PROJECT COMPLETED 100% - NO MORE OFFICIAL UPDATES!
This is my last project - not only for Xperia Play users . Why? The problem are my hands, and you can read all about it in my DX8 thread here, don't want to write everything again. But before we say goodbye, let's have a little fun .....
So let's go, a little text before we start everything. I want to say big Thank You for all Developers, which help me in the past, all people who are with me, all fans, all haters (), and just.... everyone. XDA community here is one of the best, I've learned a lot in my "carrier" and I think it was great journey, with lots of smile, lots of bugs and force closes, tooo muuuch code and scripts, and any other awesome things inside Android platform. I don't want to call anyone from name/nick beacuse everyone made some nice features for our Play devices, all of us have something to glorify themselves. Sooo....Thanks again for everyone.
Based on Android 2.3.7 features from Xperia 2012 line and Android 2.3.4. Why not ICS? I decided to stay on GB for the best performance, stability and experience for gamers, like me or most Xperia Play users ^^.
Mobile Bravia Engine.
Facebook & Twitter (and mooore).
Walkman music app from ICS update for Xperia NXT (big thanks for w4lkm4n ).
Xperia Sola Keyboard (with voice options).
Create Yourself ™ - my own idea. You've seen this in all DiXperias - it's something like "you choose stuff and version you like, and if you need something, you just apply this like extra file. No need to delete tons of apps you don't using and won't" - it's simple, fast, and has potential .
Apps and firmware taken from Xperia S stuff, ports etc. (music, widgets, home, font etc.).
Scripts, tricks, tweaks - they promise lot of fun, lot of performance and lot of stability ^^.
I think it's enough but you know it's not everything - I'm sure I missed a lot of features, but it's up to you to test it yourself if you really want to using this ROM.
- Of course Root + Busybox.
- Locked or Unlocked Bootloader
- CWM Recovery.
- Baseband .64 (tested on it, maybe another works too like .62 or .58)
- Download ROM (+ optional addons) and put it on your SD Card.
- Flash correct Kernel - any for Stock based ROMs (I recommend DooMKernel -> CLICK).
- Go to CWM Recovery and make Full Wipe and Wipe Cache, then clean your Dalvik, fix Battery and Fix Permissions.
- Choose .zip to flash and select my ROM. Wait...
- Done! Reboot and feel free to use this!
Golden-Suggestion -> If you like my work and you are using it right now, please glorify it on your signature with this graphic:
- Don't use any backup!
- After flash my system give it few hours for better stability and ~one day for applicate all scripts/tweaks/tricks.
- Flash every addon separately.
- Simple, but no one understand it. If you want to have better battery life just decrase brightness.
- If you have any problems with standard apps like FC in music, not working Clean Bass option, not showing notifications in lockscreen or FC in conversations - reflash ROM, don't forget to fix permissions and after few hours of using reboot few times. Should help.
- In my opinion, interactiveX, and frequency of CPU 364.8-1305.6MHz gives awesome stability and performance .
- If you don't have 2G/3G connection with Internet, you need to set your APNs yourself.
I need 3 testers, they will get DX2 tommorow for tests etc. Don't write me any PM, just first three persons under this post will be allowed to test it - I'm waiting for you .
Those guys will get PM when all will be uploaded, with some instructions too :P. Take care everybody.
September 2013 - June 2014
not available on XDA
holidays, school, exams, work, sorry guys!
As we’ve mentioned quite a few times in the past, multiboot is quite the interesting … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?