*NOTE: UPDATED, THIS IS FOR ALL 747 MODELS, JUST GET THE RIGHT ROOTED ROM FOR YOUR CARRIER BELOW*
To Root The Galaxy S3 (Rogers SGH-I747M Model & Others) - And Use a Custom Rom If You Wish
1. Download Odin 3.07+ and the Samsung S3 Drivers here:
2. Download the LATEST clockwork Recovery Image Here:
D2ATT Galaxy S3
[B]3. Download the stock ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1739426
Extract it with WinRar/7Zip.
Now for the easy part... seriously lol. How to ROOT:
1. Make sure phone is charged.
2. Install the Samsung USB Drivers with the phone disconnected.
3. With the phone booted to Android. Plug in the phone. Once the drivers install, disconnect the phone.
4. Power off the phone.
5. Put the phone in Download mode: (Hold volume down + home button, then press and hold power until download mode comes up. Then press the volume up key to continue).
6. Connect the phone to the computer again.
7. Wait for more drivers to install if need be.
8. Open "Odin3_v3.07+".
9. Only things that should be checked in Odin are: Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
10. Press the PDA button. Load the extracted Pre-Rooted Rogers Rom (or pre-rooted rom for your carrier). Flashing this ROM should not delete any data on the phone.
11. Once the ROM is loaded (it may take a minute or two), hit the Start button in Odin. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE.
12. Once the phone reboots you are DONE! The phone is now rooted with the stock software. You will have superuser etc. Do NOT update superuser within superuser itself. It breaks it/does not update properly in my experience.
Note: If you are coming back from another ROM to Stock, please make sure you wipe and format all partitions on your phone, then go through the above steps. Failing to do so will make your phone hang at the Samsung boot screen. If you are experiencing this, just boot into the stock recovery and wipe, then reboot.
To Flash ClockworkMod Recovery:
Have the recovery image on the internal memory...name as "recovery.img"
Download Android Terminal Emulator from the Play Store, have the recovery image on the internal memory, run:
Once in the terminal type: su (press enter)
Then type: dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 (press enter)
Once the recovery is flashed, you can load Cyanogenmod 10+ from here:
Newest Rogers/Bell/Telus modem/radio image (ATT is located here as well):
USE LATEST PAGAPPS HERE!: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942