[ROM] [NIghtlies] Disarmed Toaster [CM10/PA/AOKP] - 0.2.0 (Unofficial)
CyanogenMod 10 - Disarmed Toaster - Rearmed
Current version: 0.2.9
This is an un-official ROM, and not directly supported by the CyanogenMod team.
While working on Devil Toast, it occurred to me that I enjoyed having "names" for the different ROMs, instead of just calling them "CM9", "CM10", etc... But then, what was I going to call Jelly Bean? And while I greatly appreciate all the help ToastCFH has given me in the Android community, it didn't make sense to continue naming my ROMs after him. Then it struck me, "Disarmed Toaster". The name originally came from Microsoft (I'm sure they're thrilled to have named an Android ROM) and their absolutely insane "Random Naming" scheme in the XBOX 360. My wife couldn't think up a nickname (if any of you can't guess what my nick is, you have a *serious* issue with pattern recognition) so the XBOX 360 suggested some for her. The one that caught her attention was "Disarmed Toaster". What exactly is an armed toaster? Do we need to start warning people of the dangers of armed toasters? Are they rising up against us? So after some mild chuckles, she selected it as her name. No, she doesn't play online. No, neither of us have a Gold account. We play "Ticket To Ride" on it, that's about it. So when I got Jelly Bean to boot for the first time and actually function, the first change I made was to name it "Disarmed Toaster", after the woman who really is the most important person in my life. When it became evident that I took Devil Toast as far as it was going to go without some serious code writing (for this unfamiliar, this is the act of writing source code. I don't do any smali hacking or binary swapping from other developers to make these ROMs), I decided it was time to cut over to Jelly Bean. So here it is, a pre-Alpha Jelly Bean ROM, named "Disarmed Toaster"
* Your warranty is now likely void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* spontaneous combustion, your wife/girlfriend wanting
* to have my babies, or any other host of cosmic penalties
* which may befall you, your family, or your phone.
What doesn't work:
- USB Mass Storage
- Car Dock
- Google Now
- Anryl Kernel is missing (you can select it, but the actual boot image is missing from the package)
- PDroid app is missing (you can download it from XDA). Framework is still properly installed.
- Vanilla Kernel may or may not actually boot. It didn't boot for me, but mileage may vary?
- Vanilla Kernel missing multi-touch patch
- Random data drops
- HDMI output
Kernel: Vanilla Kernel
Toolchain: GCC ARM version 4.6
Kernel: CoolExe ShooterU Kernel
This ROM uses extra information contained in the boot.img file which standard mkbootimg doesn't understand and discards. To change the kernel, please download the unpackbootimg and mkbookimg tools located on goo.im next to the ROM itself. These are linux-only tools for the moment, but should unblock people from creating boot.img files which are compatible with Disarmed Toaster.
First, and most importantly, my wife Courtney
, who this build is named after
[B]CoolExe and MikeC84 for offering me the ability to prepackage their kernels in the installer
, who helped me learn both Linux and Android, as well as contributed largely to all HTC product development in CM
, who has helped me along in the GSM community
, for the amazing 3D Boot Animation
, cause I still love those guys
, who got me back into this stuff
, makers of a great phone that failed only because of marketing and software...
- Camera fixes
- AOKP added to ROM
- Kernels included in AROMA Installer
- Fixes in build process, switch to Anryl and MAC Kernels
- Internal bugfixes, integration of latest codebases
- Fixed WiFi
- Fixed Phone Audio
- Fixed Google Now
- Broke Phone Audio (See a recurring trend?)
- Broke WiFi
- Fixed multi-touch
- Fixed issue with phone audio
- Verified USB Mass Storage and GPS
- Broke Google Now / mic
- Fixed mic issue when not in phone call
- Fixed headset issue