Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 49,261 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fixing and/or Reuploading Music to Google's Music Manager

Tip us?

espionage724
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 506

DONATE TO ME
Default Fixing and/or Reuploading Music to Google's Music Manager

So, recently I heard about Google's Music Cloud thing where you can store 20,000 songs for free apparently. I was interested in this, so I decided to upload my songs to it.

I then decided I wanted to fix up my music collection, so I renamed all my music properly (artist - song (mix)). But then I realized, that the mp3 tags were either non-existent, or still messed up as well.

I have foobar2000 installed, and I was able to wipe out old tag data I didn't want, and then automatically enter then artist and song names in the right tag spots based on filename, so I did this.

So after reuploading my music, I found out that I made a few minor mistakes, and wanted to reupload the entire collection again, but Music Manager doesn't allow you to reupload previously uploaded music, even if you delete it from your music storage.

A fix for this was to rebuild mp3 tags from foobar2000 as well, which then modified every music file (but doesn't actually change the quality of audio or anything), and thus, made them all appear "different" to Music Manager, allowing me to reupload them.

And for a short summary:
- foobar2000 can properly fix music tags based on filename
- foobar2000 can rebuild mp3 tags
- Google's Music Manager lets you upload 20k songs for free (certain restrictions on certain filetypes and protected media)

Maybe someone might find this interesting

Device Ownership:

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to espionage724 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MDGM
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks
Tags
cloud, foobar2000, google, music, play