HTC announced the One X International android 4.0.4 Sense 4.1 update rolled out. So I googled the Camera and found a flashable zip in the One X forums.
Credits for mod/zip:
ALL CREDIT GOES TO HIM, IM NOT THE ORIGINAL POSTER, JUST RE-POSTING WHAT IVE FOUND.
I'm not responsible for what you choose to do with your already rooted device, etc.
The zip won't flash. It will abort installation so just follow the steps below to install:
1. Download zip HERE (DropBox link)
2. Extract zip contents to SD Card.
3. Backup your original files individually or do a nandroid backup of your system partition.
4. Use Root Explorer (or other type app) to copy all files in zip to proper locations (as shown below
--- system/app Camera.apk
--- system/etc media_profiles.xml
--- system/lib libhtccamera.so
--- system/lib libOlaEngineNew.so
5. Set all permissions to look like rw-r--r-- (ie. Like every other system file)
6. Change Owner (root explorer option press n hold and scroll to bottom) to root (0) and root (0).
7. Click on camera app once in system app directory and perms and owner are set and actually install the app.
After Install (thing to know, bugs, etc):
- All settings from previous Camera app will be there
- Video recording will work from HD and down. Camera app will close if you try the Full HD setting for video recording.
- Slow Motion video will cause the camera app to close also. Most likely kernel related.
- FFC works fine for me on picture and video...as well as a 0.3 VGA can work. Functionality seems fine.
- Touch Focus reported not working on ViperS ROM.
- Touch to take photo works great for me (on IC Evolution 2.20) and focus is clear for me as well.
Enjoy. I like it, so other may as well.