The Neural Information Processing Group from
Eötvös Lóránd University proudly presents:
MouSense for Android based mobile devices
- MouSense headmouse (head tracker) is a hand-free application software for computers - one can control the cursor on the screen by head movements. Our latest product is MouSense for Android, a headmouse software for Android based smartphones, tablets and other info-communication devices.
- The software uses the latest opensource Computer Vision algorithms to determine the exact position of the head and to track it further. The stability, reliability and flexibility of these Computer Vision algorithms allow us to put them together in a way to create a robust and sufficiently optimized face-tracking software for mobile devices. The software tracks your face using the front-facing camera of the device, displays a small cursor on the screen as you move it along, and lets you simulate touch and API based key events to gain full control over the system.
- We considered making a slightly limited alpha version available to the public, so users with different variety of devices can help us improve our product before we release it to Google Play. Its a limited version hence the different action simulations (long click, drag, swype) are not present. We appreciate the help of testing from anybody who is curious enough to try the software and commited enough to send us the error reports the software prepares in case of a crash.
- Download link to the latest build will always be in post no. 2.
Please don't upload the file to any website or file server, because the software is still in early alpha version, and bug fixing becomes much harder when we start having all sorts of strange error reports from builds coming from unknown sources all across the world wide web. We provide one reliable source for the new builds, one issue/feature tracker site and one discussion topic (this one).
- If you have noticed a bug, had a crash, or have a feature request for the application, you can ceate a new Ticket on this tracker site: http://nipg.inf.elte.hu:8556. All the active tickets holding these informations are under the 'View tickets' tab. Please don't write posts about these matters in this topic.
If you feel you stressed the software well enough and didnt notice behaviour failures (or it has already been fixed), please feel free to post about that so we an add your device to the site under the 'tested devices' secion here: http://www.colleyeder.com/mousense/installation/
- For additional information such as installation, usage, background, contact address etc. please visit our website at: www.colleyeder.com/mousense
Thank you for your contribution!