Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

SMS failing to send

OP GenTsoChkn

5th August 2012, 06:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 3

40 posts
More
I looked through and only found a thread from the previous forums that talked about this with no apparent fix.

I'm having an issue where I will occasionally have my messages fail, even with full signal. The message will go grey after an attempt to send and then show an exclamation point for the fail. Sometimes it allows me to send if I go into airplane mode, which for some reason will take a long time sometimes, and then turn off air plane mode. That usually fixes the issue. I can also just try and resend and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I'm afraid that if after like four times that I get the fail on the same message that I did indeed send it all those times like some people have suggested. It happens to texts that are short and long. I've tried connecting to wifi when it happens at my place, but that doesn't necessarily fix it either.

I don't know if when this is happening if I can receive phone calls, but that would probably be something I should try if I'm out with some friends when it happens.

Anyone else experienced this, or know of something that could possibly fix it?
5th August 2012, 06:51 PM   |  #2  
Corona
Thanks Meter: 122

597 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenTsoChkn

I looked through and only found a thread from the previous forums that talked about this with no apparent fix.

I'm having an issue where I will occasionally have my messages fail, even with full signal. The message will go grey after an attempt to send and then show an exclamation point for the fail. Sometimes it allows me to send if I go into airplane mode, which for some reason will take a long time sometimes, and then turn off air plane mode. That usually fixes the issue. I can also just try and resend and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I'm afraid that if after like four times that I get the fail on the same message that I did indeed send it all those times like some people have suggested. It happens to texts that are short and long. I've tried connecting to wifi when it happens at my place, but that doesn't necessarily fix it either.

I don't know if when this is happening if I can receive phone calls, but that would probably be something I should try if I'm out with some friends when it happens.

Anyone else experienced this, or know of something that could possibly fix it?

What ROM are you on?
5th August 2012, 06:56 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 63

763 posts
That happens to me sometimes too. Even when its still sending like it has that loading bubble next to the message the other person will receive it. I've had that happen where i got a reply for my message which according to the messaging app was not yet sent.

But yeah its quite annoying when it happens. WiFi calling feature does not help either. I use the airplane trick like you said and it usually works.
5th August 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Florida

40 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjrsmith3xx

What ROM are you on?

I'm only using stock on this phone, and I haven't rooted.
5th August 2012, 08:50 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 12

330 posts
More
What messaging app are you using

Sent from my SGH-T999
5th August 2012, 10:10 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 63

763 posts
Stock messaging app

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
6th August 2012, 02:39 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Florida

40 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyron

What messaging app are you using

Sent from my SGH-T999

Stock everything
6th August 2012, 01:12 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
This happens to me also about once a day. I can be right in the middle of a conversation and it will just stop sending even if im on wifi.
8th August 2012, 05:46 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Florida

40 posts
More
So I'm guessing no one has a fix for this or any ideas on why it happens.
8th August 2012, 06:56 AM   |  #10  
Flag Modesto CA
Thanks Meter: 232

1,427 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenTsoChkn

So I'm guessing no one has a fix for this or any ideas on why it happens.

happens randomly on my att gs3 also

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sms
Previous Thread Next Thread