Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 38,674 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Accessing Microsd on phone

Tip us?

Asteradragon
Old
(Last edited by Asteradragon; 11th August 2012 at 06:04 PM.) Reason: Added new information.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Accessing Microsd on phone

Hi, I recently got the CDMA (Virgin Mobile US) One V, and am having issues accessing the microsd folder using file explorers on the phone.
Using astro, if I go "up" as far as possible to /, the options are
mnt
proc
root
sbin
sdcard
sys
system
vendor

On my TF101, removable storage is under sdcard. But if I go under there, the options read

Android
DCIM
Download
LOST.DIR
Notifications
tmp

My question is, do you need root access to access removable storage? And if not, where is it? And yes, the SD card is recognized under settings.

EDIT: When I connected the phone to windows computer, it showed up as one drive, namely just the microsd card's space, and not anything about the phone. Does this mean everything besides apps, like videos/photos taken with the camera and files downloaded, is automatically stored on the microsd card?

Sorry if this is long, first post.

dobbs69
Old
(Last edited by dobbs69; 11th August 2012 at 06:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 19
The answer to one of your questions is "yes" the phone does save your downloads and pics/videos to sdcard. I believe the PC only shows your sdcard when you have your phone in drive mode.

No you don't have to be root to access your sdcard.
The Following User Says Thank You to dobbs69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Asteradragon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbs69 View Post
The answer to one of your questions is "yes" the phone does save your downloads and pics/videos to sdcard. I believe the PC only shows your sdcard when you have your phone in drive mode.

No you don't have to be root to access your sdcard.
Thanks, I think I figured it out. Just hope this remains the same after switching ROMs.

shubhamchamaria
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,267

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteradragon View Post
Thanks, I think I figured it out. Just hope this remains the same after switching ROMs.
under /mnt/sdcard
MY WORKS:

Nexus 4:
1.CM10.2 Nightlies

HTC Desire:
1.Runny ROM

HTC One V:
1.SuPrimo ROM
2.Blue Sense 4.1
3.MIUI.us for One V
4.HTC One V VirginMobile Root
5.De-Sense(REMOVE HTC SENSE) Tool

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK AND WOULD LIKE TO HELP ME PLEASE CONSIDER A DONATION OR VISIT MY WEBSITE(http://slandroid.com)