The USB OTG that Do and DO NOT work with Nexus 7 Thread
I realize there is another thread about an OTG cable that does work with the Nexus 7, but after 3 or 4 posts, it has digressed into discussing what to plug into the OTG and what to use instead of OTG.
As I struggled to find any confirmation of a device I could buy in the UK that DID work with the Nexus 7, I thought I'd make this thread. At the same time, I also bought a USB OTG adapter that does NOT work with the Nexus 7, so thought I'd let you know of that one too. I would like to request that people use this thread to show USB OTG's that they have confirmed as working with the Nexus 7 and also those that do not work.
For those OTGs that are working, please indicate what tests you have done as well as where you purchased it (links please). Please try to refrain from discussing / recommending devices to plug into the USB OTG unless it's to say you have confirmed it as working with the USG OTG and Nexus 7.
DOES work with Nexus 7 -
I can confirm that the following work on the Nexus 7 with this Adapter -
- USB Keyboard plugged into Adapter
- USB mouse plugged into Adapter
- USB mouse and USB keyboard plugged into (self powered) USB HUB, and HUB plugged into adapter
- USB Memory Stick (pendrive as some call them) as long as the Nexus 7 and Google Nexus are ROOTED and have a utility called StickMount installed (from Google Play Store)
- USB Dongle for Wireless Keyboard (with built in trackball), plugged into Adapter. Nexus 7 picks up both mouse and keyboard
I have confirmed that my wireless keyboard (with trackball) works great with this USB OTG Adapter
Does NOT work With Nexus 7 -
Don't be shy to hit that 'Thanks' button
Nexus 4 - Stock 4.2.1
Nexus 7 - Stock 4.2.1
Retired / Sold -
Samsung Galaxy S3 | HTC Desire | HTC Desire HD | Samsung Galaxy S2 | Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Galaxy Note | Samsung Galaxy Tab | Archos 80 G9 | Asus Transformer