Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 38,644 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOLKIT] SKIPSOFT ANDROID TOOLKIT - NEXUS 7 V6.1.2 - Drivers, Root, Recovery + MORE

Tip us?
 
PROlific666
Old
#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 151
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Crestview
Yeah thats weird idk why mine wouldn't work on either of my computers but I wasn't using quick reboot. Can you try get into cwm from the fastboot menu and see if it works? I would like to see if its a widespread issue. I would say wait to add the line until you know it is widespread issue but if it won't hurt anything then what the hell...if you haven't already.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
 
bbc0
Old
#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 172
Join Date: Nov 2011
I have been through the setup but when I try to get into TWRP from the fast boot screen the screen goes black and says Google on it and displays an unlocked lock. I have tried this a couple of times but I can't get into TWRP. I also tried CWM and got the same thing. I scan through the options using the volume button then press the power button to select recovery.
I must be doing something wrong but can't figure out what it could be. I dont really know what I am doing with this but I downloaded root checker and it says my 7 is rooted okay.
Hope someone can help me.
Thanks.
BBC0
 
AFAinHD
Old
#23  
AFAinHD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 527
Posts: 781
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fenton, Missouri

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc0 View Post
I have been through the setup but when I try to get into TWRP from the fast boot screen the screen goes black and says Google on it and displays an unlocked lock. I have tried this a couple of times but I can't get into TWRP. I also tried CWM and got the same thing. I scan through the options using the volume button then press the power button to select recovery.
I must be doing something wrong but can't figure out what it could be. I dont really know what I am doing with this but I downloaded root checker and it says my 7 is rooted okay.
Hope someone can help me.
Thanks.
BBC0
You can't get into recovery through the bootloader you will have to download an app like quick unlock through google play to boot into recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
Graphics Designer for the SickleSoftware dev team.


I made beautiful boot animations for the Nexus 7 before it was cool.
Want to know how to make your own bootanimation? Check out my noob-friendly guide! Here.
My goo.im repo - here.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AFAinHD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
EldonP
Old
(Last edited by EldonP; 3rd August 2012 at 05:37 AM.) Reason: After posting I see bbc0 had the same problem and AFAinHD solved it... maybe
#24  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 47
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default No recovery

deleted while I try AFAinHD's solution
 
Napalm2
Old
#25  
Napalm2's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 12
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
Thanks for the info.

In the driver pack made by 1wayjonny (and the one used in the ToolKit) the first line is already included in the google nexus 7 section the inf. The second line is in the section for the samsung galaxy nexus.

Did you install your drivers through the ToolKit or via another method? Im just not sure if the second line can be added to the google nexus 7 section in the inf file which would mean both are included when drivers are installed.

The source you posted doesnt lead anywhere can you post where you found the info and if its good I can just add that extra line to install the driver.

Mark.
The link was suppose to link to my thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1794203
I've just posted to my thread with details of the VID/PID pairs, you can find more information there.


Napalm
 
mskip
Old
#26  
mskip's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13,709
Posts: 11,162
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Norfolk

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm2 View Post
The link was suppose to link to my thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1794203
I've just posted to my thread with details of the VID/PID pairs, you can find more information there.


Napalm
Thanks I will look into it

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
PROlific666
Old
#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 151
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Crestview
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc0 View Post
I have been through the setup but when I try to get into TWRP from the fast boot screen the screen goes black and says Google on it and displays an unlocked lock. I have tried this a couple of times but I can't get into TWRP. I also tried CWM and got the same thing. I scan through the options using the volume button then press the power button to select recovery.
I must be doing something wrong but can't figure out what it could be. I dont really know what I am doing with this but I downloaded root checker and it says my 7 is rooted okay.
Hope someone can help me.
Thanks.
BBC0
Lol yeah that is the same problem I had... nerve racking for sure. If you want to be able to access recovery from the bootloader the fix that worked for me is on my post on page 1.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
 
crestj
Old
#28  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jun 2009
So if you've rooted your Nexus 7 using this method but don't have the CWM recovery option when booting up, how can you add it without wiping the device again?
 
mskip
Old
#29  
mskip's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13,709
Posts: 11,162
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Norfolk

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestj View Post
So if you've rooted your Nexus 7 using this method but don't have the CWM recovery option when booting up, how can you add it without wiping the device again?
You havent flashed it or have flashed it and its not working?

you can flash or boot cwm recovery via the ToolKit without having to do anything else.

Mark.
 
bbc0
Old
#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 172
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFAinHD View Post
You can't get into recovery through the bootloader you will have to download an app like quick unlock through google play to boot into recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
Thanks for the reply.
Just wondering why I can get into TWRP on my KF just using the power button, but I need an app to do the same on the N7? I tried your suggestion and it does work well, but why the difference?
Thanks again.
BBC0

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes