It's based on locerra's latest cm10 build, kudos to him.
What's in the rom ?
- Nexus 7 Phablet UI layout
- Beats-Audio modified DSP Manager for a greater sound experience.
- init.d tweak scripts : better responsiveness, faster sdcard, faster sqlite3 database write, TCP buffers tweak, lagfix, more to come next time.
- Included the -=V6 SuperCharger Script=- more informations and instructions on how to run below.
- Patched services.jar file to reduce redraws and increase overall smoothness.
- Some Thunderbolt's cfs and touchscreen tweaks
- Slaidy-Boost tweak scripts
- Zipalign at each boot
- A lot of build.prop tweaks, I will make a list of them and their effects soon.
- Busybox v1.19.4
- Optimized su binary to work best with the V6 SuperCharger Script
- Absolutely zero bloatware (except Trebuchet), as close to vanilla experience as possible (can make a flashable add-on for apollo if needed)
- Nexus 7 stock apps by google (Magazines, books, music, chrome, ears, maps, etc...)
- Homemade bootanimation
- Nexus 7 stock launcher
- Nexus 7 ui sounds and animations (not sure if they really differ from cm10)
- More to come...
Screenshots by Togadood
Video of the v1.3 bootanimation (size 640x640) :
Video by SS2006
How to install ?
If you are running stock firmware and want to flash this rom, please do the following to avoid the risk of BRICK
- DO NOT WIPE ANYTHING
- Flash this rom in cwm
- Reboot recovery
- Wipe /data (factory reset) , cache and dalvik cache
- Flash this rom in cwm again
- Flash the gapps in cwm
- Reboot and enjoy
If coming from cm9, i'd recommend you wipe data in cwm first, before doing the following.
If coming from locerra's cm10 then just do the following :
- Wipe Cache
- Wipe Dalvik cache
- Flash the rom (cwm)
- Flash the gapps (cwm)
- Reboot and enjoy !
How to run the -=V6 SuperCharger Script=- ?
Zeppelinrox - the author of this script - doesn't allow any other sort of redistribution of his script other than as it is.
Thus, I cannot provide you with an already "SuperCharged" build of Nexus 7.7 ; you'll have to run the script by yourself.
Do not worry it is really easy to do, just follow the instructions :
Easy way :
- Download Script Manager from the market
- Go to /system/xbin/ and load supercharger in Script Manager
- Run the script as root (skull and crossbones "Su" icon - it turns green when selected)
- follow the on-screen instructions and choose the options you like.
Fast way :
- open Terminal Emulator app
- type the following (each end of line means you have to hit enter) :
su cd /system/xbin sh supercharger
I cannot be held responsible for any damage of any kind made to your device while flashing this rom.
Always be careful when flashing, always think twice, and always read other users feedback before flashing.
This rom is experimental and I currently have no tab to work on, my P6810 is being repaired. I've not even tried this rom yet
So please understand that I really do this work for the community, and that not having a tab to test on can be very annoying when making roms.
Please feel free to mirror these links, as long as you give me the mirror's link, and that you don't take credits for my work.
P6800 & P6810 : http://goo.im/devs/Androguide/Nexus%207.7
Gapps : Download here
Older versions :
P6810 : Download here (Mediafire)
P6800 : Download here (Mediafire)
Nexus7.7 Custom Boot Animation
These are cwm flashable addons of the new (v1.3) boot animation, in different sizes.
- 640x640 (stock bootanim in v1.3) : http://www.mediafire.com/?scvhd5lqlb65hpb
- 720x720 : http://www.mediafire.com/?kb811xzd6i6a4a7
- 800x800 : http://www.mediafire.com/?0n47hln126jfn7b
- 880x880 : http://www.mediafire.com/?txog3gm1dqgwp4f
- 960x960 : http://www.mediafire.com/?grerccd8hlexap1
You can flash these over any version of this rom.
v1.2 --> v1.3 :
- init.d tweak scripts for : better responsiveness, faster sdcard, faster sqlite3 database write, TCP buffers tweak, lagfix, zipalign each boot
- Patched services.jar for reduction of redraws and a smoother experience
- Added the -=V6 SuperCharger Script=-
- Added Thunderbolt scripts (mainly cfs and touchscreen tweaks)
- New homemade bootanimation
- A lot of new build.prop tweaks, will make a list soon.
- Removed Chrome temporarily as it didn't work out-of-the-box
- Added stock Nexus 7 launcher (in addition to Trebuchet)
- The already-installed Earth doesn't work, you'll have to re-install it through the market
- Same as locerra's cm10
- Report yours
To (try to) Do
- Add galaxy tab 7.7 screen scenario and mode to the settings
- Add more build.prop tweaks
- Add lockscreen shortcuts to settings
- Try transforming this rom into a Paranoid Android port (ui layout and dpi choice per app)
- Add crt-off screen animation
- Got ideas ? tell me !
- Locerra for cm10 (and cm9 and cwm)
- Zeppelinrox for the -=V6 SuperCharger Script=-
- pikachu01 for Thunderbolt scripts
- slaid480 for his Slaidy-Boost tweak scripts
- UpInTheAir for his SkyHigh Rom which gave me lots of ideas for this build
- CdTDroiD for Deoxdexed stock nexus7 rom
- Togadood for taking the screenshots and beta-testing v1.3 (P6810)
- SS2006 for shooting the video of v1.3 bootanimation running & beta-testing cwm addons.
- Max11 & Isherif and for beta-testing v1.3 (P6800)