5,600,335 Members 35,216 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOLKIT] SKIPSOFT ANDROID TOOLKIT - NEXUS 7 V6.1.2 - Drivers, Root, Recovery + MORE

Tip us?
 
mskip
Old
#11  
mskip's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13423
Posts: 11,157
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Norfolk

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROlific666 View Post
You may want to add this as step one if more people have this same problem. I was having a problem where I wasn't able to flash any recovery at all. You can one time boot into a recovery but it wouldn't flash. Since I had already renamed the original one and it had failed to flash CWM it just hung up at the google screen. After about a hour of trying.( uninstalling drivers, trying a different computer) I found this and it fixed it. If this turns out to be a widespread issue this is a pretty easy fix.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Browse to your SDK directory and futher into <SDK>\extras\google\usb_driver
Open android_winusb.inf in your favorite text editor.

Find the appropriate section Google.NTx86 if your on 32bit or Google.NTamd64 if your on 64bit (doesnt matter that your using intel chip). Now find the ";Google Nexus 7" line inside that section and you'll see a series of settings below. Add the following lines at the end of that block.

Code:
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E44&MI_01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_D001
These are the identifiers for the Nexus 7 recovery and bootloader usb connections.

(Source- Napalm2) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1794203
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the info.

In the driver pack made by 1wayjonny (and the one used in the ToolKit) the first line is already included in the google nexus 7 section the inf. The second line is in the section for the samsung galaxy nexus.

Did you install your drivers through the ToolKit or via another method? Im just not sure if the second line can be added to the google nexus 7 section in the inf file which would mean both are included when drivers are installed.

The source you posted doesnt lead anywhere can you post where you found the info and if its good I can just add that extra line to install the driver.

Mark.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kendallc123
Old
#12  
kendallc123's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 578
Posts: 663
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lufkin, Texas
This is great! This is the only method that worked for me. I would lose root and stuff doing it any other way. Thanks for this!
 
rsxtypes72
Old
#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 223
Join Date: Mar 2009
Excellent I was wondering when you would show up on the N7 forum. Great work. Gonna unroot just to try it out. LOL
Great work as always!

GOODBYE T-Mo
Hello Verizon LTE

Rocking the Samsung
Galaxy Nexus 32 GB w/ AOSP JRO03L compiled by me

Nexus 7 16 GB w/ AOSP JRO03L compiled by me
JRO03L Nexus 7

(retired)
HTC G2

Dropbox

 
mskip
Old
#14  
mskip's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13423
Posts: 11,157
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Norfolk

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsxtypes72 View Post
Excellent I was wondering when you would show up on the N7 forum. Great work. Gonna unroot just to try it out. LOL
Great work as always!
HAHA well give it a good test I need to know everything works

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Semantics
Old
(Last edited by Semantics; 2nd August 2012 at 08:21 PM.)
#15  
Semantics's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 371
Posts: 1,091
Join Date: Nov 2009
I haven't even used this yet, but I wanted to donate for your work.

Confirmation number: 5M0683778X2063948

Is there any way to use TWRP instead of CWM for recovery? Or would that have to be changed after the fact?

Edit: Yes, there is! Option is available during the install process.
 
jezebabe
Old
#16  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 58
Join Date: Feb 2011
Great work! Thanks very much.

I will give it a try and if all OK will donate.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
 
PROlific666
Old
(Last edited by PROlific666; 2nd August 2012 at 09:25 PM.)
#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 151
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Crestview
I used the toolkit first and when I had tried everything I could think of I uninstalled the drivers and tried the manual method. I thought it may have been some interference caused by my Gnex since my tablet was showing up as a Samsung phone in the device manager so I switched to my other laptop installed the kit and used the install method included in the kit. When that didn't work I went to the Asus website and downloaded then drivers directly from there and still no luck. I found that post after almost giving up for the night and after I changed the line ( I only added the bottom one bc the other was already there) the recovery finally stuck.

I sent a pm to the op to see where he got the info I will post when he gets back to me.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
 
jonnyg1097
Old
#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 118
Posts: 1,425
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
I was hoping you would show up with a tool kit like this for the N7! I have been using your toolkit for the Galaxy Nexus with great success and just had great success with yours on the N7

 
mskip
Old
#19  
mskip's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13423
Posts: 11,157
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Norfolk

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROlific666 View Post
I used the toolkit first and when I had tried everything I could think of I uninstalled the drivers and tried the manual method. I thought it may have been some interference caused by my Gnex since my tablet was showing up as a Samsung phone in the device manager so I switched to my other laptop installed the kit and used the install method included in the kit. When that didn't work I went to the Asus website and downloaded then drivers directly from there and still no luck. I found that post after almost giving up for the night and after I changed the line ( I only added the bottom one bc the other was already there) the recovery finally stuck.

I sent a pm to the op to see where he got the info I will post when he gets back to me.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
It could be implemented just as easily into the ToolKit's drivers from 1wayjonny by just adding the bottom line into the Nexus7 section. That line is already in the Galaxy Nexus section but it wouldnt do any harm adding it to another section if the driver is required as you said.

Im tempted to just add it anyway lol.

Mark.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Semantics
Old
#20  
Semantics's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 371
Posts: 1,091
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
It could be implemented just as easily into the ToolKit's drivers from 1wayjonny by just adding the bottom line into the Nexus7 section. That line is already in the Galaxy Nexus section but it wouldnt do any harm adding it to another section if the driver is required as you said.

Im tempted to just add it anyway lol.

Mark.
Worked a treat! My recovery is there when I reboot to recovery using Quick Reboot from the market. I did not have to add anything further to get the recovery to stick. Thanks very much for your work, and enjoy the pint I bought ya.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes