The Neural Information Processing Group from
Eötvös Lóránd University proudly presents:
MouSense for Android based mobile devices!
MouSense headmouse (head tracker) is a hand-free application software for computers - one can control the cursor on the screen by head movements. Our latest product is MouSense for Android, a headmouse software for Android based smartphones, tablets and other info-communication devices.
The software uses the latest opensource Computer Vision algorithms to determine the exact position of the head and to track it further. The stability, reliability and flexibility of these Computer Vision algorithms allow us to put them together in a way to create a robust and sufficiently optimized face-tracking software for mobile devices. The software tracks your face using the front-facing camera of the device, displays a small cursor on the screen as you move it along, and lets you simulate touch and API based key events to gain full control over the system.
We considered making a slightly limited alpha version available to the public, so users with different variety of devices can help us improve our product before we release it to Google Play. Its a limited version hence the different action simulations (long click, drag, swype) are not present. We appreciate the help of testing from anybody who is curious enough to try the software and commited enough to send us the error reports the software prepares in case of a crash.
Download link to the latest build will always be in post no. 2.
Please don't upload the file to any website or file server, because the software is still in early alpha version, and bug fixing becomes much harder when we start having all sorts of strange error reports from builds coming from unknown sources all across the world wide web. We provide one reliable source for the new builds, one issue/feature tracker site and one discussion topic (this one).
If you have noticed a bug, had a crash, or have a feature request for the application, you can ceate a new Ticket on this tracker site: http://nipg.inf.elte.hu:8556. All the active tickets holding these informations are under the 'View tickets' tab. Please don't write posts about these matters in this topic.
If you feel you stressed the software well enough and didnt notice behaviour failures (or it has already been fixed), please feel free to post about that so we an add your device to the site under the 'tested devices' secion here: http://www.colleyeder.com/mousense/installation/
For additional information such as installation, usage, background, contact address etc. please visit our website at: www.colleyeder.com/mousense
Market stable release is very close. Until the software is published there won't be any more links here. You all helped a lot with your reports and comments, so i'd like to thank you very much!
- Speed optimizations for face preview bitmap redraws
- Instruction popup windows implemented in the main menu and in the swype demo
- Force close fixed when Calibration starts on non rooted devices
- Demo applications implemented, you can access them through the main menu. These apps can be tried out WITHOUT root access.
- Better mouse smoother algorithms integrated
- menu and back button simulations are merged in (available through the right button panel while facetracking)
- further optimizations for touch calibration
- massively improved touch calibration
- touch simulation is instant, zero delay
- mouse is not clicking continuosly while holded still
- Mouse sensitivity X, Mouse sensitivity Y and Circle radius step preference strange save behaviour fixed
- fully handled possible force closes and failures through the calibration process (hopefully)
- fixed possible runtime exceptions while face tracking
- improved touch calibration (shouldnt fail now if you're tapping it lightly)
- temporary fix for touchscreen device detection on some devices
- improved method for detecting front-facing camera (needs test)
- fixed calibration FC on Samsung i9100 and possible other devices (thanks for the reports)
- fixed seekbar progress display at Circle radius step option in Settings menu
- most logreporters fixed and expanded (please test)
- more logreporters added with extended exception-handlers (tests needed as always)
- added a few more in-app logreporters in case of calibration failure (therefore please send me the prepared log when it does happen!)
- fixed possible FC when 'Start tracking' was pressed
- changed MouseSensitivityX, MouseSensitivityY and CircleRadiusStep option items to launch a seekbar instead of list
- most of logcat debug code removed
- About section in Main menu slightly reworked
It crashes at start up. Why don't you use Google play?
Sent from my GT-I9100 running CM10
Please try the new version out.
Google Play is the worst place for early software build test, hence most of the end users don't intend to provide any bugreport/support ticket in case of a crash or strange behaviour in occasion. Speaking of alpha stage, there are losts of these occasions.
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?