Back in the days. JellyBeanRom was a rom intended for OG Galaxy S. It wasn't very popular, and I've given up cooking, and changed my device. Now JellyBeanRom is back with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and latest Ice Cream Sandwich build. For now, only basic modifications were done but still it's quite a good start. Hope you'll like the rom and have fun with it, as much as I had "fun" developing it. I'd like to thank here Task650 and Jamison904 for their latest, inspiring work for the P7510. Moving on...
-base rom P7500XXLQ8 or P7500XWLP5 or P7510UELPL Android 4.0.4
-rooted with latest SuperSU and su binary
-battery percent or stock battery
-light apps or dark apps (settings, calendar, messages, my files, alarm clock, contacts)
-Face Unlock (addon)
-advanced reboot menu
-Samsung Apps updated to 3.20.013
-Google Play updated to 3.8.17 with no restrictions
-Gmail updated to 4.3.1
-some unused stuff removed (also stuff that can be installed through Google Play)
-Go Launcher HD or TouchWiz UX
-added Flash Player
-70 flipfonts to choose from
-removed apps installing on first boot
-disabled boot sounds
-Android Jelly Bean animations
-added Yoda's Kernel, A1 Kernel or Stock Kernel
Removed apk's - it's not a CWM package! (Google Maps, Google Plus, Pulse, Widget Stock Clock, AP Mobile, Music Hub, Ebook & all the test apk's, etc.)
White apps CWM package
Facelock CWM package
JellyBeanRomICS debloater script CWM package
v1, v2 - initial bugged versions
v3 - finally quite bugfree
- got rid of preloaded apps installing
- removed some bloat
v4 - added some tweaks
- ported Face Unlock from P6800 - yeah, Samsung forgot about it in this stock rom ;)
- added battery percent
- changed some apps from light color to dark color (settings, messages, my files, alarm clock, contacts)
v5 - added version for GT-P7510
- advanced reboot menu
- updated apps (Gmail, Market, Samsung Apps)
- managed init.d scripts
- added animations from JB
- added Go Launcher HD
- disabled boot sound
- browser has selectable user agent
v5.1 - GT-P7510 version rebased to UELPL
- previous versions bugs fixed
- added A1 kernel
- SuperUser replaced with SuperSU
- added package with light apps
v6 - added XWLP5 version for good
- Facelock as an addon
- kernel updated to 2.2
- lowered battery drain? (scripts)
- added XWLP5 Lite (special version)
- updated: Gmail, Maps, Go Launcher HD, SuperSU, Google Play
- changed some app icons on better ones from osama_talha (hope you don't mind ;) )
v7 - kernel changed to Yoda's
- custom bootanimation
- updated apps
- flashing script cleaned up
- small take on multicsc on P7500
- minimized battery drain?
v8 - added Aroma
- kernel choice
- modem choice
- updated apps
- reworked from scratch (again!)
- Final candidate;)
1. If you're on stock Honeycomb 3.2, please download stock ICS rom from samfirmware and flash it. Then flash custom recovery (f.e. TWRP), and then make a full wipe (system, cache, data, dalvik cache) and flash JellyBeanRom.
2. If you're on stock Ice Cream Sandwich, please reboot to recovery (if you don't have one, please flash it), wipe system, cache and dalvik cache, and flash JellyBeanRom.
3. If you're on CyanogenMod 9 or 10, please reboot to recovery, make a full wipe (system, cache, data, dalvik cache) and flash JellyBeanRom.
If you want to use some of the removed apps, you have to add the desired apk's inside the rom zip, to system/app folder. Before flashing of course. Easy, right?
For anyone that has the wifi not working issue after flashing the v7, please reflash kernel of choice (Yoda's or A1). That's the solution till I will find another one.
It can be used on any
JBR version, and it can be easily configurable!
What it does? It removes all the stuff that I had removed in the lite version. For now it deletes:
How to configure the script?
Download CWM with the script, open it and copy META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script
to some visible place. Then open it with notepad (I recommend Notepad++).
That line represents one file that is removed (in this case it is Swype.apk):
If you want to add a file to delete, you need to know its path and full name. It can be any file, in any folder inside the file system. You can also remove any of that lines from the script if you want a file left untouched.
When you finish editing the updater-script, save it as it is without any extension, in most cases you'll just need to push Save button. Then copy the file inside the debloaters zip, copy inside your device and flash through recovery.
I did this to save yours and my time. I won't waste a lot of time for uploading lite roms, and you won't have to wait for me to do it. I think it is a good solution
-Samsung for the device and finally giving ICS update
-dsixda for his kitchen
-raziel23x for APK Multitool
-AAccount for his kernel, and permission to use it
-Ryrzy for his kernel, and permission to use it
-may & Wall-E for extensive testing
-XTeK for HUGE help with the rom!!
-rest of the gang at my forum
Donations are very welcome but not necessary (I'm raising money for a new device
)- button on the left (profile) or in the signature.
You can help me also by buying premium access on Hotfile to download my files. Thanks.
Thank you very much!
-Carlo A. (xboy80)
-anyone who bought premium on hotfile to download my files
Disclaimer!! I'm not responsible for any damages you do to your device by using my rom in a wrong way!!! And remember, if you don't understand any of the words here, then don't even think about flashing!