Post Reply

[All Carriers]Touch Wiz Themeing Questions

26th June 2012, 06:07 PM   |  #11  
Bizdady's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 818
Thanks Meter: 582
 
2,350 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgkahn

i have a version of systemui i modified for att
I have custom battery icons (not 1% as i used 7zip instead of a full rebuild)

i was able to change the battery icons,
loudness/slilent icon, airplane icon, wifi icons, alarm icon etc.

but for some reason the signal icon changes are not being applied.. i tried clearing cache, and dalvek cache.. still no go..

CAnnot figure out where it is getting the old icons from.. looked in framework-res as well but as far as i can tell they are not in there..

I have changed these sucessfully before in ics on my sgs ii..

anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Is the rom deodexed?
26th June 2012, 06:12 PM   |  #12  
shane6374's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 1,270
 
2,792 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgkahn

i have a version of systemui i modified for att
I have custom battery icons (not 1% as i used 7zip instead of a full rebuild)

i was able to change the battery icons,
loudness/slilent icon, airplane icon, wifi icons, alarm icon etc.

but for some reason the signal icon changes are not being applied.. i tried clearing cache, and dalvek cache.. still no go..

CAnnot figure out where it is getting the old icons from.. looked in framework-res as well but as far as i can tell they are not in there..

I have changed these sucessfully before in ics on my sgs ii..

anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Since Gingerbread those have been called out from the systemui. If you are running an odexed rom, there's your problem. Many of the png's are loaded in the odex file and cannot be changed just by editing the apk.
26th June 2012, 06:16 PM   |  #13  
Senior Member
Flag londonderry
Thanks Meter: 173
 
2,149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizdady

Is the rom deodexed?

nope with the 7zip method (read up on it) you dont need that.. you just swap .png right in the .apk(s)

it is the stock rom\


and i succesfully did the same thing in the sgs ii systeui (and those icons are in there since i can see them).. however, maybe you are correct in that there are another copy in the .odex.. but it would be strange..
26th June 2012, 06:26 PM   |  #14  
Bizdady's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 818
Thanks Meter: 582
 
2,350 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgkahn

nope with the 7zip method (read up on it) you dont need that.. you just swap .png right in the .apk(s)

it is the stock rom\


and i succesfully did the same thing in the sgs ii systeui (and those icons are in there since i can see them).. however, maybe you are correct in that there are another copy in the .odex.. but it would be strange..

It's more than likely that it's loading files from the odex. Can try deleting that but you might lose status bar lol
26th June 2012, 06:31 PM   |  #15  
Senior Member
Flag londonderry
Thanks Meter: 173
 
2,149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizdady

It's more than likely that it's loading files from the odex. Can try deleting that but you might lose status bar lol

thanks cannot delete the .odex (systemui or framework etc) on a stock rom.. the phone wont boot. (i think) although i have a cwm backup.

faithfully waiting for the first 1% battery mod for stock one.. (if it combines the .odex into the .apk) for stock then i can put my own icons in on top and then i can delete the .odex
27th June 2012, 02:21 AM   |  #16  
JoshBeach's Avatar
Recognized Themer / Recognized Developer
Flag Albany, NY
Thanks Meter: 31,663
 
4,606 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12MaNy

Themed the E4GT....and I'll be theming the shizzzz out of the SGS3.

Cant wait to see what you can bring 12many

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
27th June 2012, 02:42 AM   |  #17  
shane6374's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 1,270
 
2,792 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Donate to Me
More
To the mods, if I ask politely, could this please get stickied? It would nice to keep all the information in one place instead of in a bunch of threads that end up getting burried.
4th July 2012, 09:54 PM   |  #18  
TeamERA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 309
 
581 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Hey Shane, I need some help, this image will be the death of me

Ive stumbled on this image on the et4g and now I really cant find where the image is, and what the name may be. I always have a problem with the image name/location of the puldown notification background in the image below, its solid black and I need to make it transparent. Ive looked in drawable-xhdpi in systemUI, with no luck. THANKS MAN.

Oh +1 for this to be a sticky since this will help all carriers.

4th July 2012, 10:27 PM   |  #19  
shane6374's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 1,270
 
2,792 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamERA

Hey Shane, I need some help, this image will be the death of me

Ive stumbled on this image on the et4g and now I really cant find where the image is, and what the name may be. I always have a problem with the image name/location of the puldown notification background in the image below, its solid black and I need to make it transparent. Ive looked in drawable-xhdpi in systemUI, with no luck. THANKS MAN.

Oh +1 for this to be a sticky since this will help all carriers.

Wow, I had never looked at the files yet on this phone. I've been trying to work on some AOSP themes with my Nexus S. I got the framework-res and twframework-res to decompile, but can't get the systemui to decompile. If you can give me some help on getting the systemui to decompile, I'll look for it.

Edit: Nevermind, got it.

Edit 2: I have not tried this, but taking an "educated guess" I would look at this in the values/drawables.xml:
Code:
<item type="drawable" name="notification_header_bg">#ff000000</item>
If you want to change that to an image can change that to:
Code:
<item type="drawable" name="notification_header_bg">@drawable/pulldown_bg</item>
then make an image named pulldown_bg and put it in the drawable-xhdpi folder.

Or (This is what make's me think this is right)

Look at the drawable/status_bar_expanded.xml and find:
Code:
android:background="@drawable/notification_header_bg"
and change that to:
Code:
android:background="@drawable/pulldown_bg"
making the image as above.

If it's not this then the other possibility I found was "notification_tracking_bg" which the color is called for in the drawables.xml and is linked in the status_bar_tracking.xml

Let me know if either works.
4th July 2012, 10:58 PM   |  #20  
TeamERA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 309
 
581 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374

Wow, I had never looked at the files yet on this phone. I've been trying to work on some AOSP themes with my Nexus S. I got the framework-res and twframework-res to decompile, but can't get the systemui to decompile. If you can give me some help on getting the systemui to decompile, I'll look for it.

Edit: Nevermind, got it.



wow, because I just got a ton of errors, and I just had to download the 64bit version of java sdk, I forgot to do that when I got the new laptop last week. But this is what I just seen


Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in AT&T Galaxy S III Themes and Apps by ThreadRank