FORUMS

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

[1/28/13][4.4.2] AOSPA 4.0

4,508 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,223
 
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
14th November 2012, 05:07 AM |#2641  
THunDA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Suffolk County NY
Thanks Meter: 359
 
More
Just installed the new kt 747 kernel on this rom and its flying..

Sent from the 3rd Galaxy of JellyBombination..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THunDA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
14th November 2012, 04:51 PM |#2642  
mw86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Afton
Thanks Meter: 3,100
 
More
Yeah Kt747 is on kernel version 3.051 epic smoothness. Have you tried the new version of KTOONSERVATIVE governor? It adds hotplug down to control how often the second core turns off when loads head back to idle.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2
14th November 2012, 06:57 PM |#2643  
vestaviajag's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sardis, NC
Thanks Meter: 203
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw86

Yeah Kt747 is on kernel version 3.051 epic smoothness. Have you tried the new version of KTOONSERVATIVE governor? It adds hotplug down to control how often the second core turns off when loads head back to idle.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

So on a scale of 1-10 (10 being night and day), how noticeable of a difference is this kernel to the stock (I think) one we're running on PA?
14th November 2012, 07:52 PM |#2644  
mw86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Afton
Thanks Meter: 3,100
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestaviajag

So on a scale of 1-10 (10 being night and day), how noticeable of a difference is this kernel to the stock (I think) one we're running on PA?

Well only way that comparison works is comparing a governor both kernels have stock. If this happened and only used stock mhz on both my guess is the optimizations in Kt747 vs stock kernel are probably 2:1. The stock kernel is good and all but the latest improvement found in the latest Linux builds is found in Kt747 only. Even if you use all the same settings stock kernel has, Kt747 will show improvement. Its all theoretical on paper as kt747 has the newest commits etc. I dont think anyone has or will actually compare them fully though. So the improvement is very much theoretical and hard to prove.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2
14th November 2012, 08:47 PM |#2645  
SadieNibblesworth's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 123
 
More
Here is an important piece of information fresh from the CM mods.

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/psa-...yanogenmod-org
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SadieNibblesworth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2012, 09:26 PM |#2646  
THunDA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Suffolk County NY
Thanks Meter: 359
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw86

Yeah Kt747 is on kernel version 3.051 epic smoothness. Have you tried the new version of KTOONSERVATIVE governor? It adds hotplug down to control how often the second core turns off when loads head back to idle.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

Currently I'm running the same kernel configuration as I was on jelly bomb and 747.

Wheatly gov.,50 off each voltage, koonservative for screen off, 384mhz screen off.. got these from the ktoon thread and they have worked very well for me with performance and battery.

Didn't use phone much today but I'm at 83 percent after 8.5 hours. Probably going to be using it some now so I'll see how it works.



Sent from the 3rd Galaxy of JellyBombination..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THunDA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2012, 10:09 PM |#2647  
mw86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Afton
Thanks Meter: 3,100
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THunDA

Currently I'm running the same kernel configuration as I was on jelly bomb and 747.

Wheatly gov.,50 off each voltage, koonservative for screen off, 384mhz screen off.. got these from the ktoon thread and they have worked very well for me with performance and battery.

Didn't use phone much today but I'm at 83 percent after 8.5 hours. Probably going to be using it some now so I'll see how it works.



Sent from the 3rd Galaxy of JellyBombination..

Cool if you feel like tinkering in my experience you can tune Ktoonservative to be as fast as wheatley and save more power with hotplugging and forcing only necessary frequency increase and decreases.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2
14th November 2012, 11:34 PM |#2648  
mw86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Afton
Thanks Meter: 3,100
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieNibblesworth

Here is an important piece of information fresh from the CM mods.

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/psa-...yanogenmod-org

This saddens me. The CM10 base we are on may not be perfect but it works good. Its a shame there exists such people. I support what Cyanogen stood for. Its a shame.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mw86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2012, 12:02 AM |#2649  
DatDude123's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag VA
Thanks Meter: 232
 
More
After flashing 2.54 my battery stats reset after every reboot. I see that the Note II does that but am unsure why my device suddenly does that. Anybody have any clue? Not a big deal but I didn't see too much info on it.

D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
15th November 2012, 04:40 AM |#2650  
vestaviajag's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sardis, NC
Thanks Meter: 203
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw86

This saddens me. The CM10 base we are on may not be perfect but it works good. Its a shame there exists such people. I support what Cyanogen stood for. Its a shame.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

Looks like the 3rd Party gave control of the domain back to the CM team. So all, apparently, is well & good.
The Following User Says Thank You to vestaviajag For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2012, 11:34 AM |#2651  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 80
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestaviajag

Looks like the 3rd Party gave control of the domain back to the CM team. So all, apparently, is well & good.

Great, hope the team didn't loose allot of work that they've done.
See how much greed can cause is just awful.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fabzbear For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes