I am doing some work on this in my spare time but there is no way for me to fix the camera to work for aokp.I have school as well. Once jocala gets a port of CM10 I will try and port AOKP jelly bean. Just don't expect it. This rom is stable and can be used as a daily driver if you don't mind the camera not working. It is an AOKP specific issue I presume and would require skills beyond what im capapible of to fix.
Jocala ( helped me ALOT )
KemikalElite ( his previous work on aokp helped me out. )
What is AOKP?
AOKP is similar to cm9 but with hundreds of themeing and customization options to choose from. The speed of AOKP is slightly faster than CM9 as well. For a full list of these features visit
- ROM Control
- Status Bar
- EDGE, 3G, 4G (DATA)
- Theme Manager
- SD Card
- Internel SD
- Wifi Calling (May not work)
- Video Editor
- Hardware Acceleration
- BT Audio (Untested)
- USB Teathering
- Camera (AOKP dosnt like the CM9 libs)
- Emergency Calling [911 Calls]
(The fix to this is have the direct numbers of your local fire and police stations available) jocala is working on a fix for this in CM9 and once he fixes it I'll post a new update.
Stuff to Know
- Internal SD is mounted as /SD card
- Externel SD is mounted as /emmc
- Facebook Sync is not included in AOSP, there are alternatives in the market.
- Just like CM9, text sometimes disappears in gmail and other apps. restart the app to fix this.
- tapping the sign into wifi option results in a fc. You must manually sign into public access points via the browser
How To Install
- Download ClockworkMod Recovery
- Download the AOKP ROM
- Download Google APPs (Contact Sync,Setup,Play Store, ect.)
Stock Google APPs
- Hold home and power buttons until the phone reboots and the Samsung logo appears.
- The stock recovery should then apear.
- make shure cwm recovery is on the internel SD card and from stock recovery flash the zip file (should be easy to figure out)
- reboot recovery again
- select backup and restore and do a backup.
- do a romwipe and then flash AOKP
- *flash gapps
- AOKP is installed now
I would recomend a ROMWIPE if installing over CM9/MIUI but it is not neccicary