10th August 2012, 02:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 91

499 posts

The Neural Information Processing Group from
Eötvös Lóránd University proudly presents:

MouSense for Android based mobile devices

• MouSense headmouse (head tracker) is a hand-free application software for computers - one can control the cursor on the screen by head movements. Our latest product is MouSense for Android, a headmouse software for Android based smartphones, tablets and other info-communication devices.

• The software uses the latest opensource Computer Vision algorithms to determine the exact position of the head and to track it further. The stability, reliability and flexibility of these Computer Vision algorithms allow us to put them together in a way to create a robust and sufficiently optimized face-tracking software for mobile devices. The software tracks your face using the front-facing camera of the device, displays a small cursor on the screen as you move it along, and lets you simulate touch and API based key events to gain full control over the system.

• We considered making a slightly limited alpha version available to the public, so users with different variety of devices can help us improve our product before we release it to Google Play. Its a limited version hence the different action simulations (long click, drag, swype) are not present. We appreciate the help of testing from anybody who is curious enough to try the software and commited enough to send us the error reports the software prepares in case of a crash.

• Download link to the latest build will always be in post no. 2.
    Please don't upload the file to any website or file server, because the software is still in early alpha version, and bug fixing becomes much harder when we start having all sorts of strange error reports from builds coming from unknown sources all across the world wide web. We provide one reliable source for the new builds, one issue/feature tracker site and one discussion topic (this one).

• If you have noticed a bug, had a crash, or have a feature request for the application, you can ceate a new Ticket on this tracker site: http://nipg.inf.elte.hu:8556. All the active tickets holding these informations are under the 'View tickets' tab. Please don't write posts about these matters in this topic.
    If you feel you stressed the software well enough and didnt notice behaviour failures (or it has already been fixed), please feel free to post about that so we an add your device to the site under the 'tested devices' secion here: http://www.colleyeder.com/mousense/installation/

• For additional information such as installation, usage, background, contact address etc. please visit our website at: www.colleyeder.com/mousense

The software belongs to Eötvös Lóránd University and ELTE Neural Information Processing Group.

Thank you for your contribution!

Last edited by donlk; 10th July 2014 at 11:56 PM.
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to donlk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2012, 02:25 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

499 posts

• Market stable release is very close. Until the software is published there won't be any more links here. You all helped a lot with your reports and comments, so i'd like to thank you very much!

• build 0.4:
    - Speed optimizations for face preview bitmap redraws
    - Instruction popup windows implemented in the main menu and in the swype demo
  • build 0.3.5:
    - Force close fixed when Calibration starts on non rooted devices
  • build 0.3:
    - Demo applications implemented, you can access them through the main menu. These apps can be tried out WITHOUT root access.
    - Better mouse smoother algorithms integrated
  • build 0.2.1:
    - menu and back button simulations are merged in (available through the right button panel while facetracking)
    - further optimizations for touch calibration
  • build 0.2:
    - massively improved touch calibration
    - touch simulation is instant, zero delay
    - mouse is not clicking continuosly while holded still
    - Mouse sensitivity X, Mouse sensitivity Y and Circle radius step preference strange save behaviour fixed
  • build 0.1.7.5:
    - fully handled possible force closes and failures through the calibration process (hopefully)
  • build 0.1.7:
    - fixed possible runtime exceptions while face tracking
    - improved touch calibration (shouldnt fail now if you're tapping it lightly)
    - temporary fix for touchscreen device detection on some devices
    - improved method for detecting front-facing camera (needs test)
  • build 0.1.6:
    - fixed calibration FC on Samsung i9100 and possible other devices (thanks for the reports)
    - fixed seekbar progress display at Circle radius step option in Settings menu
  • build 0.1.5:
    - most logreporters fixed and expanded (please test)
  • build 0.1.4:
    - more logreporters added with extended exception-handlers (tests needed as always)
  • build 0.1.3:
    - added a few more in-app logreporters in case of calibration failure (therefore please send me the prepared log when it does happen!)
    - fixed possible FC when 'Start tracking' was pressed
  • build 0.1.2:
    - changed MouseSensitivityX, MouseSensitivityY and CircleRadiusStep option items to launch a seekbar instead of list
    - most of logcat debug code removed
    - About section in Main menu slightly reworked
  • build 0.1.0: initial alpha release

• slight UI lag

Last edited by donlk; 11th January 2013 at 03:21 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to donlk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2012, 02:29 PM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 269

1,586 posts
Thankyou for making this app!
11th August 2012, 04:43 AM   |  #4  
Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee / Haggis Muncher
Flag NSW, Australia
Thanks Meter: 9,515

23,556 posts
Donate to Me
More
Brilliant concept. I'm interested to see how well this can be implemented.

Tried but calibration fails each time I run it. Added new support ticket. Though I see another xda moderator has also logged the same fault on a different device.
11th August 2012, 01:31 PM   |  #5  
Flag Shimla
Thanks Meter: 1,413

726 posts
More
where is the fu*king windows version with only the software and front camera need ?
The Following User Says Thank You to kssood For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2012, 02:04 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

499 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kssood

where is the fu*king windows version with only the software and front camera need ?

The installation guide and download link are only up in hungarian language atm. You can find it here:
http://www.colleyeder.com/mousense/t...togepekhez-pc/
Last edited by donlk; 11th August 2012 at 02:14 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donlk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th August 2012, 06:56 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

499 posts
New build contains helper log reporters, anyone else who had problem with calibration before, please install the new version and send me the prepared logs.
Last edited by donlk; 13th August 2012 at 11:00 PM.
14th August 2012, 12:12 PM   |  #8  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 199

999 posts
More
It crashes at start up. Why don't you use Google play?

Sent from my GT-I9100 running CM10
14th August 2012, 09:47 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

499 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryController

It crashes at start up. Why don't you use Google play?

Please try the new version out.
Google Play is the worst place for early software build test, hence most of the end users don't intend to provide any bugreport/support ticket in case of a crash or strange behaviour in occasion. Speaking of alpha stage, there are losts of these occasions.
Last edited by donlk; 3rd September 2012 at 10:16 AM.
15th August 2012, 07:29 AM   |  #10  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 199

999 posts
More
Sent 2 crash reports

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aplha, mouse, mousense, track
Previous Thread Next Thread