5,595,760 Members 39,445 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do we start a new thread or rename this one?
Keep all JC Sullins CM builds under this thread? 3 8.57%
Keep this one as is and start a new one for CM11? 32 91.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] [CM10/CM10.1] [Experimental Preview by Jcsullins] [01/05/14]

Tip us?

BIGSimon
Old
(Last edited by BIGSimon; 22nd January 2014 at 05:55 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 655
Default [ROM] [CM10/CM10.1] [Experimental Preview by Jcsullins] [01/05/14]

New Experimental preview by Jcsullins please go and thank him for this
You can download the CM10 preview here and the GApps here.
Update mirror is available here.
You can download the CM10.1 Experimental here and the GApps here.
Update mirror is available here.
You can find all the required installation files here,
but you may want to have a look at the thread below so that you know what to do with them.
For Instructions on how to install this Rom please see this post : How to Update/Install Android 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 Builds on the HP TouchPad
Thanks to RolandDeschain79 for such an informative and comprehensive guide.

Please note this ROM is just for testing and is not considered ready for daily use.
If you are looking for a fully working ROM or are inexperienced at flashing ROMS then this is not for you

I take no credit for this work

Please feel free to post any and all comments including bugs, FC's or any other problems and please try and stay on topic,
also please remember new users will need a lot of help, so lets play nice.
Google Nexus 5 : CM11 Built from source : Google Nexus 7 : CM11 Built from source
HP TouchPad 1 : CM11 by Jcsullins : HP TouchPad 2 : CM11 by Milaq

The Following 231 Users Say Thank You to BIGSimon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jsgraphicart
Old
Thanks Meter 1234
Soooo...who's actually running this already?
The Following User Says Thank You to jsgraphicart For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

x000x
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
one guy did. see the results http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post29693131

shaffe.fr
Old
(Last edited by shaffe.fr; 2nd August 2012 at 09:32 PM.) Reason: Orthograph and precision.
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
I'm running it and it's working at least as well as CM9 (wifi working, a bit smoother, ...). There is only one problem : even with the USB plugged in, the battery keeps dropping down !

The Jack of Clubs
Old
Thanks Meter 341
So Wi-Fi does work? What does and doesn't work?

Sent from my HP TouchPad using XDA Premium HD app

slyr114
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack of Clubs View Post

Not Working: Sound, video acceleration, mic, camera. Overall the rom seems pretty smooth besides the main bugs of course. Make a backup if you flash. Wifi seems to be working fine and the guy in the other thread that said charging was messed up must of had a bad flash or something cause charging works just fine here
Direct link to my gallery of native Touchpad resolution wallpapers: Here
Link to relevant Reddit post about my gallery with instructions on how to set them without any crop or blur: Here

jsgraphicart
Old
Thanks Meter 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe.fr View Post
I'm running it and it's working at least as good as CM9 (wifi working, smoother, ...). There is only one problem : battery life is very poor, it keeps dropping down even with usb plugged in !
Yeah, dont keep it on your TouchPad. Apparently the guy in the other thread left it overnight and woke up to a dead TouchPad. I guess not charging when plugged in is a missing feature in this. Thats why its a preview though. Meant more for flashing it, playing with it for a bit then going back to whatever you had before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack of Clubs View Post

From what I understand, no hardware acceleration (or at least not fully) so things like games/YouTube dont work, no sound, no mic, no camera and I guess it doesnt charge when plugged in. Probably a list of other issues as well.

chicle_11
Old
(Last edited by chicle_11; 2nd August 2012 at 09:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 217
I was still running into some minor glitches after flashing cm10, so I restored back to the 7/30 nightly, which is running just right for me.

The glitches are minor, and I would probably use this if my 7/30 build wasn't close to perfect.

Again, thanks to the cyanogen guys that have made this possible. I look forward to installing cm10 after a few of the rough edges are taken care off.

Edit : Thanks to Big Simon for getting this thread started - go click the thanks button for him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chicle_11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nikeman513
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyr114 View Post
Not Working: Sound, video acceleration, mic, camera. Overall the rom seems pretty smooth besides the main bugs of course. Make a backup if you flash. Wifi seems to be working fine and the guy in the other thread that said charging was messed up must of had a bad flash or something cause charging works just fine here
Idk man, shaffe.jr, is pretty much confirming my problem. When installing I FDR, formatted system and cache, installed, fixed permissions and booted. Just like I do with all fresh installs. I left it plugged in overnight, because it was showing a charge and I wanted to play with it more in the morning. I woke up with it still on, but showing 0 on battery. I thought that it couldn't be true, because charging symbol was still on. So I unplugged it, as soon as I took it out of the power input, it shut off and is now going through the whole mess of not recognizing charger. I know how to fix that (leave charger in anyways, and allow it to trickle charge slowly for many hours, then immediately boot to CWR).

If anyone else is noticing that problem, please speak up. I don't want this to happen to anyone else!

As far as smoothness, as someone stated in the Q&A, HW acceleration doesn't work. So, you're not going to experience project butter. There's pretty much no point in flashing this yet. I really regret not immediately reverting back to my backup.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

shaffe.fr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
For what I've seen , sound, mic and camera are not working. Hardware acceleration is partially working : global UI is a lot smoother, games are no so fast.
Battery seems to be charging : when plugged on AC percentage are going up.
Nevertheless, I will switch back to the last CM9 nightly.

Tags
4.1.2, 4.2.2 (jdq39), cyanogenmod, jelly bean, tenderloin, touchpad