With this in mind I have created a second rooting solution for those of you who have issues with blackthund3r ICS Root 7.1.1
Please try ICS Root first, then try this, then ask for help This is not the most elegant of solutions but it does work
0) Have your CPUID and/or SBK to hand, along with the A500 APX Flash Tool downloaded. If you have your CPUID but not your SBK, go generate it now with http://a500bootloaderflash.tk/sbkcalc/
1) Download the root zip from http://www.blackthund3r.co.uk/hostedfiles/CWM_ICSRoot and copy it to the device's internal storage over USB
2) Load the A500 APX Flash Tool and enter the bundle market. View the bundles for the default repo (a500bootloaderflash.tk)
3) Scroll to the bottom and find the bundle which has a patched bootloader (v8) with CWM Recovery 1.7.3 (Bundle #17)
4) Enter the number in the box and press the download button
5) Allow it to automatically stage the bundle for flash, enter your SBK and press OK
6) You don't have root yet so don't dump your BCT
7) Flash the bundle as normal. If entering APX Mode doesn't work automatically, use the manual method
8) Once done DO NOT BOOT NORMALLY. Power the device off then immediately boot into recovery mode! IF YOU BOOT FIRST YOU WILL NEED TO REFLASH CWM WITH FASTBOOT OR APX MODE
10) Once in CWM, head to "Install zip file from internal storage" and select the file you copied over in step #1 & install it
11) Now reboot your tablet. You should now be rooted with CWM, busybox and native filesystem remounting!
This is version 2 which has loads of fixes in it. It is actually a pretty clean root now and includes most of ICS Root 7.1.1's features so don't be scared!