Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,282 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[1/28/13][4.4.2] AOSPA 4.0

Tip us?

THunDA
Old
Thanks Meter 356
Just installed the new kt 747 kernel on this rom and its flying..

Sent from the 3rd Galaxy of JellyBombination..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THunDA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mw86
Old
Thanks Meter 3,076
Yeah Kt747 is on kernel version 3.051 epic smoothness. Have you tried the new version of KTOONSERVATIVE governor? It adds hotplug down to control how often the second core turns off when loads head back to idle.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2
Team Kernelizers N900A

vestaviajag
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw86 View Post
Yeah Kt747 is on kernel version 3.051 epic smoothness. Have you tried the new version of KTOONSERVATIVE governor? It adds hotplug down to control how often the second core turns off when loads head back to idle.

So on a scale of 1-10 (10 being night and day), how noticeable of a difference is this kernel to the stock (I think) one we're running on PA?
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III
Radio: MK3
ROM: Dirty Unicorn | v7.9 Test (Sept 21) | Kitkat 4.4.4
Kernel: Deathly Kernel | v1.9.1 (Sept 21) | Linux 3.4.102
Recovery: TWRP | v2.8.0.1 (Sept 12) | Holo-Light Theme
SD Card: SanDisk | 32GB | Class 10
---
History: Kyocera 7135|Blackberry 7250|HTC Apache|HTC Mogul|HTC Touch Pro|HTC Hero|HTC EVO 3D|Samsung Galaxy S III

mw86
Old
Thanks Meter 3,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestaviajag View Post
So on a scale of 1-10 (10 being night and day), how noticeable of a difference is this kernel to the stock (I think) one we're running on PA?
Well only way that comparison works is comparing a governor both kernels have stock. If this happened and only used stock mhz on both my guess is the optimizations in Kt747 vs stock kernel are probably 2:1. The stock kernel is good and all but the latest improvement found in the latest Linux builds is found in Kt747 only. Even if you use all the same settings stock kernel has, Kt747 will show improvement. Its all theoretical on paper as kt747 has the newest commits etc. I dont think anyone has or will actually compare them fully though. So the improvement is very much theoretical and hard to prove.

Team Kernelizers N900A

SadieNibblesworth
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Here is an important piece of information fresh from the CM mods.

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/psa-...yanogenmod-org
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SadieNibblesworth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

THunDA
Old
Thanks Meter 356
Quote:

Currently I'm running the same kernel configuration as I was on jelly bomb and 747.

Wheatly gov.,50 off each voltage, koonservative for screen off, 384mhz screen off.. got these from the ktoon thread and they have worked very well for me with performance and battery.

Didn't use phone much today but I'm at 83 percent after 8.5 hours. Probably going to be using it some now so I'll see how it works.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THunDA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mw86
Old
Thanks Meter 3,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by THunDA View Post
Currently I'm running the same kernel configuration as I was on jelly bomb and 747.

Wheatly gov.,50 off each voltage, koonservative for screen off, 384mhz screen off.. got these from the ktoon thread and they have worked very well for me with performance and battery.

Didn't use phone much today but I'm at 83 percent after 8.5 hours. Probably going to be using it some now so I'll see how it works.

Cool if you feel like tinkering in my experience you can tune Ktoonservative to be as fast as wheatley and save more power with hotplugging and forcing only necessary frequency increase and decreases.

Team Kernelizers N900A

mw86
Old
Thanks Meter 3,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieNibblesworth View Post
Here is an important piece of information fresh from the CM mods.

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/psa-...yanogenmod-org
This saddens me. The CM10 base we are on may not be perfect but it works good. Its a shame there exists such people. I support what Cyanogen stood for. Its a shame.

Team Kernelizers N900A
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mw86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DatDude123
Old
Thanks Meter 187
After flashing 2.54 my battery stats reset after every reboot. I see that the Note II does that but am unsure why my device suddenly does that. Anybody have any clue? Not a big deal but I didn't see too much info on it.

D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

vestaviajag
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
This saddens me. The CM10 base we are on may not be perfect but it works good. Its a shame there exists such people. I support what Cyanogen stood for. Its a shame.

Looks like the 3rd Party gave control of the domain back to the CM team. So all, apparently, is well & good.
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III
Radio: MK3
ROM: Dirty Unicorn | v7.9 Test (Sept 21) | Kitkat 4.4.4
Kernel: Deathly Kernel | v1.9.1 (Sept 21) | Linux 3.4.102
Recovery: TWRP | v2.8.0.1 (Sept 12) | Holo-Light Theme
SD Card: SanDisk | 32GB | Class 10
---
History: Kyocera 7135|Blackberry 7250|HTC Apache|HTC Mogul|HTC Touch Pro|HTC Hero|HTC EVO 3D|Samsung Galaxy S III

The Following User Says Thank You to vestaviajag For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe