Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 49,623 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Have you been able to unlock your bootloader on the TF700 using the ASUS utility?
Yes 113 45.56%
No 54 21.77%
Haven't tried or don't know 81 32.66%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

[POLL] Unlocking Bootloader on TF700

Tip us?

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats OK View Post
http://d-h.st/pLH
Can't you doods just download the .apk from the above link and run it?
Maybe I'm not understannding what's going on with the server down thing.

From a tablet running CleanROM 2.3
The app is going to connect to Asus server to register in order to unlock. The app is not just unlock your device locally.
The Following User Says Thank You to buhohitr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dankens
Old
Thanks Meter 3
So finally after 5 days of daily trying i bit the bullet, wiped, downgraded to ics, tried a few more times with no avail...

and then on a follow up attempt.... success!.

not sure if ics had anything to do with it or whether its better to try daily or just keep spamming till it works.

Good luck to everyone who still tries to unlock theirs.

bckldwn
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankens View Post
So finally after 5 days of daily trying i bit the bullet, wiped, downgraded to ics, tried a few more times with no avail...

and then on a follow up attempt.... success!.

not sure if ics had anything to do with it or whether its better to try daily or just keep spamming till it works.

Good luck to everyone who still tries to unlock theirs.
Did you have that network connection error message for all the times it didn't work?

hashish16
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I am not sure if this comment is kosher, but the app connects with Asus to register that the device has been unlocked. Is there anyway to circumvent this, i.e. emulate the Asus server?
Samsung Galaxy S1->S2->S3->S4

dankens
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bckldwn View Post
Did you have that network connection error message for all the times it didn't work?
Mostly it just said unlocking failed.

aerce
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankens View Post
Mostly it just said unlocking failed.
How did you downgrade to ICS?

Current Devices: Sony Xperia Z and iPad 32 GB 4th Generation
Rom: Stock
Kernel: Stock

Old Devices: HTC One X, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S II I9100, HTC Sensation and Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 and Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T (All Sold)

_that
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashish16 View Post
I am not sure if this comment is kosher, but the app connects with Asus to register that the device has been unlocked. Is there anyway to circumvent this, i.e. emulate the Asus server?
No way. Each device has a unique encryption key, and only the Asus server has the matching data for unlocking. So you could emulate the server, but you wouldn't know what response to send.

dankens
Old
Thanks Meter 3
just download ics .30 from asus website, unzip (once), put it on microsd. reinsert microsd and update should popup in notification area.

Just a heads up, in a downgrade it wipes everything including root.

wctaylor79
Old
Thanks Meter 45
used phone to tether and unlocked my 700 driving down the highway. coming from stock fully updated jelly bean.. One time no problem. used goo manager flashed over recovery and good to go..

cowhow
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Man, this is a tough one. Just bought my TF700 and I got to admit I'm struggling with whether or not to unlock the BL. While I want the freedom unlocking gives me, it kind of scares the $#@$% out of me to think I've got a brand new device with no warranty. Decisions, decisions...[see hand wringing and pacing back and forth]