For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zare555
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaorukail View Post
Okay, I'll add it to first post,
Thanks for reminding!

The easiest way is to remove the link of lib files in Link2SD, then just copy the whole app data folder to /data/sdext2/data/ and create link just like the usual

Sent from my GT-S6102 using xda premium
okay i'll try and report soon

Kundal
Old
(Last edited by Kundal; 5th August 2012 at 03:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 47
Link2SD can't work correctly when the whole data folder of an App is linked and it tries to move a library to the lib Sub-folder.
It always throws an error when trying to use the Relink all Application Files function.
I could work around this issue by linking all Sub-folders separately but leaving the folder lib as it is to keep Link2SD working.
I did this successfully with all Apps moved by Link2SD. It's much more work if you do it with all Sub-folders so you may want to only move/link the bigger ones.
With Apps that aren't moved by Link2SD it shouldn't be a problem to link the whole data folders.

@kaorukail: You should add a description of this method to the first post if you can confirm the issue with Link2SD.

Edit: after I wrote this I saw you've edited the first post and recommend to configure Link2SD to never link data and remove existing data links before moving the whole folder.
Does this also prevent the issue with the "Relink all Application Files" function? It would be much easier than what I did.

kaorukail
Old
(Last edited by kaorukail; 5th August 2012 at 04:41 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Link2SD can't work correctly when the whole data folder of an App is linked and it tries to move a library to the lib Sub-folder.
It always throws an error when trying to use the Relink all Application Files function.
I could work around this issue by linking all Sub-folders separately but leaving the folder lib as it is to keep Link2SD working.
I did this successfully with all Apps moved by Link2SD. It's much more work if you do it with all Sub-folders so you may want to only move/link the bigger ones.
With Apps that aren't moved by Link2SD it shouldn't be a problem to link the whole data folders.

@kaorukail: You should add a description of this method to the first post if you can confirm the issue with Link2SD.

Edit: after I wrote this I saw you've edited the first post and recommend to configure Link2SD to never link data and remove existing data links before moving the whole folder.
Does this also prevent the issue with the "Relink all Application Files" function? It would be much easier than what I did.
As far as I know, if you relink all application files it doesn't relink all library files, so it should prevent that issue too
Also: you shouldn't link LIB files, not data links
Click thanks if I helped you

Android user, Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102
Current ROM : GingerIceJelly v2.0.RC2
Current Kernel : Compact Kernel /special build - Compact@nitubhaskar #4
Current Baseband : S6102DXLF1

follow my twitter : @AntaresTerry

See My Post :

Kundal
Old
(Last edited by Kundal; 5th August 2012 at 09:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaorukail View Post
As far as I know, if you relink all application files it doesn't relink all library files, so it should prevent that issue too
Also: you shouldn't link LIB files, not data links
I never talked about LIB files. Link2SD can move SO files (libraries) placed in /data/data/[appname]/lib Sub-folders.
The issue occurred after I moved folders from /data/sdext2/data back to /data/data to overwrite the Link2SD links with their original targets and then moved the completed folders back to /data/sdext2/data and created links to the folders under /data/data.
Disabling "Move Application Libraries" in Link2SD afterwards didn't prevent the error message when trying to "Relink all Application files".

Maybe Link2Sd doesn't get confused when you remove all library links with Link2SD itself before you link all application data to clear these entries from its database. I'm quite sure this will work but for me it's not really confirmed at the moment.

However, after I went the more complicated way I described above the whole thing is working fine for me and saved about 20MB space.
Many thanks for your useful Guide.

Tags
gt-s6102, link data to sdext2, link2sd, root explorer, sns account