Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more

Do You Use Recents as a Task Switcher?

Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for … more

YU Yureka All-in-One ToolBox (CM12S Only)

This packed toolbox by XDA Senior Member gohel.vishal makes many useful tweaks … more

Sony Xperia Z4 Forum Now Available

Sony’s Xperia line has seen plenty of development on XDA, and now that the Xperia Z4 has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Q.is there a task killer that close apps forever?

5th August 2012, 02:42 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
435 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
everytime i kill app in the running apps it returns after few minuts(like facebook or wahtsapp or maps tap tap etc)
it there any task killer that will kill those apps and wond let them to work again?everyone of them taking sometime lot of ram and its very annoying.
 
 
5th August 2012, 03:06 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
141 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
jummy's rom toolbox can kill the intent that prevents some apps from launching (doesn't apply on all apps, some apps like hungry sharks can't be prevented from running, I don't know why).

or you can install an alternative app (for example, facebook) that does not run on background
6th August 2012, 08:54 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Kragujevac
Thanks Meter: 219
 
802 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
when i see that app or game has background service with out good reason its always uninstall ,facebook need to have it becauce of push notification so i live it.
6th August 2012, 04:49 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
435 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZonikg

when i see that app or game has background service with out good reason its always uninstall ,facebook need to have it becauce of push notification so i live it.

yes but i wish it could be like in ios device that when you close a program its done and it wont take ram again unless i will open it.
7th August 2012, 01:10 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Kragujevac
Thanks Meter: 219
 
802 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfirbep

yes but i wish it could be like in ios device that when you close a program its done and it wont take ram again unless i will open it.

Ios is not realy multitasking.Android is much better but some developers use it in a wrong way and dont care about your recoures..that is why its uninstall for me..its same on windows..when i instaled official facebook massenger for windows which is crapy simple program i notice that it uses 30% of my cpy which is quad core and 250 mb of ram which is absurd..it shoud use 0.01% of cpy and 10 mb of ram max...i try tu reinstall and the same so uninstall 2..most developers are lazy and dont optimise at all because they thing it will run so why bothering..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
7th August 2012, 07:41 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
435 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZonikg

Ios is not realy multitasking.Android is much better but some developers use it in a wrong way and dont care about your recoures..that is why its uninstall for me..its same on windows..when i instaled official facebook massenger for windows which is crapy simple program i notice that it uses 30% of my cpy which is quad core and 250 mb of ram which is absurd..it shoud use 0.01% of cpy and 10 mb of ram max...i try tu reinstall and the same so uninstall 2..most developers are lazy and dont optimise at all because they thing it will run so why bothering..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

Even that ios is not a real multi tasking for me it still smart "multi tasking"because when you exit an app in the middle of something it will freeze it and keep it on low memory and in that way you can open lot of apps and run which one that you want.
And in there when you close an app it wont return to after 5 minuts so you will need to close it again(like whatsapp,facebook,maps,etc)
If I had a 1gb of ram I wouldn't care that whastapp and facebook are open,but I have 512 ram that from that I only have max 220 of free ram so I can't let apps like facebook and whatsapp to be open

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda premium
10th August 2012, 06:59 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Kragujevac
Thanks Meter: 219
 
802 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfirbep

Even that ios is not a real multi tasking for me it still smart "multi tasking"because when you exit an app in the middle of something it will freeze it and keep it on low memory and in that way you can open lot of apps and run which one that you want.
And in there when you close an app it wont return to after 5 minuts so you will need to close it again(like whatsapp,facebook,maps,etc)
If I had a 1gb of ram I wouldn't care that whastapp and facebook are open,but I have 512 ram that from that I only have max 220 of free ram so I can't let apps like facebook and whatsapp to be open

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda premium

They you would not have push notification..if someone send you facebook message you see it same second no matter you are on facebook or not.But i agree that google apps like maps just dont need to have background service.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
27th September 2012, 10:02 AM |#8  
rockerblood's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag manila
Thanks Meter: 218
 
1,088 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
try freeze apps using Link2SD.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes