- Fixed playlist madness, you know what I mean...
- New music view enabled
- The error that kicks you without "FC" solved...
- Attempt: more manual garbage collection to free memory
ver. 115 has new W.I.P. music view, doesn't differ in any other way from 0.116
- Attempt: added some old memory freeing code that was removed when migrated to fragments
- Probably fixed pausing problem on >JB
- Probably fixed crashing android effect engine on >JB
- Mass edit: fill common fields instead of showing "keep"
- Fixed: several FCs
- Fixed: xenoAmp crashing in Spanish and Russian, because of space in default profile name.
- Fixed: Restore display after database scan
- Fixed: Notification doesn't get updated with current song
- Fixed: Alternate layout not working
- Fixed: where from does xenoAmp get last played track after total uninstall?! - from sticky broadcast
- Fixed: Service looper doesn't work as expected, causing spooky behaviour
- Probably fixed: When preparing next wrapper for gapless wait until first is prepared
Rating added to tag editor
Lots of FC fixes
Fix: Dynamic playlist not refreshing on change
Fix: Eq settings not saved
Fix: "Save as..." playlist not saved
Fix: rare case when adding new tracks to played list when last track was playing woldn't continue with newly added tracks
Fix: progress bar on xeno lockscreen and big dick notification
Fix: no need to recreate remote view on new notification on newer Androids
Fix: marquee widget - no change = no animation
Fix: RTL scripts scrolling in proper direction again
Progress circle is now "live", works immediately on drag
Pref to show texts away from cover when in square cover mode
fixed: xeno status vs android status
fixed: patheteque prefs FC
fixed: unable to start track after xenoAmp start
fixed: circular menu sensitivity
fixed: volume vs track skip, NOTE: voluming/track skip CAN NOT be started on progress circle, that's intentional. Just begin elsewhere, outside or inside the circle.
fixed: select playlist from menu
Tag edits commited to files immediately
WPS has now a context menu in lower right corner (single dot)
Fixed: cover showing even if not wanted
Fixed: WPS always shows paused, even when playing
Fixed: WPS always shows 5 stars rate song, even if rating is turned off
Fixed: multiple fragments created on circular menu select
Fixed: rating on title click
- Total rework of WPS, native android animations+hardware transfromation matrices
- faint progress circle always visible
- circular menu "on finger up" selection now works everywhere except circle inside.
- Cover in widget works again
- Profiles fixed
- Huge rework of xeno internals
- Database scan adds all found playlists to xeno playlist manager
- Database scan won't go through system directories... again (lost it some hundred updates ago)
- Recreated audio profile manager, much more flexible now
- Recreated playlist manager. Playlist in ANY supportde location (on your device, on smb:, on http: ) may be now attached to playlist selector.
- Fixed: tracks tracks inside http:// m3u8 playlist
- Fixed some bugs
- Many bugfixes
- Sweep to open playlist works again (note: "three dot" hotspot is higher, but doesn't fill the full width not to interfere with last line of file browser), but you can still click it to open/close
- Notification manager should now be bothered less by xenoamp
- Fixed cover update in notification/lockscreen/widget
- Volume gesture triggered by smaller curvature
- Prev/Next track gesture triggered by sweeping half screen width
- Maximum WPS title scroll speed increased a bit
- Fixed problem with scanning whole device for media
- Welcome dialogs fixed (a bit)
- Pref: switch to lighter animations
- Pref: use only 16-step system volume
FIRST TIME USERS - PLEASE USE 0.84!
- Converstion of most important activities to fragments, another huuuge change
- Lots of minor fixes that were hard or impossible without fragments
- Pause on headphone pref used also for bluetooth disconnect
- Bluetooth connect event can be assigned a default sound profile
- Some insignificant changes that won't go unnoticed
- Minor bugfix release, you probably don't need it if everything worked ok.
- Fixed scrobbling
- ID3 old style (one byte) genre now converted to genre name (do a full db refresh to see it)
- Xeno lockscreen: you can press prev/next/play/pause as long as they stay visible, without sweeping the finger from padlock
- Fixed: profile data getting zeroed when xenamp starts in autoprofiled mode
- Fixed: 100% custom big-dick notification, working buttons, lots of space, so make your suggestion on what controls would you like there!
- Fixed: starting xenoAmp by clicking media file in external browser
- Rewrote xeno audio engine from scratch, as with each change to vital functions this one might have introduced new annoying bugs
- Automatic audio profile switching works, set profile for car/dock/headphones in behaviour prefs
- Fixed some bugs in moving tracks around currently played playlist
- Removed double click in music view when zoomed in to tracks, I'll see who will complain...
- Added full database rescan option for people who change tags outside of XenoAmp
- Preference to allow half star for 10-step rating scale
- Tweaked xeno lockscreen a bit, tell me if it still shows erratically
- Feeling short lately? Jelly Bean large notification will give you that missing extra inches
- Internal: mixed headphone monitor with dock monitor
- Fixed rating (ID3 rating is 0-255, xenoAmp 0-5)
- Fixed: volume rocker now changes xenoVolume in all activities
- Fixed: hardware search key now functional in all activities
- Track marks now refresh immediately
- Fixed equalizer display: bands are now at proper places on logarythmic scale
- Experimental feature: track marks. Long touch playlist entry to set mark: "Loop track", "Loop playlist", "Stop here" (these don't get refreshed, you have to scroll list out of view to see the mark!)
- Added multiple DSP (audio) profiles. See them in EQ view.
- Fixed rating
- Centralized calibrator outputs
- Some equalizer code cleanup
- Replaced lame MusicBrainz library with my own (going open source soon)
- A preference to allow XenoAmp change system stream volume when xeno volume at full
- A preference to enable music auto start
- Fixed long-standing bug of covers not appearing until scrolled off-screen (was: flow view doesn't refresh until scrolled out of view)
- Added version info in misc prefs
Note due to huge amount of changes of vital structures this release may be unstable, but take it for a ride, it has some new features
- Huuuge change to XenoPath/XenoTrack/XenoPlaylist
- Plays 8Tracks!
- You can add directory objects (playlists, local directories, samba directories, DJs, meta dirs) to playlist and xeno will play it all.
- Added "Meta" directory to xeno root, it has "All tracks" and "All playlists"
- Similar DJ can now be bookmarked per artist, return tracks in random order
- Embedded cover art extraction moved to cover obtainer, initial scan should be faster
- A few more white skin corrections
- big rework of cover obtainer, should be much faster and much, much more accurate
- some FC fixes
- some tuning of thread pools
- 17 new devices in calibration data
- getting tags from musicbrainz finally working
- preliminary 8tracks support (doesn't play anything yet!)
- added searching, try it from playlist manager context menu or playlist menu
- various small fixes to lockscreen and cover obtainer
- preliminary "disable data" preference, please report any cases when internet is accessed despite this setting (bugsense doesn't count).
- scrolling for rtl languages almost fixed
- note: "Find..." dosen't do anything yet.
- commit to tags fixes, some more needed
- xeno lockscreen goes away on incoming call
- xeno lockscreen has active rating and progress
- xenoAmp won't touch your system audio stream vol at all, if volume is too low raise it i.e. from home screen. This is to test if volume problems on call will stil occur.
- write xeno database to tags (experimental!)
- notification FC fixed on some more devices
- read rating from tags during initial scan (preparation for commiting db to tags)
- double click on track in music view adds it to active playlist and starts playing
- prototype lockscreen for old Androids enabled
- favourite paths in filebrowser
- fixed changing language (restart still required!)
- fixed flickering activities
- proper discovery of right to left scripts, reversed scroll direction
- implemented exceptions in XenoPath, file browsing should be less dangerous now...
- poo tunes tags fixed again!
- some more functions attached to menus
EMERGENCY RELEASE 0.55
- fixed FC on 2.x.x Androids
- active playlist stays active between activities
- crossfading covers on wps fixed
- change xenoAmp language from prefs (help prefs)
- fixed some not working menu entries
- as requested: lyrics view inside XenoAmp
- rework of bitmap cache engine
- rework of notification system (If anyone is interested - I can put playlist progress on both widgets and notification)
- the overal responsiveness of wps should be better
- fixed one hard to find bug thanks to xcal321 (appeared only if you have all your files in a single directory!)
- new bugsense, maybe I'll be able to capture these widget bugs...
- some changes to widgets look and code
- Pref: don't mix files and directories in file browser (look in database prefs)
- some FC fixes
- new calib data
- recursive add tracks really works now
- fixed choosing main media dir and default icon on Androids>11
- pref: show whole cover on WPS
- fixed choose media dir question
- recursively add tracks to active playlist from file browser context menu
- fixed adding new playlist and other playlist issues
- fixed slider preferences
- current track gets a bookmark on pause
- current playlist opens on current track top
- internal: unified notification on all Android versions
- "modern" fragment-based preferences
- tablet enhancments
- finally: ask for media folder on start
- changed activities launch mode
- FC fixes
- scrobbling fixed
- playlists fixed
- tagging fixed
- crash on older androids
- shoutcast fixed
- massive changes to track/playlist, should be transparent to users, but new bugs probably introduced
- lots of new calibration data
- notification play/pause changing depending on state
- playlist widget menu has now playlist entries for quick selection in case you have lots of playlists
- add album (or whatever) to current playlist from context menu
- circular menu comes up quicker
- text on white background enhanced a bit
- headphone low impedance warning
- Pref: circular menu on finger up
- Fixed: first line not scrollilng + screen truncation in landscape (Android 2.2.x)
- new calibration: shooter, saga, evita, SGH-I777
- changes to XenoTrack, which is main underlying concept, may break everything, (works here
- covers are obtained directly from tags during initial scan, so you will see them right ahead when you open music view
- if by any chance you notice a http server on port 41075 while running XenoAmp, it's a server that will allow streaming from your samba shares, it supports only requests of the form: http://127.0.0.1:41075/smb%3A%2F%2F<full smb path follows here>, but unless you manually create a playlist with smb:// path, this server is not stared
- If my streaming server works you'll be able to play files from your SMB shares very soon
- I think pooTunes tags are finally as expected
- newest jaudiotagger, should even handle mp4s from evil shops
- New calibration data
- You've requested it - cover on now playing screen, enable it in prefs
- Preliminary work on xeno lock screen widget
- You can set root media folder in prefs
- Numerous changes to tag scanning engine
- Renimated xeno widgets
- Workaround for volume change by some background audio focus manager
- Faster startup, cleaned lots of code...
- Visual feedback of tag update
- Corrected silly calibration bug (btw. dupa means "arse" in Polish)
- Embedded cover art is always used, even if bad quality (needs xeno cover cache clearing to work)
- New calibration data: R800i
- Social features
- New calibration data: MT11i, WT19i, endeavoru
- Tag editor working (changes go to Xeno databse, not touching your files!), in mass edit mode leave fields blank for no change
- Fixed a bug that prevented downloading covers for manual selection
- Faster cover/artist matching and downloading
- New DJ: create a playlist with similar artists' tracks (I must say it's my favourite suggested feature so far!)
- Pref: switch next/prev gesture direction
- Fallback artist tag to composer tag for badly tagged files from pOOTunes
RELEASE 0.34 SPECIAL WEEKEND RELEASE
- Oh my! All this time I thought you were able to do room calibration! Sorry! Now it should work!
- new calibration data: LT26i, p990, GT-S5830
- fixed scrobbling
- fixed eq on jellybean
- some preliminary work to resolve system 16-step vol vs xeno 50-step vol issues, not yet perfect
- new calibration data: LT15a, supersonic, maguro
- less intimidating preference screen
- ticker speed pref
- wps fade out pref
- volume knob sensitivity pref
- sheet inertia (scroll speed) pref
- quickly tune to your mood: play tracks from MUSIC view context menu without leaving the view
- you should be able to see your network neighbourhood from XenoRoot, no login dialog, so only guest access possible
- changed tutorial image sizes so they don't cause out of mem on smaller devices
EMERGENCY RELEASE 0.31
- Fixed silly playlist bug
- Fixed notification on older systems
- Improved gesture detection on main screen: it doesn't matter where you begin the gesture now, a real curve detection algorithm for vol/up down gesture
- Initial work on Froyo compatibility, will cause a lot of FCs probably, but should run with some further tweaking and fixing, Froyo istallation disabled, cause there's a lot of idiots who give one star if the app crashes!
- Fixed Xeno sweep widgets disappearing on sweep
- You can get into TagEditor and play, but it doesn't update anything yet (sweep header to change tracks)
- Some mindless fixes to "playing with current playlist has no effect", but then again it may correct things before I have some time to think about it
- FC bugfixes
- Internal changes to active playlist handling, some new bugs introduced
- Better handling of track selection: query view now shows selected tracks, filebrowser and query synchronize their status with active playlist
- Many, many LDPI fixes!
- Less strict DSP checking may enable equalizer on some devices
- Some initial work to reenable tag editor
- Cosmetic changes for google Play release (you might skip that one and wait for new features).
- New calibration data for: m0, inc
- New calibration data: shooter, SCH-R720, thunderg,
- Filebrowser: doubleclick header to play
- Filebrowser: play directory from track/dir context menu
- Filebrowser: default sort by title, not track number
- Many internal changes (playback manager, playlist manager) that should be transparent to users, unless new bugs got introduced. Should be much more memory and resource friendly when stabilised.
- Fixed black text on black background on 2.3.x
- .nomedia in Xeno directory to disable covers from being picked
- Fixed: weird behaviour on removal of current track from current playlist
- New calibration data: haida, cdma_targa, ST25i, LT18i, olympus, daytona
- MASSIVE rewrites in database module. Everything they write on stackoverflow about android mysqlite handling is wrong! It should also reduce memory usage.
- Fixed some new FCs.
- Calibration data for new devices: GT-I9000B, GT-S7500L, GT-S5360B, runnymede, ST15i, hallon, grouper.
- Tutorial for those... less adventurous. Check it out, maybe you'll learn something new!
- Fixed JB volume bug on gapless playback
- Fixed room calibration phase, now it works as expected
- Embedded lyrics view
- White skin enabled, still needs much work, though.
- Fixed ugly 2.3.x notification to standard look
- Case insensitive sorting (might still be case sensitive in some places, so tell me)
- Headphone and room calibrators work, you have to field test them, though. May require tuning. No equalizer profiles yet, so... you'll have to remember your settings
Do not turn off or rotate your device during calibration, as I didn't have time to handle it.
- Presistent playlists. Live through XenoAmp deinstallation. You have to copy you current playlists from XenoAmp data to /XenoAmp manyally
- Just a Hotfix for 2.3.x Androids
RELEASE 0.20 (CONSERVATIVE HOTFIX)
- Turn on Android notifications by default
- Make beta version disclaimer less intimidating
- Slow down scrolling speed on sheet
- So much for wackiness: disable horizontal dragging of rows whose length is less than screen width
- On first run after database scan main playlist is filled with 10 random albums so no more menacing "playlist empty" or pervert "touch me".
- Better use tablet screenspace
- Add notification media buttons (already on todo)
- Fixed playlist name cutoff on ldpi
- New DJ: 10 random albums
- Headeset buttons - may be fixed, try it.
NEW RELEASE 0.17
- Fixed volume problem (used log as scalar, supid!)
- Fixed: exiting screens brings back to WPS (was: There is a problem, that I cannot go from playlist screen back to main screen without playing music. Pressing back key, after I e.g. enabled my BT headphones in settings then switched back to app puts me back to BT settings menu...which is frustrating. Add some sort of gesture or key for general in-app back)
- I've ordered a bluetooth receiver with media buttons to test problems with media buttons
- Fixed DSP discovery on broken ROMs. Now you can at least use Bears Audio...
- Cleaned lots of calibrator code to prepare it for GUI, outpurt of uncorrected (=useless) room frequency response in logcat
- Preliminary headphone calibration, you can hear it generating tones, but no useful adjustments are applied yet. If you want to test your ears/headphones combination, sit in a prefectly quiet environment and ask someane to take a note from logcat when you hear each freq
- Better responsiveness during scan.
- Fixed by brute force: Clearing currently playing playlist causes some strange side effects
- New DJ: all tracks (wonder how many tracks will make out of memory error...)
- New DJ: random 100 tracks
- Preliminary tag-embedded lyrics support, you can see it in logcat (LyricsWiki will not be searched in such case!)
- Fixed volume issue
- Silent mode doesn't turn off on my device. How about your?
- Fixes: dsp working as expected on JB (was: Check chained dsp in JB)
- fix scanning on machines that have their storage monted via fuse
- save (last) scroll position in file browser mode
- fixed one FC in filebrowser
- fixed Korean (and probably all other) font displays. QUESTION: Which languages need scroll direction and prev/next directions swapped?
- fixed various database threading issues
- fixed loooooong artist display on WPS
- equalizer now has "flatten" button that will reset it and turn off to save cpu
- fixed eq display behaving strange on drag
- fixed last band on eq display looking stupid
- Turkish translation (thanks Translater)
- fixed: "The player turns silent mode off automatically".
- In your face Spinal Tap! My Amp goes to +50! Volume is now 50 steps for extreme fine tune and preserved from session to session.
- Fix temporary audiofocus loss
- How do you like new icon?
RELEASE 0.13 (Google market release)
- Fixed some crashes connected to database
- Fixed next track after sort
- Fixed FC in file browser
- Fixed various FCs from 0.12
- Massive amount of FC bugfixes
- Improved db interaction stability
- Incorporated Google Music Play API, and removed it again, as it created some crazy compilation memory requirements. Since Google Music is available only in the U.S.A., I need someone brave from there to test it.
- Framework for detecting your Android facilities. If after this update you don't see anything in EQ (or XenoAmp crashes immediately...)
it means your EQ engine is broken. Ask your ROM chief! (was: Detect and disable cheating Androids (the ones that claim they're higher versions that really are) - this causes many FCs, because xenoamp uses features based on API level. Some ROMS clam to be JellyBean, but surprisingly don't support JellyBean APIs!)
- Nomedia management fixed
- First changes for low DPI devices, tell me if you see them in playlists and filebrowser (sheet probably left untouched).
- Low DPI devices will get Base Icon size of 100x100, meaning that covers will be kept at 100x100 pixels and existing tag/cover.jpg files will be used if greater than 100x100 px. Existing xenoamp covers won't be resised, you have to delete them (or mass resize with favourite tool).
- Put back Beats Audio hack discovery into Xeno EQs.
- Fixed nonresponsiveness while db scanning (that includes pausing current track).
- Allow zoom out in sheet by click on row name
- Pref: completely disable rating
- Pref: stop phone from locking while xenoamping
- Pref: allow Android notification bar instead of xeno (looks cr*p, but customer is always right!)
- Fixed: JellyBean - next track often out of sync with current playlist
- Did I mention media scanning improvements?
- Another fix for initial scanning (sheeeeesh...)
- Due to reintroducing SMB components and preparation to SMB streaming, big internal change to audiotrack object, should be transparent to users, but could also break a lot, as it is used everywhere in XenoAmp (works here, he, he...)
- Probably fixed crash on 2.x.x
- Annotated database scan so your logcats have more info
- Fixed progress circle not working in first quarter.
- Lockscreen widget on ICS and later - alive and kicking (earlier Androids will get only xenoampy widget, sorry! ...but then again maybe you won't be sorry if you see it)
- Finally fix this f#$!?* file scanning on all devices? Don't know. You tell me!
- Bugfix release, detect broken AdioFX on some devices. ("Effect library not loaded" exception)
- For me: getting crash reports from widgets, until now I wasn`t aware something`s wrong (and never had any problem with widgets)
- Test lockscreen widget, as it keeps coming back to me like a boomerang. (not visible for users)
- Bigger filesize due to reintegration of smb (not yet enabled)
- Managing .nomedia by Xeno file browser (requested also as: Allow user to choose which folders to scan). From file/directory context menu you can flip folder .nomedia status (works upward to highest .nomedia).
- Changing default cover image (the white-with-note one) - i think I'll start competition for replacement art. XenoAmp default cover image competition
- Switching play/pause with rating (you know what I mean?)
- Phone jack preference works as expected
- Quick and dirty: displaying results of MusicBrainz queries (no updates to db yet, as "smart" syncing still needs tuning), go to sheet view, select "Smart tag sync" from context menu. Results may vary.
- Bugfix for media scan for users who have their media mounted in /
- Faster initial scan - during first run only your current media folders will be scanned (only the folders that Android is aware of). If you force scan from prefs it will scan all mounted vfat, cifs and ext* media. (If you want to check this feature, or your media didn't get scanned before, PLEASE UNINSTALL COMPLETELY to remove current database).
- .nomedia is now recursive
- some bug fixes, based on your reports and BugSense
- Fixed db scanning on JellyBean. Media scanner will pick all mounted vfat and cifs filesystems, no unneeded directories scanned.
PLEASE UNINSTALL COMPLETELY BEFORE REINSTALLING!
Release 0.3 has the following fixed:
- Android 2.2.x Should be working, but since I don't have a 2.2.x machine, I can't check it.
- Completely new media scanning engine, shouldn't cause out of memory, should scan all your mounted media.
- Showing lyrics should now work every time.
- Title scrolling too fast on low DPI devices
- Clock overlapping battery on low DPI
- Pinch to zoom crash
- Sorting tracks by title and trackno in filebrowser view, sheet view and playlist widget. If you need any other kind of sort - tell me. Do remember, that playlist names and directory names have a context menu (long press) and react to click (toggle selection), so you can easily select all tracks in sheet tile or whole directory in filebrowser mode!
- Corrected date of addition to db, date of last play bug, the flow view is now fully functional
- Cover images from jpegs in folders. Priority is now: 1) mp3 embedded if bigger than 300x300, 2) any *.jp(e)g file in track's dir or parent dir, if bigger than 300x300, 3) internet search
- Lots of small bugs - THANKS TO ALL THE TESTERS!