Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,514 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone Cannot Connect To Odin

Tip us?

motomoose68
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Phone Cannot Connect To Odin

Accidentally flashed GT-I9100_OLD_BOOTLOADER.tar kernal on SPH-D710 using Odin. Was trying to get rid of Yellow triangle, which worked. Now phone will not connect to Odin.
Cables are fine. Drivers are fine. Phone connects to PC and can explore the internal and external storage.
Phone is rooted and is not bricked. Phone only has stock recovery, so not sure if rom or kernals can be flashed that way.

Help!!

Can Stock Recovery "apply update from sdcard" be used to flash correct kernal, unroot to stock using HOME_SPH-D710_CL852097_user.tar.md5, or re-root using SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED-OneClick.exe can be flashed?

If not, how else can this be fixed?

dante32278
Old
Thanks Meter 327
You're at risk for a brick.....you can try to use mobile Odin to install one of sfhubs one click installs to your phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to dante32278 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MoHoGalore
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomoose68 View Post
Accidentally flashed GT-I9100_OLD_BOOTLOADER.tar kernal on SPH-D710 using Odin. Was trying to get rid of Yellow triangle, which worked. Now phone will not connect to Odin.
Cables are fine. Drivers are fine. Phone connects to PC and can explore the internal and external storage.
Phone is rooted and is not bricked. Phone only has stock recovery, so not sure if rom or kernals can be flashed that way.

Help!!

Can Stock Recovery "apply update from sdcard" be used to flash correct kernal, unroot to stock using HOME_SPH-D710_CL852097_user.tar.md5, or re-root using SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED-OneClick.exe can be flashed?

If not, how else can this be fixed?
Are you putting your phone in download mode prior to using Odin?
And Dante is right. use sfhubs ff18 one click.

motomoose68
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Mobile ODIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante32278 View Post
You're at risk for a brick.....you can try to use mobile Odin to install one of sfhubs one click installs to your phone.

Thanks Dante!

Mobile Odin makes sense in this situation. I searched the market and find ChainFire's [root] Mobile ODIN Pro. Is this the only one/the one you recommend?

motomoose68
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default ODIN Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGalore View Post
Are you putting your phone in download mode prior to using Odin?
And Dante is right. use sfhubs ff18 one click.

Yes, I am putting the phone into download mode prior to connecting to PC. I don't have any problem with this my other phone, so I know it's not my method or cables.

I have SFHUB's oneclick downloaded, hopefully I can flash it with Mobile ODIN.

Thanks.

MoHoGalore
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomoose68 View Post
Yes, I am putting the phone into download mode prior to connecting to PC. I don't have any problem with this my other phone, so I know it's not my method or cables.

I have SFHUB's oneclick downloaded, hopefully I can flash it with Mobile ODIN.

Thanks.
Right on. Just had to ask. Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to MoHoGalore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

motomoose68
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Mobile ODIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante32278 View Post

Do recommend
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...highlight=root
or another sfhub file from
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=869
The instructions in the first link mention using ZArchiver to unpack the .tar file. Should this be done, or can Mobile Odin do it?
It looks like Mobile Odin can do it under the "Open fie" option.

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-
Old
(Last edited by -EViL-KoNCEPTz-; 6th August 2012 at 03:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3,495

DONATE TO ME
Your phone won't connect to.Odin cuz you flashed a bootloader for the wrong device(international gs2). I don't even know if flashing a bootloader thru mobile Odin is even possible. You may need to send it to have it jtag'd to fix this oopsie and hopefully you learned a valuable lesson, which is read, read again get ready to proceed read once more and then read it again, then read it while you're doing whatever it is you're doing. With so many variants of the gs2 floating around reading is your best defense against fubars like these
ETA: no mobile Odin won't flash a bootloader, so Jtag will be your only option and it runs ~$50. Check out mobiletechvideos for jtag service

We are legion, for we are many.

Sent from the DarkSide of the GalaXy with a MEK device

motomoose68
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Boot Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by -EViL-KoNCEPTz- View Post
Your phone won't connect to.Odin cuz you flashed a bootloader for the wrong device(international gs2). I don't even know if flashing a bootloader thru mobile Odin is even possible. You may need to send it to have it jtag'd to fix this oopsie and hopefully you learned a valuable lesson, which is read, read again get ready to proceed read once more and then read it again, then read it while you're doing whatever it is you're doing. With so many variants of the gs2 floating around reading is your best defense against fubars like these

Thanks for your reply. I agree and understand about reading and being careful. I try to do this, but unfortunately find it very hard to locate the correct information.

Can you give me a little clearer explanation of what "send it to have it jtag'd" means, and how to do it?

motomoose68
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Boot Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by -EViL-KoNCEPTz- View Post
ETA: no mobile Odin won't flash a bootloader, so Jtag will be your only option and it runs ~$50. Check out mobiletechvideos for jtag service

I take it, that a One Click from sfhub won't include a bootloader.?

Sorry, missed the second half about the jtag.