FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

SMS failing to send

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By GenTsoChkn, Member on 5th August 2012, 05:47 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I looked through and only found a thread from the previous forums that talked about this with no apparent fix.

I'm having an issue where I will occasionally have my messages fail, even with full signal. The message will go grey after an attempt to send and then show an exclamation point for the fail. Sometimes it allows me to send if I go into airplane mode, which for some reason will take a long time sometimes, and then turn off air plane mode. That usually fixes the issue. I can also just try and resend and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I'm afraid that if after like four times that I get the fail on the same message that I did indeed send it all those times like some people have suggested. It happens to texts that are short and long. I've tried connecting to wifi when it happens at my place, but that doesn't necessarily fix it either.

I don't know if when this is happening if I can receive phone calls, but that would probably be something I should try if I'm out with some friends when it happens.

Anyone else experienced this, or know of something that could possibly fix it?
 
 
5th August 2012, 05:51 PM |#2  
xxjrsmith3xx's Avatar
Senior Member
Corona
Thanks Meter: 123
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenTsoChkn

I looked through and only found a thread from the previous forums that talked about this with no apparent fix.

I'm having an issue where I will occasionally have my messages fail, even with full signal. The message will go grey after an attempt to send and then show an exclamation point for the fail. Sometimes it allows me to send if I go into airplane mode, which for some reason will take a long time sometimes, and then turn off air plane mode. That usually fixes the issue. I can also just try and resend and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I'm afraid that if after like four times that I get the fail on the same message that I did indeed send it all those times like some people have suggested. It happens to texts that are short and long. I've tried connecting to wifi when it happens at my place, but that doesn't necessarily fix it either.

I don't know if when this is happening if I can receive phone calls, but that would probably be something I should try if I'm out with some friends when it happens.

Anyone else experienced this, or know of something that could possibly fix it?

What ROM are you on?
5th August 2012, 05:56 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
That happens to me sometimes too. Even when its still sending like it has that loading bubble next to the message the other person will receive it. I've had that happen where i got a reply for my message which according to the messaging app was not yet sent.

But yeah its quite annoying when it happens. WiFi calling feature does not help either. I use the airplane trick like you said and it usually works.
5th August 2012, 06:06 PM |#4  
GenTsoChkn's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjrsmith3xx

What ROM are you on?

I'm only using stock on this phone, and I haven't rooted.
5th August 2012, 07:50 PM |#5  
Zephyron's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
What messaging app are you using

Sent from my SGH-T999
5th August 2012, 09:10 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Stock messaging app

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
6th August 2012, 01:39 AM |#7  
GenTsoChkn's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyron

What messaging app are you using

Sent from my SGH-T999

Stock everything
6th August 2012, 12:12 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
This happens to me also about once a day. I can be right in the middle of a conversation and it will just stop sending even if im on wifi.
8th August 2012, 04:46 AM |#9  
GenTsoChkn's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
So I'm guessing no one has a fix for this or any ideas on why it happens.
8th August 2012, 05:56 AM |#10  
Andrew149's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Modesto CA
Thanks Meter: 239
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenTsoChkn

So I'm guessing no one has a fix for this or any ideas on why it happens.

happens randomly on my att gs3 also
8th August 2012, 06:12 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 844
 
More
I think this is possibly a gsm thing as my sprint s3 never did this for the 2 weeks I had it. It happens to me on tmo and I have to do the wireless off then on.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sms
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes