OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Q.is there a task killer that close apps forever?

OP kfirbep

5th August 2012, 03:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

435 posts
everytime i kill app in the running apps it returns after few minuts(like facebook or wahtsapp or maps tap tap etc)
it there any task killer that will kill those apps and wond let them to work again?everyone of them taking sometime lot of ram and its very annoying.
5th August 2012, 04:06 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 15

141 posts
jummy's rom toolbox can kill the intent that prevents some apps from launching (doesn't apply on all apps, some apps like hungry sharks can't be prevented from running, I don't know why).

or you can install an alternative app (for example, facebook) that does not run on background
6th August 2012, 09:54 AM   |  #3  
Flag Kragujevac
Thanks Meter: 217

801 posts
when i see that app or game has background service with out good reason its always uninstall ,facebook need to have it becauce of push notification so i live it.
6th August 2012, 05:49 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

435 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZonikg

when i see that app or game has background service with out good reason its always uninstall ,facebook need to have it becauce of push notification so i live it.

yes but i wish it could be like in ios device that when you close a program its done and it wont take ram again unless i will open it.
7th August 2012, 02:10 AM   |  #5  
Flag Kragujevac

801 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfirbep

yes but i wish it could be like in ios device that when you close a program its done and it wont take ram again unless i will open it.

Ios is not realy multitasking.Android is much better but some developers use it in a wrong way and dont care about your recoures..that is why its uninstall for me..its same on windows..when i instaled official facebook massenger for windows which is crapy simple program i notice that it uses 30% of my cpy which is quad core and 250 mb of ram which is absurd..it shoud use 0.01% of cpy and 10 mb of ram max...i try tu reinstall and the same so uninstall 2..most developers are lazy and dont optimise at all because they thing it will run so why bothering..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
7th August 2012, 08:41 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

435 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZonikg

Ios is not realy multitasking.Android is much better but some developers use it in a wrong way and dont care about your recoures..that is why its uninstall for me..its same on windows..when i instaled official facebook massenger for windows which is crapy simple program i notice that it uses 30% of my cpy which is quad core and 250 mb of ram which is absurd..it shoud use 0.01% of cpy and 10 mb of ram max...i try tu reinstall and the same so uninstall 2..most developers are lazy and dont optimise at all because they thing it will run so why bothering..

Even that ios is not a real multi tasking for me it still smart "multi tasking"because when you exit an app in the middle of something it will freeze it and keep it on low memory and in that way you can open lot of apps and run which one that you want.
And in there when you close an app it wont return to after 5 minuts so you will need to close it again(like whatsapp,facebook,maps,etc)
If I had a 1gb of ram I wouldn't care that whastapp and facebook are open,but I have 512 ram that from that I only have max 220 of free ram so I can't let apps like facebook and whatsapp to be open

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda premium
10th August 2012, 07:59 PM   |  #7  
Flag Kragujevac

801 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfirbep

Even that ios is not a real multi tasking for me it still smart "multi tasking"because when you exit an app in the middle of something it will freeze it and keep it on low memory and in that way you can open lot of apps and run which one that you want.
And in there when you close an app it wont return to after 5 minuts so you will need to close it again(like whatsapp,facebook,maps,etc)
If I had a 1gb of ram I wouldn't care that whastapp and facebook are open,but I have 512 ram that from that I only have max 220 of free ram so I can't let apps like facebook and whatsapp to be open

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda premium

They you would not have push notification..if someone send you facebook message you see it same second no matter you are on facebook or not.But i agree that google apps like maps just dont need to have background service.

27th September 2012, 11:02 AM   |  #8  
Flag manila
Thanks Meter: 210

1,047 posts
More
try freeze apps using Link2SD.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread