Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 45,135 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Your opinion on the HTC Rezound Otterbox Defender Series Case
Prefer it over any other case 3 17.65%
Like it enough to use it 4 23.53%
Deal with it 3 17.65%
Don't care for it 3 17.65%
Hate it 2 11.76%
Would never buy it 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

HTC Rezound Otterbox Defender Series

Tip us?

MNRezound
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC Rezound Otterbox Defender Series

I'm new to this forum, but experienced on others. So, here I go.

I bought the Otterbox Defender Series case for my HTC Rezound not too long ago, off of htcpedia.com for a somewhat discounted price. At the time I bought my phone I bought the Verizon 2750mAh extended battery as well, and the Defender seemed to be the only case I was really interested in getting that covered the bigger battery. So far, I've loved the protection, the durability, and the ease of changing between the regular battery and extended battery, as well as getting it on and off quickly.

My question in starting this post is, do you like it?

I find it quite bulky when inside pockets, and it's hard to get out once it's buried in there. It's huge, and God-awful looking some days in my opinion. But for the protection, I think it is definitely worth the money.

bond32
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNRezound View Post
I'm new to this forum, but experienced on others. So, here I go.

I bought the Otterbox Defender Series case for my HTC Rezound not too long ago, off of htcpedia.com for a somewhat discounted price. At the time I bought my phone I bought the Verizon 2750mAh extended battery as well, and the Defender seemed to be the only case I was really interested in getting that covered the bigger battery. So far, I've loved the protection, the durability, and the ease of changing between the regular battery and extended battery, as well as getting it on and off quickly.

My question in starting this post is, do you like it?

I find it quite bulky when inside pockets, and it's hard to get out once it's buried in there. It's huge, and God-awful looking some days in my opinion. But for the protection, I think it is definitely worth the money.
Have you seen the defender for the Razr? It fits so much better, I guess because of the size.

rezin
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 6
i absolutely love my defender case...i just love the feel of the phone bare more especially since i hate the plastic screen protector (i popped it off the defender case)...i ordered an ext. battery so imma have to debate if im gonna butcher the back of the battery cover and otterbox

blestsol
Old
Thanks Meter 410
I'm still considering getting one. Using Verizon extended battery and case atm.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Squirrel1620
Old
Thanks Meter 255
If your gonna pop off the hard plastic screen protector just but the commuter edition I have it and it's very durable it goes through a lot of abuse and no damage whatsoever

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

Brttclne22
Old
Thanks Meter 1
How'd you fit the extended battery? By just leaving the back off or cutting? I've seen where others have done that but I wanted to get your opinion. Got my extended battery on the way, already have the defender and love it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

mefloump
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I had the case for a weekend and ended up selling it here because I did not like the bulk it added to the phone. I would like to add that it does protect better than any other case I have seen. I ended up going with a body glove case as I like how it goes together and slim profile. Just my 2 cents.

TabbedOut
Old
(Last edited by TabbedOut; 8th August 2012 at 09:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
I've actually got this case on my Rezound, but with the mugen 4000 battery. What I did was cut down the standard cover and the otterbox cover so that I have a case that fits quite well with no detectable deformities (like you can do if you use the extended back without the otterbox back). My signal strength is also unchanged in this configuration.

Sent from my s-offed, neomaxed, 80gb Rezound

jal3223
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Could you show the inside. I'd like to get a better idea on how you got it to work. That's awesome.

TabbedOut
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default pics

The Following User Says Thank You to TabbedOut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]