Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 38,403 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SMS failing to send

Tip us?

GenTsoChkn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default SMS failing to send

I looked through and only found a thread from the previous forums that talked about this with no apparent fix.

I'm having an issue where I will occasionally have my messages fail, even with full signal. The message will go grey after an attempt to send and then show an exclamation point for the fail. Sometimes it allows me to send if I go into airplane mode, which for some reason will take a long time sometimes, and then turn off air plane mode. That usually fixes the issue. I can also just try and resend and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I'm afraid that if after like four times that I get the fail on the same message that I did indeed send it all those times like some people have suggested. It happens to texts that are short and long. I've tried connecting to wifi when it happens at my place, but that doesn't necessarily fix it either.

I don't know if when this is happening if I can receive phone calls, but that would probably be something I should try if I'm out with some friends when it happens.

Anyone else experienced this, or know of something that could possibly fix it?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

xxjrsmith3xx
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenTsoChkn View Post
I looked through and only found a thread from the previous forums that talked about this with no apparent fix.

I'm having an issue where I will occasionally have my messages fail, even with full signal. The message will go grey after an attempt to send and then show an exclamation point for the fail. Sometimes it allows me to send if I go into airplane mode, which for some reason will take a long time sometimes, and then turn off air plane mode. That usually fixes the issue. I can also just try and resend and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I'm afraid that if after like four times that I get the fail on the same message that I did indeed send it all those times like some people have suggested. It happens to texts that are short and long. I've tried connecting to wifi when it happens at my place, but that doesn't necessarily fix it either.

I don't know if when this is happening if I can receive phone calls, but that would probably be something I should try if I'm out with some friends when it happens.

Anyone else experienced this, or know of something that could possibly fix it?
What ROM are you on?
Phone: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note III

circuit.007
Old
Thanks Meter 63
That happens to me sometimes too. Even when its still sending like it has that loading bubble next to the message the other person will receive it. I've had that happen where i got a reply for my message which according to the messaging app was not yet sent.

But yeah its quite annoying when it happens. WiFi calling feature does not help either. I use the airplane trick like you said and it usually works.

GenTsoChkn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjrsmith3xx View Post
What ROM are you on?
I'm only using stock on this phone, and I haven't rooted.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Zephyron
Old
Thanks Meter 12
What messaging app are you using

Sent from my SGH-T999

circuit.007
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Stock messaging app

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

GenTsoChkn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyron View Post
What messaging app are you using

Sent from my SGH-T999
Stock everything
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Amplifys
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This happens to me also about once a day. I can be right in the middle of a conversation and it will just stop sending even if im on wifi.

GenTsoChkn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
So I'm guessing no one has a fix for this or any ideas on why it happens.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Andrew149
Old
Thanks Meter 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenTsoChkn View Post
So I'm guessing no one has a fix for this or any ideas on why it happens.
happens randomly on my att gs3 also
Droid 1,Apple Iphone 4,Samsung Captivate,Motorola Atrix,Samsung Galaxy s2,Apple Iphone 4s,Samsung Galaxy s3,HTC One X+, Asus Nexus 7 2012,Samsung Galaxy Note 2,Samsung Galaxy S4,Nexus 5,Note 3

Current Devices-Nexus 7 2013, HTC One M8.

Tags
sms