No registration required

[GT-N7000][REF] Service Manual and Full Schematics

OP E:V:A

3rd August 2012, 08:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag -∇ϕ
Thanks Meter: 1,904

1,384 posts
Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000/L) Service Manual + Full Schematics.

After having spent considerable time trying to find any half-descent schematic of the GT-I9100, I was pointed to a Google search-link (thanks to an anonymous source) and came across the full schematics of the GT-N7000/L. This was a lucky strike since the only schematics for the I9100 that I could find, was encrypted, as I posted here. Why so? Because it is very similar in hardware and design to the GT-I9100.

We are interested in better understanding the hardware in this phone, so that we could (a) develop unbrickable-mod, (b) communicate with phone modem via a virtual serial interface over USB and/or from a local shell and (c) get proper and early debug output for development purposes. But there are many more good reasons...

So, in addition, I decided to put together the messed up pages for the Service Manual, in the right order together with the schematics.

So here you go (the combined):

Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000/L) Service Manual
+ Full Schematics

This download consists of 2 PDF files compressed with 7zip:

Samsung_GT-N7000_Service_Manual.pdf
Samsung_GT-N7000_Schematics_Rev_07b_20110925.pdf

PS. The parts list should be somewhat similar to that of the GT-I9100 and if not, you may recreate it, using my script in the GT-I9100 Hack-Pack Add-On.

Hope this helps!

EDIT -- 2012-08-10 -------------------------------------------------

Apparently the schematics are not so "full" as I claimed previously. There are many missing pieces, although they show some of the most important connections. Sorry about that! (I will have to leave the title as is, in order not to screw up the search engines and other links.)

In addition it is worth noting that:
a) I have good reasons to believe that some component labels are screwed up, including the block diagram, as usual...
b) The similarities to the GT-I9100 are more limited that thought.
Last edited by E:V:A; 8th August 2012 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Not quite so "full"...
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to E:V:A For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2012, 02:08 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
I Was Looking For the Service Manual. Thanks a Lot For Your Effort.
7th August 2012, 08:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag -∇ϕ

1,384 posts
Some interesting and useful excerpts.

The Application Processor (Exynos 4210) boot pins/modes:

The Baseband Processor (Intel XG626) boot pins/modes:

The Voice Processor (Audience earSmart™ eS305) Known as U207 and also used in the GT-I9300:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GT-N7000_ap_boot_mode_pins.png
Views:	30304
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	1247612   Click image for larger version

Name:	GT-N7000_ap_boot_mode_schematic.png
Views:	30304
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1247613   Click image for larger version

Name:	GT-N7000_cp_boot_mode_schematic.png
Views:	30210
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	1247614   Click image for larger version

Name:	GT-N7000_U207_schematic_2.jpg
Views:	30213
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	1247615  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to E:V:A For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th August 2012, 09:09 PM   |  #4  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,855

13,541 posts
Donate to Me
More
Bad news regarding "Unbrickable" on these devices - even on Exynos devices where the proper xOM resistor combo has been found, a critical piece of the puzzle (a USB-bootable IBL that does not enforce signature checks of the next step of the boot process) is missing.

Rebellos and company have it for Hummingbird but not Exynos - this is why Unbrickable does not currently exist for any Exynos device.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2012, 12:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag -∇ϕ

1,384 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

...a USB-bootable IBL that does not enforce signature checks of the next step of the boot process) is missing.

There's got to be a way to circumvent that. But I have not followed that development very closely as it involves quite a bit of RE. Who's working on this (other than rebellos) ? What is the progress if any?
8th August 2012, 02:40 AM   |  #6  
Flag Gdańsk
Thanks Meter: 3,438

1,340 posts
Donate to Me
Who was working on that except me was AdamOutler. But actually work stalled, as Samsung locked Exynos more than S5PC110, they don't answer any technical questions. And at all I've got no time nor skill to look for deep hidden security holes in Exynos iROM.
10th August 2012, 03:29 PM   |  #7  
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,855

13,541 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebellos

Who was working on that except me was AdamOutler. But actually work stalled, as Samsung locked Exynos more than S5PC110, they don't answer any technical questions. And at all I've got no time nor skill to look for deep hidden security holes in Exynos iROM.

I have also yet to see anyone compromise a device at this low of a level - all OMAP attacks have been farther down in the chain of trust. Same for the VZW GS3 - it doesn't check recovery signature on boot so that leaves a wide open hole.
6th September 2012, 11:57 AM   |  #8  
Flag nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 8

16 posts
More
THANKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by E:V:A

Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000/L) Service Manual + Full Schematics.

After having spent considerable time trying to find any half-descent schematic of the GT-I9100, I was pointed to a Google search-link (thanks to an anonymous source) and came across the full schematics of the GT-N7000/L. This was a lucky strike since the only schematics for the I9100 that I could find, was encrypted, as I posted here. Why so? Because it is very similar in hardware and design to the GT-I9100.

We are interested in better understanding the hardware in this phone, so that we could (a) develop unbrickable-mod, (b) communicate with phone modem via a virtual serial interface over USB and/or from a local shell and (c) get proper and early debug output for development purposes. But there are many more good reasons...

So, in addition, I decided to put together the messed up pages for the Service Manual, in the right order together with the schematics.

So here you go (the combined):

Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000/L) Service Manual
+ Full Schematics

This download consists of 2 PDF files compressed with 7zip:

Samsung_GT-N7000_Service_Manual.pdf
Samsung_GT-N7000_Schematics_Rev_07b_20110925.pdf

PS. The parts list should be somewhat similar to that of the GT-I9100 and if not, you may recreate it, using my script in the GT-I9100 Hack-Pack Add-On.

Hope this helps!

EDIT -- 2012-08-10 -------------------------------------------------

Apparently the schematics are not so "full" as I claimed previously. There are many missing pieces, although they show some of the most important connections. Sorry about that! (I will have to leave the title as is, in order not to screw up the search engines and other links.)

In addition it is worth noting that:
a) I have good reasons to believe that some component labels are screwed up, including the block diagram, as usual...
b) The similarities to the GT-I9100 are more limited that thought.

I Was Looking For the Service Manual. Thanks a Lot For Your Effort.
9th September 2012, 05:46 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Perfect, thanks!

G
18th September 2012, 05:40 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 7

115 posts
Can this thread helps the dev to publish a Safe Kernel for ICS

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gt-n7000, manual, note, schematics, service