[FIX] Screen Lift & Washed Out Screen
From my Nexus 7 RMA units, I still found these issues, so with the help of the XDA community I took matters into my own hands.
Screen Lift & LCD Ripples
1. Power off your Nexus 7
2. Open the back cover (I used a credit card)
3. Since the screen lift issue is on the left hand side, remove all the screws (5 silver 1 black on the bottom left if you can [I couldn't]) on the left hand side
4. Using a blow dryer, warm up the entire left back hand side while gently applying pressure for about 2-3 minutes.
5. Flip your Nexus 7 so it is facing you (camera side up) and once again apply pressure from the top to bottom.
7. Put back cover on
***NOTE*** By fixing the screen separation it appears you also prevent LCD screen rippling on the left hand side, as well as screen creaking Coolio! :high five:
Credit goes out to Thoram for finding this
Washed out Screen after Watching Full Screen Videos [NEED ROOT]
1. Download Script Manager from the Play Store
2. Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd6ucv4spw...tDimmer-OFF.sh
and save to SD card
3. Allow Script Manager SU privileges
4. Go to where you saved the ".sh" script and highlight "Su" and "Boot" then click "Save" and "Exit"
5. Restart your device
***NOTE*** Upon boot up you should see that "Smanager ads have been granted SU privileges...." That's how you know your script has been applied on boot up.
Credit goes out to Metallice for finding this