Ouya. The android based gaming console

Tip us?

tehrod
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Misaki View Post
No kidding!
Just what sort of a ROM goes on a "console"?
Perhaps a lot of focus on media streaming and definitely a bit of emulation...

With how small and portable this thing is, it could be great to take around and quickly pop into any HDMI TV to play games or watch movies.
I don't understand though, isn't that the benefit of the smartphone? Pop into any HDMI TV to play games or watch movies?

Ryo Misaki
Old
Thanks Meter 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehrod View Post
I don't understand though, isn't that the benefit of the smartphone? Pop into any HDMI TV to play games or watch movies?
If you have stock, yeah...
But a lot of the Roms don't quite support the HDMI adapter right yet. (At least for ICS and JB, I think. Entropy fixed that on Froyo and Ginber, didn't he?)
And even then, it doesn't exactly mirror display of the phone.

Something like the Ouya is MADE to work on TVs right out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryo Misaki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drnecropolis
Old
Thanks Meter 793
Default Re: Ouya. The android based gaming console

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jottaen View Post
Get your 10 post elsewhere n00b

Say it, Don't spray it.

goobieracing
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I really think this will be a cool gaming device. It'll run android, its meant to be taken apart and messed with, and from I have read its open to development from everyone from game makers to hackers. This is exactly what we want here on are phones given to use in a gaming consule. Like said when they were making this it wasn't made to take on Xbox and PlayStation rather to have you play games on your TV. I watched games played on this think not made for it yet and it works pretty good. Plus this way we can play whatever games we want for free. I will be more then happy to buy one when its out. I really like what they are aiming for and I believe I can have a lot of fun with this as a gaming on it and hacking it.

Darknessborn
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Struggling to find legit system specs, are there any yet? Maybe I am having a "boy's" look :P

Conjukt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It's worth my $99 to spend on it. I'm not expecting it to rival the MS or Sony consoles.

inimigor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Probably would use it as a media center

Well, I think this would be a great media center, i'd get it connected to a server computer wich i would store videos, films, photos and everything else