Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 48,061 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port - Help me fix Code 10 problem

Tip us?

johnnysnavely
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port - Help me fix Code 10 problem

PLEASE! I need to load a new ROM into my MT6575 phone using Smart Phone Flash tool.

I've installed the Mediatek drivers on 4 different computers in my house (Vista, Window 7, Windows 7 64bit, Windows 8) and I cant get ANY of them to work!!

When I look under Ports (COM and LPT) in Device Manager, I ALWAYS get: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

WHAT is going on!! I've wasted so much time with this problem.

Bystander11
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnysnavely View Post
PLEASE! I need to load a new ROM into my MT6575 phone using Smart Phone Flash tool.

I've installed the Mediatek drivers on 4 different computers in my house (Vista, Window 7, Windows 7 64bit, Windows 8) and I cant get ANY of them to work!!

When I look under Ports (COM and LPT) in Device Manager, I ALWAYS get: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

your not the only one with this problem i have it too with same mt6575 someone help please

ronbo76
Old
(Last edited by ronbo76; 2nd August 2012 at 07:04 AM.) Reason: Punctuation
Thanks Meter 70
Arrow Need to uninstall device and reinstall drivers

If you google, "Code 10", you will find that on a Windows system it is an error code generated by the Device Manager "because it can not start a device". In a nut shell, the most likely cause for this is because the device was not properly installed with the right drivers.

If you are running Windows, you can try to use the attached file called USBReview to see what device that is as you know it is your phone. Basically, with this program you can remove all the old drivers and start all the driver installation again.

Try to find your phone either here on xda, on the web or contact your phone's manufacturer - you need drivers!!!

Good luck, Mr. Phelps.

Quote:

Attached Files
File Type: zip USBReview.zip - [Click for QR Code] (62.6 KB, 13115 views)
Haipai i9220 June 5 ROM
Android 4.04

IF I OR OTHERS HAVE HELPED YOU, PLEASE CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ronbo76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

johnnysnavely
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbo76 View Post
If you google, "Code 10", you will find that on a Windows system it is an error code generated by the Device Manager "because it can not start a device". In a nut shell, the most likely cause for this is because the device was not properly installed with the right drivers.

If you are running Windows, you can try to use the attached file called USBReview to see what device that is as you know it is your phone. Basically, with this program you can remove all the old drivers and start all the driver installation again.

Try to find your phone either here on xda, on the web or contact your phone's manufacturer - you need drivers!!!

Good luck, Mr. Phelps.
Your USB program does give a lot of information I have never seen before, but I still haven't been able to figure out how to get the driver to load.
thanks, John

EHAM(#
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having the same problem installing the MT6575 USB VCOM drivers. Is there a workaround to get this installed? I"m using WIN 6 64bit

ivy13
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

This is what worked for me after lot of experimenting and searching:
- get MTK6575 drivers (for instance from Bruno Martins where he writes about flashing mtk6575 - google: MT6575 flashing tutorial bruno
- Start c/windows/system32/hdwwiz.exe (as admin)
- Click next
- Manually select hardware
- List all devices
- Select the driver (for example usb2ser_Win764.inf)
- from the List select "MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port"
(or you can install other drivers from the list if Preloader is not enough..)

On another computer I solved it by installing whole Android SDK, checked my android system and installed updated for SDK (approx. 2 GB) and it installed correct drivers automatically.

Also you can experiment with using another usb port..
Please write here if it helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to ivy13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

khattak77
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivy13 View Post
This is what worked for me after lot of experimenting and searching:
- get MTK6575 drivers (for instance from Bruno Martins where he writes about flashing mtk6575 - google: MT6575 flashing tutorial bruno
- Start c/windows/system32/hdwwiz.exe (as admin)
- Click next
- Manually select hardware
- List all devices
- Select the driver (for example usb2ser_Win764.inf)
- from the List select "MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port"
(or you can install other drivers from the list if Preloader is not enough..)

On another computer I solved it by installing whole Android SDK, checked my android system and installed updated for SDK (approx. 2 GB) and it installed correct drivers automatically.

Also you can experiment with using another usb port..
Please write here if it helped.
Tried your first method but still get Code 10 error. Could not understand your second method. Please help. Me device is Qmobile Noir A2

k0m3n9
Old
Thanks Meter 17
hye.. any progress? am having the same issue.. just for MTK6575 com port driver

Cipriot
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Just made my Amoi N820 work
So happy
You get Code 10 becouse your windows couldn't recognize the driver but that's irrelevant becouse flashing will work
The Following User Says Thank You to Cipriot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

orion~X
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy No solution?

Any solution on this problem?

I've this china mt6575 galaxy s3 clone and got rooted using CF Root.Got ADB composite driver successfully installed in my pc (using win7 32-bit).When I install preloader usb vcom driver, i'm also facing this 'code 10' issue.Until now I can't install CWM in my phone.(the Flash Tool cannot detect my device).i try to install/push CWM using Terminal Emulator but nothing seems to change .when reboot into recovery mode the same stock recovery appear.Any help please?

Tags
mediatek, mtk6575