9th August 2012, 03:05 AM   |  #21  
Flag jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 461

1,184 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaydog

Got it up and running fine, no extension rename needed. Love AOKP! Only thing better would by hybrid version

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I'm a huge aokp fan how does this stack up against the ics version milestone 6? Is it smoother?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
9th August 2012, 03:08 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 9

66 posts
how do you flash htm file?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
9th August 2012, 03:16 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 89

593 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiansdude

how do you flash htm file?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

I renamed the file to a zip and just flashed it right over my old JB preview without wiping anything

Very glad to see AOKP JB back in the game!
The Following User Says Thank You to omniphil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th August 2012, 03:24 AM   |  #24  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 78

165 posts
More
Nice I'll have to give this a try
9th August 2012, 03:36 AM   |  #25  

593 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBison420

I'm a huge aokp fan how does this stack up against the ics version milestone 6? Is it smoother?

My linpack scores took a big drop. It was 70 or so in ICS. Jamies JB preview was around 65. This preview is down in the high 50s for me. I don't think JB has hardware acceleration yet for this phone so that may be why. The Ui is just as smooth as James preview which is faster than ICS, but you can notice the low cpu in the browser. This is a great work in progress considering we don't have source for this phone.

EDIT: I decided to do a full wipe and install this new rom, My linpack scores went right up to 70 or so !!!
Last edited by omniphil; 9th August 2012 at 04:45 AM.
9th August 2012, 03:41 AM   |  #26  
Flag jacksonville

1,184 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniphil

My linpack scores took a big drop. It was 70 or so in ICS. Jamies JB preview was around 65. This preview is down in the high 50s for me. I don't think JB has hardware acceleration yet for this phone so that may be why. The Ui is just as smooth as James preview which is faster than ICS, but you can notice the low cpu in the browser. This is a great work in progress considering we don't have source for this phone.

Honestly i haven't tried any of the jb roms I've been pretty happy with milestone 6 build but i figured i would ask. I know ics was a HUGE jump from gingerbread.. Didn't know if the same would hold true for jb from ics so to speak

9th August 2012, 03:46 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 320

920 posts
Netflix does not work. Updated to latest version, no go.
9th August 2012, 03:57 AM   |  #28  

593 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBison420

Honestly i haven't tried any of the jb roms I've been pretty happy with milestone 6 build but i figured i would ask. I know ics was a HUGE jump from gingerbread.. Didn't know if the same would hold true for jb from ics so to speak

Some things are faster in JB, the UI speed is the biggest thing you will notice, that alone made me leave ICS behind.
9th August 2012, 04:06 AM   |  #29  
OP Recognized Developer
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 6,333

3,525 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniphil

Some things are faster in JB, the UI speed is the biggest thing you will notice, that alone made me leave ICS behind.

now that we have jelly bean I will confess i hated ics .. so bad ..I mean it brought new stuff and it was cool but , I missed saurom way to much the hybrid mode on this big a$$ phone is what made me forget about gb , but truth be told without the tablet mod I prefered GB over ics .. Samsung did a very poor job with ICS imho , and I never liked AOSP based rom before ics ..

Jelly bean is a complete other story to me its just how my phone shoudl have been .. video camera is the only downside to this over ICS and im sure it wil get soon , not to mention how young this OS is ..

if your a die hard aokp fan you will probably be missing a few things on this build .. but hey its only a preview ... flash this just to feel jellybean if you have not .. its worth it just for that ..
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DAGr8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th August 2012, 04:12 AM   |  #30  
Flag jacksonville

1,184 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGr8

now that we have jelly bean I will confess i hated ics .. so bad ..I mean it brought new stuff and it was cool but , I missed saurom way to much the hybrid mode on this big a$$ phone is what made me forget about gb , but truth be told without the tablet mod I prefered GB over ics ..

Jelly bean is a complete other story to me its just how my phone shoudl have been .. video camera is the only downside to this over ICS and im sure it wil get soon , not to mention how young this OS is ..

if your a die hard aokp fan you will probably be missing a few things on this build .. but hey its only a preview ... flash this just to feel jellybean if you have not .. its worth it just for that ..

Omg man. im not trying to get off topic but saurom was such a bad ass rom... It was way ahead of its time! could write all day about its badassness lol. Effin A!

I bet jb is going to be sick as hell once it has been given some time. But I'm glad we have such awesome support and devs here

The Following User Says Thank You to BigBison420 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread