If there is another thread on this in the Sprint Galaxy S III forums I apologize. Just going to outline this menu which is found on stock Sprint GS3 Touchwiz roms.
You can use Any Cut, Better Cut, Nova Launcher etc etc to make a shortcut to this menu.
1. Better Cut > New ShortCut > No > All Activities > IOTHiddenMenu(first one listed).
2. Any Cut > ?
3. Nova Launcher > Long press on home screen > Shortcuts > Activities > Scroll to IOTHiddenMenu and click it to expand > Scroll down to the first IOTHiddenMenu in that list(under GPSCLRX)
Now we can open our new shortcut and you should see the following screen...
This menu switches the phone's USB mode when connected to a computer.
MTP (Media Transfer Protocol; device shows up as USB drive)
MTP + ADB (default setting; should be self-explanatory)
PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol; device shows up as camera)
PTP + ADB (should be self-explanatory)
RMNET + DM + MODEM (RMNet = USB virtual Ethernet framework; DM = Diagnostic Mode; Modem = self-explanatory)
DM + MODEM + ADB (self-explanatory) (best setting when using QPST/QXDM/etc)
LTE Mode Menu
I do not have LTE in my area yet. Could anyone detail what some of the options below do exactly? I'm sure one is for LTE only.
TestMode Menu > CDMA > COMMON > NEXT PAGE > NEXT PAGE > PREF MODE SET may be the better alternative to this.
LTE Service Forced
Enable LTE Mode
Enable GLOBAL Mode
Enable CDMA Mode (default)
UMTS > COMMON > NV REBUILD (NV REBUILD, NV BACKUP, NV RESTORE)
Everything else under UMTS either doesn't work.. or isn't worth messing with.
CDMA > COMMON > NEXT PAGE > NEXT PAGE > PREF MODE SET (CDMA/EVDO/LTE, GSM/WCDMA, LTE ONLY, CDMA/LTE, CDMA ONLY, EVDO ONLY)
Everything else under CDMA either doesn't work.. or isn't worth messing with.
Nothing of interest.. just displays LTE debug status.
SIM > CHECK NV (Helps identify possible incorrect settings. Displays current PREF MODE. NV should be set under RTRE Config.)
Not worth messing with anything else in here.
5. run EFS SYNC()
Doesn't do anything.
There are lots of other options in here to mess with but most are broken, not supported or just really not worth messing with. All the MSL settings for example... no matter what.. I can't seem to read/write a new MSL via Test Mode. CDMA > CONTROL > MSL Edit has broken my MSL. *Update* Fixed MSL. I also messed up my EFS playing with the wrong stuff. I was able to recover.. but BE CAREFUL!!
Same menu as hitting ##DATA# on dialer.
- Data Profile - view current data profile
- EVDO - view DDTM setting
- Advanced - view MEID, Vocoder, Slotted Index, ACCOLC etc
- USB Charging - view USB Charging setting
- eHRPD - view eHRPD setting
- PRL Write - Write new PRL with this option. PRL you are writing must be in root of storage and named test.prl
- NAM Block - ??? can anyone explain this?
- Others - view multimedia proxy values(Browser, MMSC, DSS)
- Data Profile - edit data profile
- EVDO - enable/disable DDTM
- Advanced - edit Vocoder, Slotted Index, ACCOLC etc
- USB Charging - enable/disable USB Charging
- eHRPD - enable/disable eHRPD
- Browser - edit browser gateway ip/port/secure port
- MMSC URL - edit MMS url
- DSS - edit DSS server
- Multimedia - edit RTSP and HTTPPD proxy settings
- RC Data -
- HDR/1X Selection - sets data mode... hybrid, cdma only, evdo only etc..
- Voice Privacy - enable/disable voice privacy (disabled by default)
- DTMF Set - set short/long DTMF
- Toggle NAI - enable/disable NAI (enabled by default)
- Korea Mode Set - don't mess with this
- LTE APN Settings - set LTE APN
- Dial Up Networking - enable/disable Dial Up Networking (off by default)
View - view current phone number/msid set.
Edit - write new phone number/msid
Various data debug menus. Nothing new here.
##Phone Util# Menu
UART pda/modem settings. This isn't really needed.
Nothing new here. Same as ##786# dialer code. View phone information for perform a full reset on your device. This wipes /data and /internal memory as well as wiping all OTA provision settings.
Code:##CLEAR# - Reset phone's network settings ##DSA# - DSSOption ##GPSCLRX# - Clear GPS Data ##LOG# - SysDump ##RTN# - RTN Menu (View/Reset) ##SCRTN# - Force OTA reprovisioning ##TTY# - TTY Test Mode ##DEBUG# - Debug Menu - 777468 (1x Eng, 1x Eng Protocol, EVDO Eng RF, EVDO Eng Protocol, LTE Eng, Configuration, Bluetooth, Data Status, eHRPD Eng, Others) ##DATA# - Data Menu (View/Edit) *#06# - Display MSL *#22558463# - Total Call Time Reset *#232331# - Bluetooth RF Field Test *#1111# - Read FTA SW Version *#2222# - Read FTA HW Version *#0228# - Battery Status *#7284# - Phone Util