[ROM] VegaBean for Advent Vega / PoV Mobii Tegra and other P10AN01 clones
This ROM is based of the joined effort of a couple of devs (Ejtable, Scanno and Brucelee666) who are working on getting JellyBean working for our device. As soon as JellyBean is getting stable, my goal is also to put everything on github, just like i did with VegaCream. This way other devs can also work on this.
Please remember that I, ejtagle and brucelee666 are *NOT*
professionals and do this in our spare time. We all have full time jobs and a family. So be happy that there is an Android ROM based on Android 4.1.1 / JellyBean for a device that was sold with Android 2.2 and never had an update.
We do our best to make this ROM as good as possible. With VegaCream we gave you a ROM that gave a new life to your tablet and unleashed its full potential. But we are not wizzards and there might be problems that we cannot solve or do not have time for.
This ROM is based on AOSP 4.1.1 and the device config made by Ejtagle, brucelee666 and myself.
- INT2EXT+ (Needs a correctly partitioned SDCard)
- DPI is set at 120dpi
- Default JellyBean Launcher installed
- Apex Launcher installed
- Filemanager installed
- Terminal installed
- Google Apps is installed. This means that the Google base is installed and all the apps that are available in the Play Store are not installed (i.e. GMail, Maps)
- All languages that are available in AOSP are included
- Partition layout is the same as VegaCream / VegaICS beta1 / Modded stock
- /system/app, /system/lib, /system/fonts, /system/framework and /system/usr are Squashfs filesystems.
There are 2 methods of installation. There is a CWM recovery flashable ZIP and a NVFlash file.
I realy recommend flashing VegaBean the first time with the NVFlash version
Before installing any version, you have to make sure that you have a SDCard that has the correct partition layout:
- First partition is a primary partition formatted as FAT32
- Second partition is a primary partition formatted as EXT4
EXT4 is a linux filesystem so you will need a program that can handle Linux filesystems when you are using Windows.
Before installing the ZIP file make sure that:
- You have the correct partition layout
(if you have VegaCream installed, you have the correct layout, if not then use the NVFlash installer. This will repartition your internal memory))
- Copy the ZIP file to your SD-Card
- Boot into Recovery
- Do a FULL WIPE / FACTORY RESET
- Install the ZIP file from your SDCard
- After installing reboot the tablet.
- Bluetooth (Tested with a A2DP headset)
- HDMI including audio
- 3G (only fro the Huawei internal modem, usb modems may work)
- GPS not tested by me, but some say it kind of works.
- LeoP for his zRAM implementation
- Legionaire (for the VegaBean bootanimation)