Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,248 Members 37,839 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ANY way to set a volume limit? (JB)

Tip us?
 
kehlan
Old
#1  
kehlan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 388
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Diego
Default ANY way to set a volume limit? (JB)

My ear is still ringing... I'm honestly surprised that volume limits aren't baked right into every android ROM.

Please, please, please help me find a way to prevent anything from potentially damaging my ear drum while I have my earphones in.

Yeah... I've got a headache now. No fun. No fun at all.

Any and all tips are helpful, I guess...
 
Speedin07si
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,085
Posts: 2,703
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colonial Heights,VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlan View Post
My ear is still ringing... I'm honestly surprised that volume limits aren't baked right into every android ROM.

Please, please, please help me find a way to prevent anything from potentially damaging my ear drum while I have my earphones in.

Yeah... I've got a headache now. No fun. No fun at all.

Any and all tips are helpful, I guess...
The volume down button on the side of the phone?

Sent from My Epic Ice Cream Sandwich With Sprinkles!!!
Experimentation remains the best catalyst for progression.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Speedin07si For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
atomb
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 221
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedin07si View Post
The volume down button on the side of the phone?

Sent from My Epic Ice Cream Sandwich With Sprinkles!!!
Thanks asshole. I also would love the ability to change the top end volume. I use IEM a lot and having the volume at 1 is already a comfortable volume and by notch 4 or 5 it's already too loud. I would like to be able to set the mid volume level as my max and have more leeway in the middle for fine tuning. Any apps that can do this yet?
 
porshce2
Old
#4  
porshce2's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 54
Join Date: Nov 2012
With that kind of attitude no one's going to help you. So how about you get some manners and come back? Thank you.
 
Speedin07si
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,085
Posts: 2,703
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colonial Heights,VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomb View Post
Thanks asshole. I also would love the ability to change the top end volume. I use IEM a lot and having the volume at 1 is already a comfortable volume and by notch 4 or 5 it's already too loud. I would like to be able to set the mid volume level as my max and have more leeway in the middle for fine tuning. Any apps that can do this yet?
Really your revived this thread for that kind of childish response?

Really the volume down button works fine for me. If it doesn't for you then it's your problem not mine, no need to be acting like a big bad cyber bully.

Sent from Pluto.
Experimentation remains the best catalyst for progression.
The Following User Says Thank You to Speedin07si For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
-EViL-KoNCEPTz-
Old
#6  
-EViL-KoNCEPTz-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3,495
Posts: 6,230
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tampa Bay area

 
DONATE TO ME
Lmao at ears ringing from headphones. Its called using the volume control. Want better control use something like audio manager pro and stop whining and calling people names just cuz you don't like their logical answer to your ridiculous question.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to -EViL-KoNCEPTz- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
daniel4653
Old
#7  
daniel4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,643
Posts: 8,242
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedin07si View Post
The volume down button on the side of the phone?

Sent from My Epic Ice Cream Sandwich With Sprinkles!!!
Damn you beat me to it Lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2


 
Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone
 
atomb
Old
(Last edited by KennyG123; 14th January 2013 at 06:53 PM.)
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 221
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denver
I did find a solution that works, the app is "Fine Volume Control V2 (Trial)" - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...h.finevolumev2 It's a trial so you can see if it fixes your problem but it lets you set the volume much lower than android normally allows so it works well with very sensitive earbuds/IEM's.
 
KennyG123
Old
#9  
KennyG123's Avatar
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 26,183
Posts: 28,076
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Right behind you!

 
DONATE TO ME
Thread cleaned, edited and closed
Profanity and disrespect will be dealt with harshly as there is NO reason for it on a developers site.
Thanks
FNM

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes