[mod][tool]dual boot for zte blade/modify-tool

Search This thread

ByTe_cOdE

Mar 3, 2012
Hello guys. This my dual booting project for our amazing ZTE BLADE!

What is this?

>This mod works on the basis of two scripts which are to be executed in the terminal emulator or script manager and a modified boot.img to boot the rom from sdcard instead of NAND.

FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY!!!

I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKED DEVICES, DAMAGED SDCARDS ETC.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

It is in alpha stage, so lot of work is still needed to make it more safer and convenient.
I will add this mod for more ROMS like CM10, Paranoidandroid etc.

Downloads:

Cyanogenmod9(KonstaKang)
Boot.img - Download
Updater-script - Download

Cyanogenmod10
Boot.img - Download

Gapps::
Jelly Bean Gapps Updater-script - Download

Tool:
Modify-Boot - Download
Now no need to wait for me to mod your boot.img.Mod your boot image for dual boot with this tool!!!
Guide for the tools is on the second post.

Thanks go to:
Sulthekk for guiding me towards right way.
SNAP.iT for giving me some mounting ideas.
All the people who have helped me(can't remember all names :p).
And the big community to test it for me.
SCROLL DOWN to 2nd POST FOR THE WHOLE GUIDE...

Last edited:

ByTe_cOdE

Mar 3, 2012
GUIDE

So here is the full guide:
PARTITIONING SD CARD TO MOUNT /SYSTEM AND /DATA
  • Take the backup of your sd card data first
  • Make sure you have partitioned your sdcard before.
  • Connect your phone to your computer and mount usb storage.
  • Download the EASEUS partition manager from here.
    Open partition manager and delete all partitions of your sdcard.
    Right click on the 'unallocated' and click create partition.Don't label it select partition type as primary and filesystem as FAT32 and enter the partition size bot remember this will hold your photos,media etc,you should leave about 600 mb space free click OK.
  • right click again and create partition as primary and filesystem as EXT3 and size of 250 mb click OK.
  • Repeat above step again.
  • Apply all the changes by cliking on apply tap and you have succesfully partitioned your sdcard for dual booting.

GUIDE FOR THE TOOL
  • Extract the downloaded zip file extract to any concinient directory.Here I will explain the guide as a cygwin user.
  • Extract the zip to directory say c:\
  • The extracted folder will look like 'Modify-boot".Now open the terminal or cygwin bash and mount the directory by typing
  • Now drop your boot.img in the WORKING_313 folder and execute the script by typing
  • It will mod your boot.img for dual booting.Output boot.img will be in the WORKING_313 folder as boot.img.

MODDING THE ROM FOR DUAL BOOTING

• Open the ROM.zip.
  • Get the modded boot.img from the tool and replace with the original one.
  • Now download the attached updater-script from 1st post and replace the orignal one with this modded one(path to udater-script META-INF/com/google/android).
  • Zip up the rom.
ADAPTING A ROM TO INSTALL IN THE SD CARD

• FLASHING GUIDE
  • Remember, before partitioning the sd card you should wipe data and cache in the recovery during NAND rom installation or it will erase the partitions created before.
  • First flash the rom you want to install in the NAND,do not wipe data or anything do it before partitioning.
  • Then install the rom without wiping data or anything.
  • reboot the system. You will be in your sd card rom!!!
  • Now create folder in the sd card as /sdcard/multiboot.
    Take both boot.img from NAND rom and cm9 rom rename the cm9 boot.img to bootsd.img and keep the NAND boot.img as it is.
    Copy both imgs to multiboot folder.
  • Now download attached(or use above link for unregistered users) bootnand.sh and bootsd.sh and place at the root of the sdcard.
    Open terminal emulator,type su and execute bootsd.sh to boot into sd card rom or execute bootnand.sh to boot into NAND rom.

THAT'S IT . ENJOY DUAL BOOT ON YOUR ZTE BLADE!!!!

Last edited:

ramubhat

Jul 11, 2011
Sirsi
    Right click on the 'unallocated' and click create partition.Don't label it select partition type as primary and filesystem as FAT32 and enter the partition size bot remember this will hold your photos,media etc,you should leave about 600 mb space free click OK.
  • right click again and create partition as primary and filesystem as EXT3 and size of 250 mb click OK.
  • Apply all the changes by cliking on apply tap and you have succesfully partitioned your sdcard for dual booting.

MODDING THE CM9 ROM FOR DUAL BOOTING

• Open the konstakang.zip (currently only supported rom, will add more soon).
  • Download modded boot.img from here extract it and rename the .img file to boot.img.
  • Delete the boot.img from the cm9 rom and put the downloaded one.
  • Now download the attached updater-script (remove .txt) or from here (for unregistered users)and replace the orignal one with this modded one(path to udater-script META-INF/com/google/android).
  • Zip up the rom.

• FLASHING GUIDE
  • Remember, before partitioning the sd card you should wipe data and cache in the recovery during NAND rom installation or it will erase the partitions created before.
  • First flash the rom you want to install in the NAND,do not wipe data or anything do it before partitioning.
  • Then install the cm9 rom without wiping data or anything.
    Take both boot.img from NAND rom and cm9 rom rename the cm9 boot.img to bootsd.img and keep the NAND boot.img as it is.
  • Now download attached(or use above link for unregistered users) bootnand.sh and bootsd.sh and place at the root of the sdcard.
    Open terminal emulator,type su and execute bootsd.sh to boot into sd card rom or execute bootnand.sh to boot into NAND rom.

hi, thank u ....... the link for 'boot.img' is not working. Pls fix it

karthiknr

Jan 1, 2012
Can't thank you enough for this,if it works..;) Great stuff btw.. At least,you were the first one that tried and got it working..:)

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

Reactions: Faiz Malkani

flixblixclix

Dec 15, 2011
Its a great achievement .. future updates will be easy to go on for basic user. Btw thanks man. .

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk 2

Jinxxed

Mar 12, 2012
badalup
I've found that making four partitions and installing /data to mmcblk0p4 and /system to mmcblk0p3 helps with certain roms that have S2E configured.

I'm also trying to get it to boot two mounted loop filesystems instead, i installed SSRLS7 and GB-Gapps as per your instructions in the OP (just changed the partitions for installation and the updater-script and init.rc so that it would work) did a dd of the entire partitions to files on the sdcard and edited the init.rc like this:

Code:
on fs
# mount mtd partitions
    chmod 777 /sbin/busybox    
    symlink /sbin/busybox /sbin/losetup
    mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sdcard
    losetup /dev/block/loop0 /mnt/sdcard/multiboot/snow/system.img
    losetup /dev/block/loop1 /mnt/sdcard/multiboot/snow/data.img
    mount ext2 /dev/block/loop0 /system
    mount ext2 /dev/block/loop1 /data
    mount yaffs2 mtd@cache /cache nosuid nodev

on post-fs
    # ZTE_JCD_CTSCONFIG, 2011.05.03, BEGIN
    mkdir /system/lost+found 0770
    chmod 0770 /system/lost+found
    # ZTE_JCD_CTSCONFIG 2011.05.03, END
    # once system is setup, no need to modify /system , ZTE_BOOT_LIWEI_20110331
    mount ext2 /dev/block/loop0 /system ro remount

I also copied busybox to /sbin in the ramdisk before letting the process finish and make bootsd.img

It doesn't work though and i have no idea why not. I've mounted the system.img and data.img files on the phone via the terminal to test if the procedure works and it does mount them just fine.

If anyone has any clue why this doesn't work then please tell me.

vimi93

Oct 7, 2011
DNH UT
Dual boot on ideos x6

hello guys. This my dual booting project for our amazing zte blade!

What is this?

>this mod works on the basis of two scripts which are to be executed in the terminal emulator or script manager and a modified boot.img to boot the rom from sdcard instead of nand.

For advanced users only!!!

I will not be responsible for any bricked devices, damaged sdcards etc.

Do it at your own risk!!!

It is in alpha stage, so lot of work is still needed to make it more safer and convenient.
I will add this mod for more roms like cm10, paranoidandroid etc.

Downloads:

cyanogenmod9(konstakang)
boot.img - download
updater-script - download

cyanogenmod10
boot.img - download
updater-script - download

gapps::
Jelly bean gapps updater-script - download

tool:
Modify-boot - download
now no need to wait for me to mod your boot.img.mod your boot image for dual boot with this tool!!!

Thanks go to:
Snap.it for giving me some mounting ideas.
Scroll down to 2nd post for the whole guide...

dear friends is it possible on huawei ideos x6?
Plz reply

Faiz Malkani

XDA Portal Team / Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
faizmalkani.com
Actually, it'll work on any phone that runs android and has a working recovery that can be used to install boot.img and system files via an updater script.

It works fine on my Mini and Huawai G300.

I stand corrected.

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

Oh and btw, android@Sam, check the xda portal. You're on the front page.

Congratulations

Reactions: karthiknr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys. This my dual booting project for our amazing ZTE BLADE!

What is this?

>This mod works on the basis of two scripts which are to be executed in the terminal emulator or script manager and a modified boot.img to boot the rom from sdcard instead of NAND.

FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY!!!

I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKED DEVICES, DAMAGED SDCARDS ETC.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

I will add this mod for more ROMS like CM10, Paranoidandroid etc.

Downloads:

Cyanogenmod9(KonstaKang)
    Boot.img - Download

Cyanogenmod10
    Boot.img - Download

Gapps::
    Jelly Bean Gapps Updater-script - Download

Tool:
    Modify-Boot - Download
    Now no need to wait for me to mod your boot.img.Mod your boot image for dual boot with this tool!!!

Thanks go to:
    SNAP.iT for giving me some mounting ideas.
    SCROLL DOWN to 2nd POST FOR THE WHOLE GUIDE...
    GUIDE

GUIDE FOR THE TOOL
    • Extract the downloaded zip file extract to any concinient directory.Here I will explain the guide as a cygwin user.
    • Extract the zip to directory say c:\
    • The extracted folder will look like 'Modify-boot".Now open the terminal or cygwin bash and mount the directory by typing
    • Now drop your boot.img in the WORKING_313 folder and execute the script by typing
    • It will mod your boot.img for dual booting.Output boot.img will be in the WORKING_313 folder as boot.img.

MODDING THE ROM FOR DUAL BOOTING

• Open the ROM.zip.
    • Get the modded boot.img from the tool and replace with the original one.
    • Now download the attached updater-script from 1st post and replace the orignal one with this modded one(path to udater-script META-INF/com/google/android).
    • Zip up the rom.
    ADAPTING A ROM TO INSTALL IN THE SD CARD

• FLASHING GUIDE
    • Then install the rom without wiping data or anything.

Seriously? Dude can't u see this is the Blade forum. It will not work on any other phones :rolleyes:

Actually, it'll work on any phone that runs android and has a working recovery that can be used to install boot.img and system files via an updater script.

It works fine on my Mini and Huawai G300.
    Can't thank you enough for this,if it works..;) Great stuff btw.. At least,you were the first one that tried and got it working..:)

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium
    Just reported as a news tip for the portal :)