Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 51,984 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOLKIT] SKIPSOFT ANDROID TOOLKIT - NEXUS 7 V6.1.2 - Drivers, Root, Recovery + MORE

Tip us?
 
nava88
Old
#1761  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 87
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hi, with the recently appear of Ubuntu I want to try it.

Its possible that i run a custom recovery without flashing it and with that recovery install ubuntu?

Can some one help me?

Thanks in advance!!
 
rogermorse
Old
#1762  
rogermorse's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 184
Join Date: Aug 2009
Sorry, I've been searching the thread but it is still not clear to me....I totally forgot I would have lost the root after OTA 4.2.2. Anyway I did the update, now i'm obviously without root. My original root was made with this kit. Will the kit now root also 4.2.2? I manually updated overwriting the old files, but the 4.2.2 build JDQ39 is not in the list. Also, in the list there is no 4.2.2 at all. What am I missing ?
 
joeclark
Old
#1763  
joeclark's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 298
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kingsbury, TX

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Google Nexus 7 TOOLKIT V4.0.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash + MUCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermorse View Post
Sorry, I've been searching the thread but it is still not clear to me....I totally forgot I would have lost the root after OTA 4.2.2. Anyway I did the update, now i'm obviously without root. My original root was made with this kit. Will the kit now root also 4.2.2? I manually updated overwriting the old files, but the 4.2.2 build JDQ39 is not in the list. Also, in the list there is no 4.2.2 at all. What am I missing ?
The way I rooted my 4.2.2 update was using the root method for 4.2.1 but you need to manually put the device in fastboot mode and it will work. It will just hang on waiting for device if you don't do it before turning on the program.

sent from a device using an app
Joe Clark

Current Devices:
Galaxy SIII - Stock/Rooted/4.1.1
Nexus 7 - Stock/Rooted/Unlocked 4.2.2

Wife: Samsung Galaxy Note
Oldest Daughter: Samsung Galaxy Exhilarate
Oldest Son: Dell Streak 7 4G (does not have a smart phone any more)
Youngest Daughter: SII Skyrocket / Dell Streak 7 4G
Youngest Son: he is only 10
The Following User Says Thank You to joeclark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rogermorse
Old
#1764  
rogermorse's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 184
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclark View Post
The way I rooted my 4.2.2 update was using the root method for 4.2.1 but you need to manually put the device in fastboot mode and it will work. It will just hang on waiting for device if you don't do it before turning on the program.
Thank you. It worked. I didn't have to manually put in fastboot. I did everything like I did for 4.2.1...only thing I know, is that now I have root and 5 minutes ago I didn't.....

How do I send an offer to the OP? Is there only one way? Is any offer accepted? I'll check on his blog which methods are the best for me.

BTW I am still trying to figure out how to have an interactive screencast....I always get a noisy screen of white and pink pixels. I had opened a thread and had no answer. If someone wants to help me, pls PM me.
 
C2Q
Old
#1765  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 327
Join Date: Dec 2011
Hi guys. I want to know how to use this to root 4.2.2. Someone said I have to put the new fast boot and add in the root kit folder or something. But I'm not sure what those are referring to and where I go to get them. Sorry I'm a noob.
 
igotlostintampa
Old
#1766  
igotlostintampa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 370
Posts: 515
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default Downloaded for Fastboot.

