5,600,612 Members 32,983 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which Tip is the best/most helpful?
Radios 36 25.53%
Juice Defender 33 23.40%
Live Wallpapers 10 7.09%
Always on Mobile Data 9 6.38%
Screen Timeout 9 6.38%
Task Killers 10 7.09%
Sleeping/Rouge Apps 26 18.44%
Notable Super Rouges 8 5.67%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

SGSIII / General Android Battery Tips (Can triple battery life!) | Updated 8/27/12

Tip us?

Biofall
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 540

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekigah84 View Post
ICS changed the Battery Stats. It doesn't display that information in About Device. Uptime is there but awake time isn't.
Actually, that's incorrect. Menu>Settings>Battery>click on the small graph picture. It gives you many things, including time on battery, Awake time, Screen on time, and charging time. It's just graphically represented.
Devices:
HTC One (silver) & (stealth black)Running Bad Boyz Sprint ONE ROM | 4.3 | Sense 5.0 | Deodexed | v1.1
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime Running AndroWook Prime Hairy Bean v2.2
Samsung Galaxy S III (marble white) Running Team Sonic-FreeGS3 JB v3.0.0

Links:
Biofall's MyColorscreen` --|-- `Device not sleeping? Want better battery life? >> Android/HTC One Battery Tips

ycats
Old
Thanks Meter 119
How do you accomplish #4?
Go to menu>settings>wireless & networks>mobile networks>disable always on mobile data.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

found it under Data Usage

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

well, when I turned Mobile Data Off, didn't receive any data (emails, etc.) so I turned it back on

noreboy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm curiouis about this 1 as well. How do we accomplish this as I don't see that option?

Shoulon
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Remove that "wipe battery stats" from your tips. its a old myth that needs to die permanently.
Quote:
Are you new to XDA? Have a Question? Watch this video!
If I have helped you in anyway or anyone else for that matter. Click that thanks button!

Biofall
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 540

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoulon View Post
Remove that "wipe battery stats" from your tips. its a old myth that needs to die permanently.
You are correct.

http://www.landofdroid.acom/2012/to-...-the-question/
Devices:
HTC One (silver) & (stealth black)Running Bad Boyz Sprint ONE ROM | 4.3 | Sense 5.0 | Deodexed | v1.1
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime Running AndroWook Prime Hairy Bean v2.2
Samsung Galaxy S III (marble white) Running Team Sonic-FreeGS3 JB v3.0.0

Links:
Biofall's MyColorscreen` --|-- `Device not sleeping? Want better battery life? >> Android/HTC One Battery Tips

rlockwich
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I disable everything when I go to sleep at night, or when I am putting my phone on charge in middle of the day to maybe help it gain battery while not draining it, sort of like a power charge I like to think. It's so easy to do, just slide down status bar, uncheck everything (WiFi, Mobile Data, Sync, dim screen all the way) and that's it. I had 22h1m running since last charge today when I was at 4%.

shuiguo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default General Android Battery Tips (Can triple battery life!) | Updated

Thank you for sharing this is to improve life of the battery

eMi111
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiguo View Post
Thank you for sharing this is to improve life of the battery
It helps to use the right ROM and know how to work your phone:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-16-16-17-16.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1331578  

abhaxus
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Also, apparently Google apps backup is broken for some users. I had a problem with the phone not sleeping and traced it to google backup, apparently it's a common problem with ICS. This is unrelated to contacts/calendar sync. If you have the phone device rooted and use titanium you can leave this off, and as long as you don't lose your phone it's no big deal. Setting is under system settings -> backup and reset.

Figure I would show this off here, had the flu last week and was basically comatose for 30 hours. Only about 2 hrs screen on time, but all radios on and even passed out with navigation on after checking traffic at one point. 51 hours

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1347848609018.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	1332343  
Any posts and opinions on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent my employer's positions, strategies or opinions.

TambourineMan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I would try disabling Google backup so it no longer updated/synced my info to the web until I next turned it on, but the option says it deletes all the info already stored on the web. I suppose this is good if someone wanted to delete this info for privacy concerns, but there should be an option to just turn the syncing off, or to schedule it for once a day or something.

I have not tried disabling it as I do not want to wipe my info.