FORUMS

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] PowerManagerService wakelock

4th August 2012, 09:01 PM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
I am monitoring my battery through BetterBatteryStatus. I see that the PowerManagerService kernel wakelock is keeping my phone from going to sleep. It keeps the phone on for nearly 120 mins in a day. Any idea of what that could be? I suspect that it is due to the Smart Stay feature of Galaxy S3 and I just disabled it now.
 
 
28th December 2012, 12:58 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 138
 
More
I'm getting this on CM 10.1, so no power stay. Wondering what it is too though.
28th December 2012, 05:51 PM |#3  
Senior Member
OKC
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
PowerManagerService is basically a catch-all for partial wakelocks (wakelocks requested by non system apps). To see which apps are actually requesting the wakelocks, go to the Partial Wakelocks screen.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to goodtimes50 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2013, 10:32 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes50

PowerManagerService is basically a catch-all for partial wakelocks (wakelocks requested by non system apps). To see which apps are actually requesting the wakelocks, go to the Partial Wakelocks screen.

Is there any way to drill down this service and detect what exactly is draining the battery?
1st July 2013, 04:14 AM |#5  
FireBird_89's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eboosted

Is there any way to drill down this service and detect what exactly is draining the battery?

Use Better Battery Stats. instead of looking at the Kernel Wakelocks, switch it to partial wakelocks, and if I understand correctly, the sum of the partial wakelocks is effectively the powermanagementservice wakelock
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireBird_89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2014, 01:45 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Just wanted to say that i too had a lot of partial wakelocks draining battery on my SGS3 CM11 (using ART) but I've managed to solve the problem via cleaning the cache in settings->storage. Since then, the CPU is awaken only 19% of time and my batt last 5/6 days with WiFi, Now etc.. (I have a 7000mh zerolemon)
7th April 2014, 12:43 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caoe

Just wanted to say that i too had a lot of partial wakelocks draining battery on my SGS3 CM11 (using ART) but I've managed to solve the problem via cleaning the cache in settings->storage. Since then, the CPU is awaken only 19% of time and my batt last 5/6 days with WiFi, Now etc.. (I have a 7000mh zerolemon)

Have you seen any benefits by switching to ART?

If I clean the cache, what will it delete? Will I lose all my App settings and game levels? I have about 54Mb in there.
7th April 2014, 03:37 AM |#8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitch

Have you seen any benefits by switching to ART?

If I clean the cache, what will it delete? Will I lose all my App settings and game levels? I have about 54Mb in there.

Don't worry you won't lose any important data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
7th April 2014, 09:47 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florad77

Don't worry you won't lose any important data.

I just tried clearing and a message came up saying "Security policy restricts clearing of this app's cache."

Is this normal? How can I find out which app is causing the problem?
10th May 2014, 11:12 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I have a Samsung galaxy note 2 and every time I lock lock my phone it suddenly turns right back on. It's been happening for two days now. I've tried factory reset and hard reset.. nothing seems to work. Looked at several forums but none seem to help either. Use wake lock app and it says this ..see attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-10-15-10-38.png
Views:	4996
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	2736756  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in AT&T Galaxy S III Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank