Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 54,481 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNELS][ONLINE]Online Auto Kernel Repack Beta!

Tip us?

chrisoverson
Old
(Last edited by chrisoverson; 23rd February 2013 at 09:15 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 375

DONATE TO ME
Cool [KERNELS][ONLINE]Online Auto Kernel Repack Beta!

My Automated Online Kernel Repacker

No software or geeky knowledge required!

Here's a link (old site): http://nibble.cc/repack-old/
Link to new Site: http://nibble.cc/repack/

Screenshot:

Hi guys!

I'm just wanting to show an idea I've been developing. Has there ever yet been such a thing as an online automatic kernel repacker? Where you can just upload the source boot.img and the new kernel boot.img and it will repack the two and provide you with a link?

Well... I couldn't find one, so I've made one!

I've designed it to be very simple and easy to use, with instructions included. If enough people like the idea I'll try and see about getting it onto a more permanent home.

Repacked kernels will be added as I am able to test them, and can be found on the Resources page. If you have any particular requests, please post them here and I'll repack and add them to the list if I can.

Also, if you've repacked a kernel using this site and have tested it successfully on your device, can you please post on here with the name of the ROM, Kernel and the Unix time code (the 10 digit number) from the download link. This will allow me to add it to the list of pre-packaged kernels for future users.

Update: The Kernel Re-packer has now been uploaded to it's new home - a dedicated Linux server. You should be able to upload/download kernels much faster now, as the server I'm using has a 1GB/s connection . Upload times should now be limited only by your own bandwidth, enjoy!

Please thank or donate if this has been useful to you. Also feel free to leave feedback, comments, requests, ideas, complaints or anything else below!

Thanks guys

- I'm a bit of a newbie in Android development... so please forgive me if anything I've done or written is wrong, I have a fair bit of computer/website/programming experience and I'm trying to expand into the droid universe.
The Following 278 Users Say Thank You to chrisoverson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisoverson
Old
(Last edited by chrisoverson; 7th August 2012 at 05:36 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 375

DONATE TO ME
Changelog:
- Everything now moved across to a new server with 1GB/s bandwidth
- Added error page to display if files are uploaded incorrectly
- Added status display to let you know when the files are uploading
- Fixed first glitch: "Not Found" error
- Added more to the description to make the process easier to understand
- Tested a couple more kernels, added to "Resources Page"

Tested ROMS:
- Cyanogen 10
- Android Revolution HD

Todo:
- Redesign site appearance
- Add more pre-packed images as they are tested

Note: I'll likely make it look prettier in the future too, I didn't consider that all too important till I know if people will use it .
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to chrisoverson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frooss
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Great work, What about add "recent re-packed" to help NOOB people ?
Thank you
My Device:
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 < my last samsung tab they update their new devices & keep old people wait...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frooss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisoverson
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 375

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by frooss View Post
Great work, What about add "recent re-packed" to help NOOB people ?
Thank you
Under "resources" you can find a couple of ones I've already repacked... although I realize the title of that page probably doesn't make it clear .

I plan on adding lots more to that list when I'm on a faster server, this method allows me to repack kernels very quickly - it only takes a couple of clicks and a few seconds at my end .
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chrisoverson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TUN_SD
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4829

DONATE TO ME
Not Found

The requested URL /repack/1344145956/boot-repacked.img was not found on this server.

sry, itīs not working for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to TUN_SD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sirbilbo
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUN_SD View Post
Not Found

The requested URL /repack/1344145956/boot-repacked.img was not found on this server.

sry, itīs not working for me.
when i tried i got the same...
The requested URL /repack/1344147269/boot-repacked.img was not found on this server.
Current phone and ROM: Samsung Galaxy S4 Black Mist. Rooted.
ROM: I9505 XXUGNF1 (4.4.2) CarHDRom V27.0 Kernel: Adam Radio/Modem: NEE , Mod:Theme S5
Recovery:
TWRP , Microsd: 32GB , Camera: Stock. Battery: Stock 2600 mA
"If it ain’t broke, fix it ‘til it is !"
(if i helped you ... you know you can always hit thanks button, thx in advance)
The Following User Says Thank You to sirbilbo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisoverson
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 375

DONATE TO ME
Ah, sorry about that!

How long did it take for your upload to go through? I'm fairly sure this issue occurs when the php session times out before you get as far as the download.

I've extended the session length and tweaked a couple of other bits, it shouldn't do that anymore, but I'll get a couple of people to test at my end .

What do you think of the idea in general?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrisoverson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

philippebla
Old
Thanks Meter 20
: Victoire:

yep

work good for me with android revolution hd 8.0.0 and faux 123 5b1 !! good job
The Following User Says Thank You to philippebla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisoverson
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 375

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by philippebla View Post
: Victoire:

yep

work good for me with android revolution hd 8.0.0 and faux 123 5b1 !! good job
Yay!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chrisoverson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisoverson
Old
(Last edited by chrisoverson; 5th August 2012 at 11:46 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 375

DONATE TO ME
Original post reformatted to make for an easier read, and earlier bugs resolved .

Please report back if this works for you - if you include the unix time code (the 10 digit number in the download link) along with the ROM name and Kernel name then I can add your boot image to the list of repacked kernels.

Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chrisoverson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
kernels, online, repacked, upload