Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,692 Members 52,884 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is your TF700 a keeper?

Tip us?

alienedd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Crazy thing happened today. Thought I'd mention it here as it is a little relevant, since I failed my checklist before on OTAs and Bootloader Unlocking.
For the past 4 days, did not receive OTAs and could not unlock. Today no OTAs, but I managed to unlock. Just like 30 minutes ago, I got my OTA after having unlocked! Whiskey Tango Hotel, man? You mean to tell me that I couldn't get OTAs when I should've got them but got them after I unlocked which should've removed me from getting them? Weirdness...
Not ranting, just befuddled.
Yay I'm on stock .26 now.
HTC Wizard - WM 5.5 (stolen )
B&N Nook Color - CM7.2 Mirage KANG : 06/23
Xperia x10 Mini Pro - CM10 - 4.0.2 mimmi w/ nAa JB v3 kernal
Acer A100 - Flex A100 Reaper : 27 May
TF700 Infinity + TF201 Dock - CleanROM 2.4
Want to know Is your TF700 a keeper?
Problems getting root on your TF700? Roots! Bloody roots!
New Blog

DroidOWL
Old
Thanks Meter 10
so far, yes it's a keeper

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

AspenMan
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Haven't tried HDMI yet but everything else works great on mine. Just a tad of light bleed on the right side when the screen is very dark, I only notice it when I stat the tablet. Otherwise it's great, can't wait to see what it will do with some dev love...

I dig this tab...
Technophile
Too many tablets/phones/watches/etc to list...

Lets waste some money, and have fun doing it....

Best OTG cable ever!

snyph3r
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspenMan View Post
Haven't tried HDMI yet but everything else works great on mine. Just a tad of light bleed on the right side when the screen is very dark, I only notice it when I stat the tablet. Otherwise it's great, can't wait to see what it will do with some dev love...

I dig this tab...
Returned my first one, too laggy even after the manual update..definitely a lemon....the replacement is a lot better with no lag and no issues...this ones a keeper!

bhambalek
Old
(Last edited by bhambalek; 11th August 2012 at 11:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
I wanna say my GPS is broken. It's turned on, and location via Wi-Fi is off. Maps can't find a location, and after a couple minutes of waiting, the app GPS Test doesn't show any satellite connections. I was outside during these tests to make sure I could get the strongest signal possible. Is anybody else having these issues as well?

Edit: GPS does work for me. At first I was a bit skeptical, but the device had a hard time connecting to the satellites. I live in a brick house with a tin roof, so any kind of wireless signal's murdered around here. I just had to step further away from my house to get a better signal. I'm going to blame partially the rainy weather and trees covering my yard for blocking my signal. Oh, and orientation is everything apparently. I was resting my tablet on my lap, but when I held it vertically, the GPS signals improved immensely. So, point being, if you're having GPS connection issues, make sure you're in an area with a strong signal, and hold the device correctly.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

the_game_master
Old
Thanks Meter 54
The only problem I've seen with the Infinity is with the mouse cursor glitch when docked with the keyboard. This only started happening yesterday where the cursor turns into a vertical rectangle and then it becomes difficult to a select a text field to type. Only way to clear it is to shut down, power back up (wish they added a restart option like the Playbook has).

connordroid
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I Returned my first unit. There was a clicking sound if i pressed lightly on the bottom right corner. (Right about where my right thumb would lay when holding it horizontal) It felt like the glass was not glued properly. Both seem very snappy but both have a bit of light bleed which is slightly annoying but not a big deal IMO. I Will test all other functions tonight.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

skyterrier
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by connordroid View Post
I Returned my first unit. There was a clicking sound if i pressed lightly on the bottom right corner. (Right about where my right thumb would lay when holding it horizontal) It felt like the glass was not glued properly. Both seem very snappy but both have a bit of light bleed which is slightly annoying but not a big deal IMO. I Will test all other functions tonight.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app
After six months of waiting for the software updates that were going to fix my TFP I just got a new TF700. It is such a breath of fresh air! Everything I try just works like it is supposed to. WiFi, HDMI, GPS...... Sure looks like Asus has the winner they could have had with the Prime.

alienedd
Old
(Last edited by alienedd; 11th August 2012 at 02:09 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhambalek View Post
I wanna say my GPS is broken. It's turned on, and location via Wi-Fi is off. Maps can't find a location, and after a couple minutes of waiting, the app GPS Test doesn't show any satellite connections. I was outside during these tests to make sure I could get the strongest signal possible. Is anybody else having these issues as well?

Edit: GPS does work for me. At first I was a bit skeptical, but the device had a hard time connecting to the satellites. I live in a brick house with a tin roof, so any kind of wireless signal's murdered around here. I just had to step further away from my house to get a better signal. I'm going to blame partially the rainy weather and trees covering my yard for blocking my signal. Oh, and orientation is everything apparently. I was resting my tablet on my lap, but when I held it vertically, the GPS signals improved immensely. So, point being, if you're having GPS connection issues, make sure you're in an area with a strong signal, and hold the device correctly.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
Added to the OP:
When GPS is working, you should see a little circle with a blinking dot inside in the lower right-hand corner. Sometimes, the dot might not blink and can seem to influence how well GPS programs work. Its a strange thing but with a simple solution (from myself encountering it on both the TF300 and the TF700): just open the notifications bar and close it again. The dot should be blinking. If not, try actually turning off and then turning back on the GPS via the notifications bar.

Do you think this is the problem you've encountered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_game_master View Post
The only problem I've seen with the Infinity is with the mouse cursor glitch when docked with the keyboard. This only started happening yesterday where the cursor turns into a vertical rectangle and then it becomes difficult to a select a text field to type. Only way to clear it is to shut down, power back up (wish they added a restart option like the Playbook has).
I haven't encountered this issue so I don't know anything else about it. Could you point me to a thread concerning the issue? To resolve the issue of this "rectangular cursor", have you tried switching to the gesture option to see if it also has the same issue or if it can "reset" the mouse cursor?

Also, I've had good results with using Quickboot to restart easily.
HTC Wizard - WM 5.5 (stolen )
B&N Nook Color - CM7.2 Mirage KANG : 06/23
Xperia x10 Mini Pro - CM10 - 4.0.2 mimmi w/ nAa JB v3 kernal
Acer A100 - Flex A100 Reaper : 27 May
TF700 Infinity + TF201 Dock - CleanROM 2.4
Want to know Is your TF700 a keeper?
Problems getting root on your TF700? Roots! Bloody roots!
New Blog

Druidika
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I returned my first infinity because of screen seperation, light bleeding, IO and pretty much all issues people had with it. The replacement has none of these issues at all. I have about 22 gigs of music on the tablet with embedded album art.. my old Infinity would grind to a halt trying to load these images in the stock player, the new one just smoothly scrolls. It's awesome.

Tags
tf700, tf700 issues, tf700 problems