View Poll Results: Which Tip is the best/most helpful?
Radios 36 25.53%
Juice Defender 33 23.40%
Live Wallpapers 10 7.09%
Always on Mobile Data 9 6.38%
Screen Timeout 9 6.38%
Task Killers 10 7.09%
Sleeping/Rouge Apps 26 18.44%
Notable Super Rouges 8 5.67%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

SGSIII / General Android Battery Tips (Can triple battery life!) | Updated 8/27/12

OP Biofall

10th February 2013, 07:22 PM   |  #61  
btb601's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
serious battery drain
I have dropped my phone and shattered the screen. I had accident protection so I called and got a replacement. I restored my stuff from the backup and now my phone dies every night. I even have more stuff turned off now than I did on the original phone.
Battery in settings showing my main drain is the Android System @53%
Next is Update Agent @ 37%
Also the touch screen is a little wiggy, sometimes stops working but then starts again.
Have I missed something or have I received a bad phone?
Last edited by btb601; 10th February 2013 at 07:28 PM.
25th February 2013, 07:27 AM   |  #62  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 3
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by btb601

I have dropped my phone and shattered the screen. I had accident protection so I called and got a replacement. I restored my stuff from the backup and now my phone dies every night. I even have more stuff turned off now than I did on the original phone.
Battery in settings showing my main drain is the Android System @53%
Next is Update Agent @ 37%
Also the touch screen is a little wiggy, sometimes stops working but then starts again.
Have I missed something or have I received a bad phone?

Stock or custom rom?
12th March 2013, 01:11 AM   |  #63  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
For what it's worth, I've been trying an app called Llama, and it senses when your home, at work, etc and adjust your phones settings to suit your needs where your at. I've not used it very long, but mines set up (so far) to enable WiFi when I'm at home, and when I leave my home, it disables it. So my WiFi isnt searching for available signals all the time. I dont know yet if it's doing me any good, so I just thought I'd throw it out there. I'm sure it can come in handy for other things, if the actual app isnt killing battery life in the process.
12th March 2013, 03:33 AM   |  #64  
excitedfermion's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Re: SGSIII / General Android Battery Tips (Can triple battery life!) | Updated 8/27
I liked Tasker for that. You could create location triggers that do anything, from turning on your Wi-Fi, to adjusting screen brightness.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by btb601

I have dropped my phone and shattered the screen. I had accident protection so I called and got a replacement. I restored my stuff from the backup and now my phone dies every night. I even have more stuff turned off now than I did on the original phone.
Battery in settings showing my main drain is the Android System @53%
Next is Update Agent @ 37%
Also the touch screen is a little wiggy, sometimes stops working but then starts again.
Have I missed something or have I received a bad phone?

Can I assume you've tried rebooting your phone?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
12th March 2013, 03:49 AM   |  #65  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
I'm realizing after using it, its not very accurate. It doesn't use GPS or anything making it very inefficient. I'll give tasker a go...
16th March 2013, 10:09 PM   |  #66  
MJGirl's Avatar
Member
Flag New Hampton
Thanks Meter: 9
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Re: SGSIII / General Android Battery Tips (Can triple battery life!) | Updated 8/27
Hi, I've tried all those tips you all recommended but my battery drains at a ridiculous pace. Could it be that I have a faulty battery /phone? I got this phone for my birthday so when I went out to celebrate it, it went from 100% to 0% in two hours (not to mention, my NFL team lost the game) I hadn't even installed any apps yet - zero. Since I've had my phone (5 months) I've had to charge it 3+ times a day to keep it running and it's driving me crazy. I'm considering going to Sprint and asking them to replace the battery but I wanna go prepared because chances are they are going to treat me like a clueless idiot....errr customer.
Has anyone gotten a battery replacement from them? Did you get it for free? What did you say to convince them? Thank you guys for your time.
P.S. My phone is unrooted.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by MJGirl; 16th March 2013 at 10:14 PM.
16th March 2013, 11:13 PM   |  #67  
Rajata's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl

Hi, I've tried all those tips you all recommended but my battery drains at a ridiculous pace. Could it be that I have a faulty battery /phone? I got this phone for my birthday so when I went out to celebrate it, it went from 100% to 0% in two hours (not to mention, my NFL team lost the game) I hadn't even installed any apps yet - zero. Since I've had my phone (5 months) I've had to charge it 3+ times a day to keep it running and it's driving me crazy. I'm considering going to Sprint and asking them to replace the battery but I wanna go prepared because chances are they are going to treat me like a clueless idiot....errr customer.
Has anyone gotten a battery replacement from them? Did you get it for free? What did you say to convince them? Thank you guys for your time.
P.S. My phone is unrooted.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

I had the same problem with my stock battery. I decided to use extended battery that has 7000mah. It last me 2-3 days on moderate use. I'm so happy now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rajata For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2013, 11:28 PM   |  #68  
MJGirl's Avatar
Member
Flag New Hampton
Thanks Meter: 9
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Re: SGSIII / General Android Battery Tips (Can triple battery life!) | Updated 8/27
I don't really want an extended battery because I don't want my phone to be thicker. I'd rather buy an extra than have to put up with the size. I might change my mind though if this problem can't be fixed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
17th March 2013, 01:44 AM   |  #69  
Rajata's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl

I don't really want an extended battery because I don't want my phone to be thicker. I'd rather buy an extra than have to put up with the size. I might change my mind though if this problem can't be fixed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Ok it's up to you...Goodluck hope you fix the problem
17th March 2013, 06:37 PM   |  #70  
Biofall's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 542
 
2,301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Donate to Me
More
That is most certainly a faulty battery and should be replaced. Bring it to a Sprint repair center and explain to them the issues just as you have to me, along with the things that you have done. They should replace it if you are nice and respectful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl

Hi, I've tried all those tips you all recommended but my battery drains at a ridiculous pace. Could it be that I have a faulty battery /phone? I got this phone for my birthday so when I went out to celebrate it, it went from 100% to 0% in two hours (not to mention, my NFL team lost the game) I hadn't even installed any apps yet - zero. Since I've had my phone (5 months) I've had to charge it 3+ times a day to keep it running and it's driving me crazy. I'm considering going to Sprint and asking them to replace the battery but I wanna go prepared because chances are they are going to treat me like a clueless idiot....errr customer.
Has anyone gotten a battery replacement from them? Did you get it for free? What did you say to convince them? Thank you guys for your time.
P.S. My phone is unrooted.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl

I don't really want an extended battery because I don't want my phone to be thicker. I'd rather buy an extra than have to put up with the size. I might change my mind though if this problem can't be fixed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app


The Following User Says Thank You to Biofall For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Sprint Galaxy S III General by ThreadRank