Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 44,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOLKIT] SKIPSOFT ANDROID TOOLKIT - NEXUS 7 V6.1.2 - Drivers, Root, Recovery + MORE

Tip us?

nava88
Old
Thanks Meter 1
tonight my nexus 7 show me the OTA when Im trying to install and reboot into recovery I see that i have CWM installed so the install fails, I reboot again in 4.1.2 and install the properly stock recovery but now the OTA dont appear for me. Can anyone help me?

b3n_
Old
(Last edited by b3n_; 15th November 2012 at 10:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I have downloaded the 4.2 update zip and installed the update using CWM. As expected I lost root and CWM in the process. Then I used the toolkit (3.8.2) to re-root and install CWM. The problem I'm having now is:

1. Root does not seem to work, apps like Titanium Backup do not get root and when trying Root Checker it says the device is not properly rooted.

2. When trying to boot into recovery, I'm getting the Android with the red triangle.

The device still starts up fine. My question now is how do I fix the recovery and how do I get the N7 rooted properly?

[EDIT]
I've flashed the CWM-SuperSU file from here using the temporary flashed CWM. Now I have full root. The recovery is still giving me the red triangle though.

Thanks for your help..

Savok
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3n_ View Post
I have downloaded the 4.2 update zip and installed the update using CWM. As expected I lost root and CWM in the process. Then I used the toolkit (3.8.2) to re-root and install CWM. The problem I'm having now is:

1. Root does not seem to work, apps like Titanium Backup do not get root and when trying Root Checker it says the device is not properly rooted.

2. When trying to boot into recovery, I'm getting the Android with the red triangle.

The device still starts up fine. My question now is how do I fix the recovery and how do I get the N7 rooted properly?

[EDIT]
I've flashed the CWM-SuperSU file from here using the temporary flashed CWM. Now I have full root. The recovery is still giving me the red triangle though.

Thanks for your help..
I had the same issue and had to downgrade the boot loader to version 3.34 to be able to flash CWM sucessfully.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
Device: AT&T Samsung Note II ROM: Stock 4.3
If you make something idiot proof someone will come up with a better idiot.

Datron
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3n_ View Post

[EDIT]

Thanks for your help..
I did a full, new install of android 4.2 then 1-clicked my way to freedom. Yes, I lost everything in the process but it was time for a good cleanup anyways.

Unclefest v2 alive and kicking - support SeanZ!

b3n_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok View Post
I had the same issue and had to downgrade the boot loader to version 3.34 to be able to flash CWM sucessfully.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
I fixed it by flashing CWM but then instead of rebooting into Android going into recovery. In CWM I disabled the "stock recovery on boot flash" and it works fine now. Booting into Android and using Quickboot to get back into recovery works perfectly fine now without changing the boot loader.

nava88
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nava88 View Post
tonight my nexus 7 show me the OTA when Im trying to install and reboot into recovery I see that i have CWM installed so the install fails, I reboot again in 4.1.2 and install the properly stock recovery but now the OTA dont appear for me. Can anyone help me?
Now I have the stock recovery and the OTA appear for me but when I try to install the n7 reboot normally but the android Droid appears with a red trinagle I cant upgrade. Anyone know which problem I have?? I only have root and 720p trick.

Rody2k6
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Now I have the stock recovery and the OTA appear for me but when I try to install the n7 reboot normally but the android Droid appears with a red trinagle I cant upgrade. Anyone know which problem I have?? I only have root and 720p trick.
I have exactly the same problem, what I did was, use the toolking and installed CWM and then TWRP but when I chose to install zip, I always got an error both on CWM and TWRP and therefore was not able to update to 4.2

slyd0997
Old
Thanks Meter 117
This unlocks 4.2 also, right?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade without further introduction." - Mark Twain

edbertin
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
You need to have your N7, fully stock, i tried too but always have a error related to check in one of apk's in /system/app. You need to have media profile without mod, no CWM installed, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody2k6 View Post
I have exactly the same problem, what I did was, use the toolking and installed CWM and then TWRP but when I chose to install zip, I always got an error both on CWM and TWRP and therefore was not able to update to 4.2
I gave up to figure out what could be the issue when i tried to use OTA file liking you 2 are trying so i move on and flashed the factory image, I lose everything but now I have 4.2 running with root and busy box working using toolkit 3.2.0

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

nava88
Old
(Last edited by nava88; 15th November 2012 at 02:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbertin View Post
You need to have your N7, fully stock, i tried too but always have a error related to check in one of apk's in /system/app. You need to have media profile without mod, no CWM installed, etc

I gave up to figure out what could be the issue when i tried to use OTA file liking you 2 are trying so i move on and flashed the factory image, I lose everything but now I have 4.2 running with root and busy box working using toolkit 3.2.0

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe I uninstall G+ Apk so how can solve my problems to get a clean update to 4.2? thanks for your answer!

Edit:

Heeelp Now I cant install nothing in playStore show a error message with the server!!
PROBLEM SOLVED But I cant install the OTA