Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Nabi 2 play store????

OP bigbair45

13th August 2012, 03:19 AM   |  #1  
bigbair45's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Defiance
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
I am an experienced Android user and have rooted my OG EVO and EVO LTE with never any problems. The question I have is. How to install the Play Store on a Nabi 2? I've downloaded the .apk directly to the Nabi, installed without a hitch. When I go to open; it just closes. Not a crash or force close but just an instant close. Any ideas on how to keep it open? I watched a You Tube vid on a guy using a Nabi 1 with the Play Store and believe me. I've done everything perfectly......so please please give me some advice.
14th August 2012, 08:52 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Storage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbair45

I am an experienced Android user and have rooted my OG EVO and EVO LTE with never any problems. The question I have is. How to install the Play Store on a Nabi 2? I've downloaded the .apk directly to the Nabi, installed without a hitch. When I go to open; it just closes. Not a crash or force close but just an instant close. Any ideas on how to keep it open? I watched a You Tube vid on a guy using a Nabi 1 with the Play Store and believe me. I've done everything perfectly......so please please give me some advice.

I just bought the tablet for my niece and I am having the same problem...I also tried downloading a few apps from 4 shared and it instantly closes them also...I know its a new tablet so hopefully they will have a fix soon! Its really an amazing tablet and to have the quad core processor in it just makes it even better!
15th August 2012, 01:39 AM   |  #3  
bigbair45's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Defiance
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmp7624

I just bought the tablet for my niece and I am having the same problem...I also tried downloading a few apps from 4 shared and it instantly closes them also...I know its a new tablet so hopefully they will have a fix soon! Its really an amazing tablet and to have the quad core processor in it just makes it even better!

It's almost the same specs as the 7! I was blown away by it! I obviously hate the fruit company, that's why I'm here. I traded my sister a tv for my son's itouch. Since the whole trial with Samsung I almost want to throw up. So I told him that I have to sell it & his leapad. He was so excited to get his Nabi & I'm jealous! The dual modes is phenomenal & a seamless experience. All I want to do is be able to get the play store on it. Amazon runs without a hitch, at least I was able to install Appy Geek! So please someone just gimme a little advice on how to get our beloved play store.

Sent from my MEAN EVO LTE using xda app-developers app
15th August 2012, 05:39 PM   |  #4  
bigbair45's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Defiance
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Any ideas on this topic anyone?
15th August 2012, 05:55 PM   |  #5  
haker307's Avatar
Member
Flag bradford
Thanks Meter: 7
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Did you install Google framework service.apk ???

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium
15th August 2012, 06:08 PM   |  #6  
bigbair45's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Defiance
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haker307

Did you install Google framework service.apk ???

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

No I did not. I'm assuming that this is a crucial component? Would you happen to know the location of where I can grab the framework.apk?

Sent from my MEAN EVO EVO LTE using xda app-developers app
Last edited by bigbair45; 15th August 2012 at 06:23 PM.
15th August 2012, 06:58 PM   |  #7  
bigbair45's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Defiance
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbair45

No I did not. I'm assuming that this is a crucial component? Would you happen to know the location of where I can grab the framework.apk?


Sent from my MEAN EVO EVO LTE using xda app-developers app

I found the .apk downloaded it on the Nabi and when I installed it, it failed and simply stated not installed. Am I going to have to wait for a root to get the play store?
16th August 2012, 10:38 PM   |  #8  
Member
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 23
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbair45

I am an experienced Android user and have rooted my OG EVO and EVO LTE with never any problems. The question I have is. How to install the Play Store on a Nabi 2? I've downloaded the .apk directly to the Nabi, installed without a hitch. When I go to open; it just closes. Not a crash or force close but just an instant close. Any ideas on how to keep it open? I watched a You Tube vid on a guy using a Nabi 1 with the Play Store and believe me. I've done everything perfectly......so please please give me some advice.

I just got Nabi2 for my grandson and am testing it out before I wrap it and give it to him, lol. I found this info. Guess we'll have to wait for a little bit.

Post-Launch Nabi 2 Tablet FAQs


Q: Where is Google Play? How do I install it?
A. Google's Support Site:
The Android operating system is open source, which means that any device manufacturer is free to use Android on its devices. However, Google Play is an application that is only made available to devices that pass Google’s compatibility requirements. In addition, manufacturers must obtain a license from Google in order to install the Google Play Store app on their devices.
If you don’t have the Google Play Store app, and your device is not listed here, that means your device is not supported for use with Google Play at this time.

There is currently no Google Play Store apk that can be sideloaded successfully onto the nabi 2 Tablet without experiencing Forced Closure when used. Fan-a-Tech Eric is working hard on a solution that will allow users to do this. When available it will be posted here on the blog.
The Following User Says Thank You to terryYew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #9  
VitaZora's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
208 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryYew

I just got Nabi2 for my grandson and am testing it out before I wrap it and give it to him, lol. I found this info. Guess we'll have to wait for a little bit.

Post-Launch Nabi 2 Tablet FAQs


Q: Where is Google Play? How do I install it?
A. Google's Support Site:
The Android operating system is open source, which means that any device manufacturer is free to use Android on its devices. However, Google Play is an application that is only made available to devices that pass Google’s compatibility requirements. In addition, manufacturers must obtain a license from Google in order to install the Google Play Store app on their devices.
If you don’t have the Google Play Store app, and your device is not listed here, that means your device is not supported for use with Google Play at this time.

There is currently no Google Play Store apk that can be sideloaded successfully onto the nabi 2 Tablet without experiencing Forced Closure when used. Fan-a-Tech Eric is working hard on a solution that will allow users to do this. When available it will be posted here on the blog.

The EverythingNabi site has just posted a how-to for getting most of the Google apps installed and working on the Nabi 2. There is still an issue of force closing with the Play Store, but Music works now as well as Gmail and Youtube.

Here is the link:
http://everythingnabi.blogspot.com/p...-2-tablet.html
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaZora For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #10  
dvandam's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
303 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
I just found out about this tablet. Makes me wish I had an older child, as I think this may be a little too advanced for my 2 year old.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes