Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 42,103 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[All Carriers]Touch Wiz Themeing Questions

Tip us?

shane6374
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,270

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamERA View Post
wow, because I just got a ton of errors, and I just had to download the 64bit version of java sdk, I forgot to do that when I got the new laptop last week. But this is what I just seen
You have the correct framework resources installed?

Current Device - Nexus 5
Retired Devices - Nexus 4 - Galaxy S3 - Nexus S 4G - Epic 4G - Touch Pro 2 - Vogue
Please click the "Thanks" button if I helped or you like my work.
Twitter @shane6374

shane6374
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,270

DONATE TO ME
Double post

Current Device - Nexus 5
Retired Devices - Nexus 4 - Galaxy S3 - Nexus S 4G - Epic 4G - Touch Pro 2 - Vogue
Twitter @shane6374

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 26,183

DONATE TO ME
Thread stuck!
Great idea Shane!

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here
The Following User Says Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TeamERA
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
You have the correct framework resources installed?
Ah I forgot to load the framework file, good call man...

And you know whats funny, is Ive found the name/location of this file the hard way, and Ive been told twice before. Either the files are just really wacky this time around, or that file name/location is a curse for me . Ive seen it be a single dot.9 patch fill file (really small), and Ive seen it be a bigger image, and Im still looking. But my eyes are killing me now.

shane6374
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,270

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamERA View Post
Ah I forgot to load the framework file, good call man...

And you know whats funny, is Ive found the name/location of this file the hard way, and Ive been told twice before. Either the files are just really wacky this time around, or that file name/location is a curse for me . Ive seen it be a single dot.9 patch fill file (really small), and Ive seen it be a bigger image, and Im still looking. But my eyes are killing me now.
I remember you saying something about that a few months ago on the ET4G. I looked but couldn't find anything that looked like it might be it, more importantly I didn't find anything in the xml files that would point to that.

If you haven't seen it go back to my last post on page 2. That is what I found in the xml files.

Current Device - Nexus 5
Twitter @shane6374

TeamERA
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Yeah, well if I remember right it was always a file, not an xml edit. The hard way was to add diff color dots to each black image I came across in drawable-hdpi on the et4g, now xhdpi, but that took forever. I may have to do the same thing. But ill ask around first, maybe tomorrow. Im about to be gettin down for the fourth At home this year, but still fun. So I wont post in anyones theme thread just yet, since Id rather people have fun today

Edit, and the thread your thinking of was for the actually notification box, like when you get a text message. But I have had several of those threads also. The one where you helped was an xml edit because it was for cm9 I think.

Swiftks
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,926
Just the thread I was looking for...

Haven't done a whole lot of ICS themeing (GB use to be so much easier), and especially not with TouchWiz. Anyway, I have the following questions in reference to the screen shot below. Most of these changes, if not all, I believe are in the SystemUI. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

1) How the hell do you get rid of the carrier ID? Also, if I wanted to move it to where the date currently is in the notification menu, how would this be accomplished?

2) How do I change the quick menu toggle color? Is it a hexcode or a png... haven't been able to find it anywhere? Maybe in the framework-res?

3) For future's sake & reference which xml is this color at (the background for the toggles)?

4) How do I right align the date by the settings button?

5) Text color location for this?

6) Background Color for this?

F.Y.I. This apk manager works perfect for decompiling and recompiling the systemui and framework-res, for the SGS3. Don't forget to install your framework-res first.
http://wanamlite.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=30

shane6374
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,270

DONATE TO ME
Ok, I guess it's time for me to dig in. I'll start working on xml's tonight.

2 is tw_quick_panel_off.9.png & tw_quick_panel_on.9.png

Current Device - Nexus 5
Twitter @shane6374

Bizdady
Old
Thanks Meter 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftks View Post
Just the thread I was looking for...

Haven't done a whole lot of ICS themeing (GB use to be so much easier), and especially not with TouchWiz. Anyway, I have the following questions in reference to the screen shot below. Most of these changes, if not all, I believe are in the SystemUI. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

1) How the hell do you get rid of the carrier ID? Also, if I wanted to move it to where the date currently is in the notification menu, how would this be accomplished?

2) How do I change the quick menu toggle color? Is it a hexcode or a png... haven't been able to find it anywhere? Maybe in the framework-res?

3) For future's sake & reference which xml is this color at (the background for the toggles)?

4) How do I right align the date by the settings button?

5) Text color location for this?

6) Background Color for this?

F.Y.I. This apk manager works perfect for decompiling and recompiling the systemui and framework-res, for the SGS3. Don't forget to install your framework-res first.
http://wanamlite.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=30
I believe 2 and 6 are png files. 3 for sure is a very small .9 dot image

#2 i think is tw_quick_panel_on.9.png

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk
"mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make"

HTC Evo 4G/Galaxy Nexus/Galaxy S3/Samsung Galaxy Note II
Kindle Fire/Asus Transformer Prime/Nexus 7

Twitter @bizdady
Google + Bizdady

Old
Thanks Meter 278
How do I de-compile any of the touchwiz apk's.
ApkManager doesn't work anymore.
Is there anything else fairly simple that we could use to de-compile?

EDIT: saw the post above with the link to the new apkmanager.
thanks.
will give that a try.
HTC One M8