Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.2+] Droid Draw [v1.0.0] (8/31/2012)

Tip us?

craig@xatik
Old
(Last edited by craig@xatik; 7th September 2012 at 04:34 AM.) Reason: New version
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP][2.2+] Droid Draw [v1.0.0] (8/31/2012)

Hello everyone! Xatik Group is proud to present Droid Draw, the Turtle Graphics remake for Android!

If you would like a full description of the app please visit our website. Droid Draw | Xatik Group

And now on to a quick description.

Quote:
Draw amazing complex shapes and patterns while learning the basics of programming with Droid Draw! Droid Draw is a twist on the original Turtle Graphics app that uses the LOGO programming language.

Not sure what Turtle Graphics and LOGO programming is? The original Turtle Graphics allowed a user to enter commands which represented what would be drawn out out on a Cartesian plane. Droid Draw brings this same functionality to Android users.

Not sure what to do? Make sure to check out the help section in the app. We have information on how to use the app and what every command does. Also, we are constantly adding to our website with interesting tips and tricks!

Quote:
FEATURES
Besides just being able to enter commands and create an image, we have added some extra features:

** Animation: You can see where the pen is with the helpful DroidDraw mascot holding your pen.
** Sharing and Import/Export: Create an amazing image? Share it with your friends, set it as a background, or even send it as an email to us and we’ll display it on our website! Want to share how you made the image? Export the script and email that too!
** Refresh: Have some random values in your code? Hit the replay button to generate a new image.
** Zoom/Drag: Is your picture too small or in the wrong area? We have include pinch-to-zoom and dragging capabilities.
** Quick Command Entry: We have created a custom keyboard to make entering commands and values simple.
** Drag and Drop Commands: Put a command in the wrong spot? Simply drag it to where you want!
** Wakelock during Animation: Want to watch the full animation without touching your phone? We now keep the phone awake ONLY during the animation!
Quote:
Permissions

** We require storage permission to cache the images you draw and share. You can view the saved images in this folder: /sdcard/Android/data/com.xatik.app.droiddraw.client/

** Wakelock Permission: This is required to keep the phone awake ONLY during animation

Quote:
Changelog
More details here: Droid Draw Changelog |*Xatik Group

v1.0.0
  • Added better tutorials to each screen
  • Added more commands to the keyboard
    DIR
    PT
  • Changed example script names to start with ‘Ex_’
  • Import/Export scripts
  • New Option: Set Image as Background
  • New Option: Share image with Xatik – We will pick our favorites every week/month and post them on our website.
  • Keyboard now works in landscape
  • Bug Fix: Replay for larger resolution screens
  • Note: Droid Draw does not officially support Tablets or Small screen devices.

v1.1.1 Beta
  • Bug Fix: Higher Resolution screens could not see lines draw.

v1.1.0 Beta
  • Draggable commands
  • Auto scroll to new command
  • Wakelock during Animation
  • Fix force close when invalid command entered.

(Supports all android devices 2.2+)

p.s. This app is Open Source! You can find our code out on BitBucket here: https://bitbucket.org/XatikGroup/droiddraw

And of course the images:

Don't forget to hit Thanks if you found my post helpful!

Creator of the Man Test and Droid Draw!
Check out how Manly you are or enjoy creating patterns with the Turtle Graphics remake Droid Draw today! Both are available on Google Play for Android devices 2.2+
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to craig@xatik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

evil_penguin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 698
Good!
will try it on my nexus.
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post it in a thread.

Devices Owned ->
LG Nexus 5 D821 (Current)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-1950
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
The Following User Says Thank You to evil_penguin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

craig@xatik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_penguin View Post
Good!
will try it on my nexus.
Awesome thanks! Share it with your friends

Just a random note, since we at Xatik Group do not own Android Tablets, we were unable to do exhaustive testing. We apologize if the app does not look as good on a tablet.

Check out how Manly you are or enjoy creating patterns with the Turtle Graphics remake Droid Draw today! Both are available on Google Play for Android devices 2.2+
The Following User Says Thank You to craig@xatik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

evil_penguin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig@xatik View Post
Awesome thanks! Share it with your friends

Just a random note, since we at Xatik Group do not own Android Tablets, we were unable to do exhaustive testing. We apologize if the app does not look as good on a tablet.
just tried it..
Its great! i like it.
Good job!

and sure i will recommend this app to all my friends!
Thanks for this awesome app
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post it in a thread.

Devices Owned ->
LG Nexus 5 D821 (Current)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-1950
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
The Following User Says Thank You to evil_penguin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

meethere
Old
Thanks Meter 103
works quite good
thanks
Get exposure, submit your biz to business web directory
India's Best Online Deals
The Following User Says Thank You to meethere For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

craig@xatik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_penguin View Post
just tried it..
Its great! i like it.
Good job!

and sure i will recommend this app to all my friends!
Thanks for this awesome app
Quote:
Originally Posted by meethere View Post
works quite good
thanks
Thanks for the compliments! It really means a lot

john9
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 269
Wow that does look pretty nice. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to john9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

craig@xatik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by john9 View Post
Wow that does look pretty nice. Thanks
Thanks for the compliments!

Note: We've already received some great feedback and we have ideas for some features that we will try and add by the first release!

Keep the feedback coming. We really appreciate it!

craig@xatik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232

DONATE TO ME
Well we've had a few suggestions and we're working hard to implement the updates.

We have found one force close so far when a few invalid commands are entered.

We are hoping to have a new version of the app soon. Thank you everyone for testing!

If you have guys have any additional comments please feel free to share!

craig@xatik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232

DONATE TO ME
Droid Draw has been updated with three new features and a bug fix! Get the latest version of Droid Draw (v1.1.0 Beta) on the Play Store!

New Features
  • Draggable commands: You can now re-position the order commands are run by holding the drag icon on the right and moving the command up or down.
  • Auto scroll to new command: After you insert a new command, Droid Draw will automatically scroll to the new command
  • Wakelock during Animation: Frustrated when your phone shut off during an animation? We now keep your phone awake while Droid Draw is animating. Three seconds after Droid Draw is finished, the phone should go to sleep!

Bug Fix
  • There was a known force close in the keyboard activity if a certain invalid command was entered. We hope to have that fixed now.

Tags
beta, droid draw, xatik