5,606,588 Members 34,625 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Have you been able to unlock your bootloader on the TF700 using the ASUS utility?
Yes 113 46.12%
No 52 21.22%
Haven't tried or don't know 80 32.65%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

[POLL] Unlocking Bootloader on TF700

Tip us?

GmrzeeK
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Morning people!

Quick question and i hope someone kind enough could help me out here, as i am still not able to unlock my device the easy way and just go ahead from there, i will try to downgrade to Ics from Jb and try rooting it that way. Question is about the firmware, im from sweden so i guess itīs the World wide firmware i should use, correct me if im wrong please.

Getting abit crazy over here as i want to use a few apps that i canīt if i donīt have root.

Thanks in advance

Regards Mike.

simplytheone
Old
(Last edited by simplytheone; 23rd February 2013 at 10:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 94
Default Good Morning,

i have small Idea... dont lol me out its only a theory

1. stop wlan (no wlan mac adresse activ ?!?!)
2. install a usb tethering tool (Internet from PC to Tablet)
http://www.howtogeek.com/117118/how-...tion-over-usb/
3. test the unlock tool

i dont have the Dock for my tablet but... Internet over the Lan Port from the Dock? without wlan... ??

i have no root... but the app need this...

anyone have testet thinks like this?

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmrzeeK View Post
Morning people!

Quick question and i hope someone kind enough could help me out here, as i am still not able to unlock my device the easy way and just go ahead from there, i will try to downgrade to Ics from Jb and try rooting it that way. Question is about the firmware, im from sweden so i guess itīs the World wide firmware i should use, correct me if im wrong please.

Getting abit crazy over here as i want to use a few apps that i canīt if i donīt have root.

Thanks in advance

Regards Mike.
you can check under "about the tablet" in the settings : build number have ww_epadXXXXX its worldwide...

Jokun
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplytheone View Post
i have small Idea... dont lol me out its only a theory

anyone have testet thinks like this?[COLOR="Silver"]
Great idea. Just tested it. But, sorry, doesnīt work. "No connection available", even though the usb tunnel is working.

Well...worth a try.

GmrzeeK
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokun View Post
Great idea. Just tested it. But, sorry, doesnīt work. "No connection available", even though the usb tunnel is working.

Well...worth a try.
Evening!

aww thats to bad, not much more options around. Still waiting for asus suport guy to get back to me on the matter of the unlock tool. Since i have downgraded to Ics and rooted it, just waiting for the device to charge up and im heading back to Jb hoping that ota rootkeeper will do itīs work.

If so im just going to stay rooted this way until a fix comes out or anything else changes.

Staying around tho for any updates, thanks for the help as well

GmrzeeK
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Update!

Downgraded to ICS .30 and then went ahead and rooted my device with the debugfs method without any issues at all, im now back on the latest jelly bean version and also rooted, so until asus fixes the problem (if they ever do) im staying like this with an closed bootloader.

But the hole idea with me buying this device was to unlock the bootloader and run some good roms, like cleanrom but asus stands in my way.
Really hope they will fix it, i will keep on naggin on the support and do what ever i can to fix it, if i canīt lets pray they fix it themselfs.

Anyways have a good night people!

Gmr.

GmrzeeK
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This is just so frustrating really, everytime i scroll thru all the pages about the tf700t and i see all the juicy themes and roms i break down and squeeze out a tear or even 2.

Do you guys think we will ever be able to unlock the bootloader? every morning when i wake up to make my 2x cups of coffe i try the unlock tool and to my suprise i get the " network error", having just root dosnīt cut it for me, i want to flash CWM, do my backups and also try out cleanrom.
Never thought i would be butt hurt about this but jesus christ i am . Oh well!

Have a good one people!

fsured
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I don't think any of us are going to have an answer for you on if the tool will ever be fixed.

Gefjon
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default Re: [POLL] Unlocking Bootloader on TF700

I think I might have found a solution by using Asus Support.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2187777

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

poofyhairguy
Old
(Last edited by poofyhairguy; 19th April 2013 at 08:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 95
There might finally be hope for the few Transformer users with this issue. Tien from Asus US is collecting information from Transformer owners with this problem so that the unlock system can be updated with the correct info. So please send him the information as outlined in his post ASAP as he wants to send it as a group:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=567

Have a nice day!
Nook Color - CM7 (my first mobile love)
Transformer Prime - Unlocked (finally) with Androwook v2.2
Samsung Galaxy S2 i777 - Retired but was a champ
White Galaxy S4 i337 - Task650's AOKP!!!!

fwuser
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i have unlocked on 4.1.1 using link in post #19 or #20 tf700t