Thanks a bunch, dk if i like clockwork mod but i needed to update my recovery

Any chance of getting a recovery that lets us mount usb at some point? been a while and still nada
Q/A SENSE 5 FAQ THREAD HERE http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2205276 HAS BEEN ADJUSTED TO DISPLAY THE LATEST REVISIONS FLASHABLE DOWNLOAD LINKS ON TOP OF THE THREAD. THX @ -ViperBoy-. DO NOT POST IN THE DEV THREAD BEFORE CHECKING BOTH Q/A and GENERAL. EVEN TO GIVE PRAISE. THEY ARE AWESOME. THEY KNOW THAT. IF YOU WANT TO TELL THEM TELL THEM IN GENERAL, OR ON THE Q/A THREAD. Thanks a bunch guys
 
Droid8Apple
Old
#1767  
Droid8Apple's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 89
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Default Re: [Google Nexus 7 TOOLKIT V4.0.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash + MUCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2Q View Post
Hi guys. I want to know how to use this to root 4.2.2. Someone said I have to put the new fast boot and add in the root kit folder or something. But I'm not sure what those are referring to and where I go to get them. Sorry I'm a noob.
Folks, there is no difference in the rooting procedure if you have the latest toolkit.


MAKE SURE YOU HAVE LATEST TOOLKIT OR IT WILL NOT WORK

Buy nexus 7
Power on tablet
Go through setup (dont restore/backup from google)
Let it update to 4.2.2 if not already
Settings-about-tap 'build' 7 times to unlock developement settings
Development settings- enable USB DEBUGGING - connect usb cable to computer and nexus- now WATCH THE NEXUS SCREEN! in 4.2.2 and above it will ask SEVERAL times for permission to enter debug mode.
After youre sure you are in debug mode, right click toolkit and 'run as administrator'... Your device should be found at the top of the toolkit now under ADB Mode Serial...
Root tablet as you normally would and DONATE TO HIM FOR MAKING THIS NOOB-FRIENDLY TABLET.



Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

PHONES: Galaxy S2 T989 | Captivate Glide
eVo 4G | Captivate | Nexus S 4G
TABLET: Nexus 7 32gb WiFi
ROMS: JMT, CM, AOKP
KERNEL: JMT, Cerux, Franco, Savaged Zen
RECOVERY: TWRP Latest
THEME: Lucid

|_::My Mission Statement::_|
Quote:
* I WILL SEARCH for any question I have before posting
* I WILL NOT read 100+ pages of useless idiot comments like "flashing now" "great work" "so fast" "my market doesn't work" to find what I'm looking for.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droid8Apple For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ryomakun
Old
#1768  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 635
Join Date: Sep 2011
i wanna make sure that what i do is corect..
right now my nexus 7 has been 4.2.2 after autoupdate and i want to root and unlock this..

so basicly i have to do like NOTE1 in post one right??
and i wanna ask
1. if choose toolkit action no 8 (1-CLICK FOR ALL) -> after it finish, i can flash custom rom right?
2. if i'm right now already root and unlock (but still stock rom), if google have new update and i do update again, root and unlock will still remain?

thank you..sorry for become newbie in nexus 7
 
LoopDoGG79
Old
#1769  
LoopDoGG79's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1345
Posts: 6,305
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Modesto, Cali
Default Re: [Google Nexus 7 TOOLKIT V4.0.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash + MUCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryomakun View Post
i wanna make sure that what i do is corect..
right now my nexus 7 has been 4.2.2 after autoupdate and i want to root and unlock this..

so basicly i have to do like NOTE1 in post one right??
and i wanna ask
1. if choose toolkit action no 8 (1-CLICK FOR ALL) -> after it finish, i can flash custom rom right?
2. if i'm right now already root and unlock (but still stock rom), if google have new update and i do update again, root and unlock will still remain?

thank you..sorry for become newbie in nexus 7
My experience with android, you lose root and unlock when you do OTA updates, could be wrong though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
MY SIG

 
Phone SM-N900T
Rom STOCK
Baseband version UVUCNB
Recovery STOCK
Kernel STOCK



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other devices:
Nexus 7 Flo (On CleanRom 2.6! )
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S3
 
devra1
Old
#1770  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 24
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopDoGG79 View Post
My experience with android, you lose root and unlock when you do OTA updates, could be wrong though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
You lose root but it stays unlocked after an OTA update. You can use OTA Rootkeeper to re-root if you have done a save before the update.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes