Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[TOOLKIT] SKIPSOFT ANDROID TOOLKIT - NEXUS 7 V6.1.2 - Drivers, Root, Recovery + MORE

OP mskip

25th February 2013, 10:31 AM   |  #1761  
Thanks Meter: 1

87 posts
Hi, with the recently appear of Ubuntu I want to try it.

Its possible that i run a custom recovery without flashing it and with that recovery install ubuntu?

Can some one help me?

Thanks in advance!!
25th February 2013, 04:10 PM   |  #1762  
Thanks Meter: 4

184 posts
Sorry, I've been searching the thread but it is still not clear to me....I totally forgot I would have lost the root after OTA 4.2.2. Anyway I did the update, now i'm obviously without root. My original root was made with this kit. Will the kit now root also 4.2.2? I manually updated overwriting the old files, but the 4.2.2 build JDQ39 is not in the list. Also, in the list there is no 4.2.2 at all. What am I missing ?
25th February 2013, 04:22 PM   |  #1763  
Flag Kingsbury, TX
Thanks Meter: 12

315 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Google Nexus 7 TOOLKIT V4.0.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash + MUCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermorse

Sorry, I've been searching the thread but it is still not clear to me....I totally forgot I would have lost the root after OTA 4.2.2. Anyway I did the update, now i'm obviously without root. My original root was made with this kit. Will the kit now root also 4.2.2? I manually updated overwriting the old files, but the 4.2.2 build JDQ39 is not in the list. Also, in the list there is no 4.2.2 at all. What am I missing ?

The way I rooted my 4.2.2 update was using the root method for 4.2.1 but you need to manually put the device in fastboot mode and it will work. It will just hang on waiting for device if you don't do it before turning on the program.

sent from a device using an app
The Following User Says Thank You to joeclark For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 04:38 PM   |  #1764  
Thanks Meter: 4

184 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclark

The way I rooted my 4.2.2 update was using the root method for 4.2.1 but you need to manually put the device in fastboot mode and it will work. It will just hang on waiting for device if you don't do it before turning on the program.

Thank you. It worked. I didn't have to manually put in fastboot. I did everything like I did for 4.2.1...only thing I know, is that now I have root and 5 minutes ago I didn't.....

How do I send an offer to the OP? Is there only one way? Is any offer accepted? I'll check on his blog which methods are the best for me.

BTW I am still trying to figure out how to have an interactive screencast....I always get a noisy screen of white and pink pixels. I had opened a thread and had no answer. If someone wants to help me, pls PM me.
25th February 2013, 06:13 PM   |  #1765  
Thanks Meter: 31

389 posts
Hi guys. I want to know how to use this to root 4.2.2. Someone said I have to put the new fast boot and add in the root kit folder or something. But I'm not sure what those are referring to and where I go to get them. Sorry I'm a noob.
25th February 2013, 09:48 PM   |  #1766  
Thanks Meter: 374

527 posts
Downloaded for Fastboot.
Thanks a bunch, dk if i like clockwork mod but i needed to update my recovery

Any chance of getting a recovery that lets us mount usb at some point? been a while and still nada
26th February 2013, 12:17 AM   |  #1767  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 13

90 posts
More
Re: [Google Nexus 7 TOOLKIT V4.0.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash + MUCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2Q

Hi guys. I want to know how to use this to root 4.2.2. Someone said I have to put the new fast boot and add in the root kit folder or something. But I'm not sure what those are referring to and where I go to get them. Sorry I'm a noob.

Folks, there is no difference in the rooting procedure if you have the latest toolkit.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE LATEST TOOLKIT OR IT WILL NOT WORK

Buy nexus 7
Power on tablet
Go through setup (dont restore/backup from google)
Let it update to 4.2.2 if not already
Settings-about-tap 'build' 7 times to unlock developement settings
Development settings- enable USB DEBUGGING - connect usb cable to computer and nexus- now WATCH THE NEXUS SCREEN! in 4.2.2 and above it will ask SEVERAL times for permission to enter debug mode.
After youre sure you are in debug mode, right click toolkit and 'run as administrator'... Your device should be found at the top of the toolkit now under ADB Mode Serial...
Root tablet as you normally would and DONATE TO HIM FOR MAKING THIS NOOB-FRIENDLY TABLET.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droid8Apple For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2013, 05:37 PM   |  #1768  
Thanks Meter: 30

645 posts
i wanna make sure that what i do is corect..
right now my nexus 7 has been 4.2.2 after autoupdate and i want to root and unlock this..

so basicly i have to do like NOTE1 in post one right??
and i wanna ask
1. if choose toolkit action no 8 (1-CLICK FOR ALL) -> after it finish, i can flash custom rom right?
2. if i'm right now already root and unlock (but still stock rom), if google have new update and i do update again, root and unlock will still remain?

thank you..sorry for become newbie in nexus 7
27th February 2013, 05:41 AM   |  #1769  
Flag Modesto, Cali
Thanks Meter: 1,345

6,304 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryomakun

i wanna make sure that what i do is corect..
right now my nexus 7 has been 4.2.2 after autoupdate and i want to root and unlock this..

so basicly i have to do like NOTE1 in post one right??
and i wanna ask
1. if choose toolkit action no 8 (1-CLICK FOR ALL) -> after it finish, i can flash custom rom right?
2. if i'm right now already root and unlock (but still stock rom), if google have new update and i do update again, root and unlock will still remain?

thank you..sorry for become newbie in nexus 7

My experience with android, you lose root and unlock when you do OTA updates, could be wrong though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
27th February 2013, 07:06 AM   |  #1770  
Thanks Meter: 32

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopDoGG79

My experience with android, you lose root and unlock when you do OTA updates, could be wrong though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

You lose root but it stays unlocked after an OTA update. You can use OTA Rootkeeper to re-root if you have done a save before the update.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread