Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 50,600 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] PowerManagerService wakelock

Tip us?

AlwaysNoob
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] PowerManagerService wakelock

I am monitoring my battery through BetterBatteryStatus. I see that the PowerManagerService kernel wakelock is keeping my phone from going to sleep. It keeps the phone on for nearly 120 mins in a day. Any idea of what that could be? I suspect that it is due to the Smart Stay feature of Galaxy S3 and I just disabled it now.

NegativeOne
Old
Thanks Meter 126
I'm getting this on CM 10.1, so no power stay. Wondering what it is too though.

goodtimes50
Old
Thanks Meter 73
PowerManagerService is basically a catch-all for partial wakelocks (wakelocks requested by non system apps). To see which apps are actually requesting the wakelocks, go to the Partial Wakelocks screen.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to goodtimes50 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eboosted
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes50 View Post
PowerManagerService is basically a catch-all for partial wakelocks (wakelocks requested by non system apps). To see which apps are actually requesting the wakelocks, go to the Partial Wakelocks screen.
Is there any way to drill down this service and detect what exactly is draining the battery?

FireBird_89
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by eboosted View Post
Is there any way to drill down this service and detect what exactly is draining the battery?
Use Better Battery Stats. instead of looking at the Kernel Wakelocks, switch it to partial wakelocks, and if I understand correctly, the sum of the partial wakelocks is effectively the powermanagementservice wakelock
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireBird_89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Caoe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just wanted to say that i too had a lot of partial wakelocks draining battery on my SGS3 CM11 (using ART) but I've managed to solve the problem via cleaning the cache in settings->storage. Since then, the CPU is awaken only 19% of time and my batt last 5/6 days with WiFi, Now etc.. (I have a 7000mh zerolemon)

Aitch
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caoe View Post
Just wanted to say that i too had a lot of partial wakelocks draining battery on my SGS3 CM11 (using ART) but I've managed to solve the problem via cleaning the cache in settings->storage. Since then, the CPU is awaken only 19% of time and my batt last 5/6 days with WiFi, Now etc.. (I have a 7000mh zerolemon)
Have you seen any benefits by switching to ART?

If I clean the cache, what will it delete? Will I lose all my App settings and game levels? I have about 54Mb in there.

Florad77
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
Have you seen any benefits by switching to ART?

If I clean the cache, what will it delete? Will I lose all my App settings and game levels? I have about 54Mb in there.
Don't worry you won't lose any important data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Aitch
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florad77 View Post
Don't worry you won't lose any important data.
I just tried clearing and a message came up saying "Security policy restricts clearing of this app's cache."

Is this normal? How can I find out which app is causing the problem?

Note2user301
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a Samsung galaxy note 2 and every time I lock lock my phone it suddenly turns right back on. It's been happening for two days now. I've tried factory reset and hard reset.. nothing seems to work. Looked at several forums but none seem to help either. Use wake lock app and it says this ..see attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-10-15-10-38.png
Views:	2059
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	2736756