Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more
Post Reply

Froyo to Gingerbread, update failed

OP Fillingen90

6th August 2012, 01:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Skellefteċ
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Hi, i tried to update from android 2.2.2 to 2.3.5 but i got a problem... i put the "dload" folder into my 16GB sdcard and press both volym keys while pressing the power button. Its unpacking and everything but when it changes to "installing" i get a message that the "update failed".

How do i fix this?

Things i have tried: Formatted sdcard and put "dload" folder into it
Downloaded an other gingerbread update
Factory reset and then tried update
Start the update from the internal sdcard
Start the update without the battery inserted and USB connected

Please help me!
6th August 2012, 02:00 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
381 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Dload on root of your sd card. After that you must press both Vol + and - with Power key to boot on Pink Screen.
6th August 2012, 03:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Skellefteċ
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_vader

Dload on root of your sd card. After that you must press both Vol + and - with Power key to boot on Pink Screen.

Tried it, wont work still "update failed"... i cant understand why it wont work, i even followed a video guide
6th August 2012, 04:09 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Had the same issue
from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 ok but then nothing !!

Problem was my Motherboard of the phone
could go from 2.2.1 up to 2.2.2 and that was it
It even erased my IMEI number

Luckily it was under warranty
So they replaced my motherboard and now all is ok again
Last edited by Gman2oo6; 6th August 2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: adding link
6th August 2012, 04:24 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Skellefteċ
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2oo6

Had the same issue
from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 ok but then nothing !!

Problem was my Motherboard of the phone
could go from 2.2.1 up to 2.2.2 and that was it
It even erased my IMEI number

Luckily it was under warranty
So they replaced my motherboard and now all is ok again

But i had the phone for 2 days :s can the motherboard be broken already? I dont have any other problems with the phone, just the update

btw, forgot to tell you guys that i have the Pro version
6th August 2012, 05:29 PM   |  #6  
Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 0
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillingen90

But i had the phone for 2 days :s can the motherboard be broken already? I dont have any other problems with the phone, just the update

btw, forgot to tell you guys that i have the Pro version

I had the same problem. So, I will point 2 things:
1. It may be a slow card. Try to add the dload folder in the internal card.
2. In case you use the B512, you need to put the UPDATE.APP and UPDATE_G.APP in the dload folder at the same time.
6th August 2012, 05:37 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Skellefteċ
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s91066

I had the same problem. So, I will point 2 things:
1. It may be a slow card. Try to add the dload folder in the internal card.
2. In case you use the B512, you need to put the UPDATE.APP and UPDATE_G.APP in the dload folder at the same time.

i downloaded this rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1728604 an it seems to work.
The phone says that i got the .35 kernel and android 2.3.7 but it seems like that rom is bad because my Ideos restarts sometimes, gonna find an other one. Got some tips of any good GB rom?
6th August 2012, 06:12 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Skellefteċ
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Okay, im using android 4.0.3 atm so if anyone else got the same problem as me, just use CWM to install a custom 2.3.7 rom or do like me: stock 2.2.2 -> custom 2.3.7 rom -> custom 4.0.3 rom ^^
6th August 2012, 11:40 PM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillingen90

Okay, im using android 4.0.3 atm so if anyone else got the same problem as me, just use CWM to install a custom 2.3.7 rom or do like me: stock 2.2.2 -> custom 2.3.7 rom -> custom 4.0.3 rom ^^

A Custom ROM will always work !!
But you will and cannot upgrade with the Original Releases by HUAWEI
( please check if you still have your IMEI )
I had the same trouble as you did
And if you still have warranty then send it back !!

PS :
I tried fast MicroSD cards and slow 2GB 4GB 8GB and 16GB no luck at all
Internal memory same issues
With Battery or without still no luck
7th August 2012, 12:55 AM   |  #10  
entrapmen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
246 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
If original update fails while using sdcard try to copy dload folder into internal disk then unmount the sdcard and try to update again.

If your imei isnt nulled %99 it should update.

Btw please consider backing your imei before doing any update with 5iromtoolbox.

Sent from my U8800

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes